• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she?

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I'm confident that once S650 is revealed, a great number of Mustangs fans will be outraged, claiming it "doesn't look like a Mustang". 6 months later, they'll be ordering one :giggle:
Hmm...don't know about that for me at least.
S650 Mustang S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she? 2015-Mustang-CarandDriver-1

With S550, I knew in 2012 I was being fed a bunch of BS with weak renderings, but by early 2013, the few guys doing it justice, had me knowing what I wanted.
S650 Mustang S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she? 2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_Sketch2

I loved the S197 as a badass, modernized retromobile, enhanced with annual updates, but I knew what Ford needed to do for the future and they predicted what I wanted.
S650 Mustang S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she? 2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-car-and-driver-photo-520377-s-original

The major leaks of the front fascia testing on that track in 2013, it was like Christmas morning. Per chazcron renderings (dead accurate), I did dislike the fog light clustre, but other than that, perfection on the rest. I actually hated the GT350 in 2015 initially as being overstyled and tacky, but grew to love it around 2018.

The refresh wasn't to my taste in 2017, only looking "okay" to me in black/MGM, international spec with clear front indicators or with the neater valance of the Mach 1.

S650 Mustang S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she? ford_mustang_mach_1_50_0158015e0e1b0992

EDIT: LOST a MEGA edit (hit back twice while adding a photo attachment), expanding on the mission of the Mustang in the current era!!!:explode:
Sponsored

Last edited:

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was released today. I’m not sure how accurate it is, considering the glaring reference to V6 engines in the USA. Anyway, considering it’s a slow news day I’ll put it here: https://www.speedcafe.com/torquecafe/coming-soon-2023-ford-mustang/
Absolute fluff, as they keep stupidly referring to an "all new" SUV platform (CD6). Damn idiots lol. How do they not get it by this point, as CD6 has been known to be thrown out the window since 2018? Smh

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Hmm...don't know about that for me at least.
Hang on amk, what do you mean by that?
- That you don't think S650 will look like a traditional mustang?

-Or that you don't think it'll grow on you to the point where you'll want one?

- Or did you mean something else entirely?

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hang on amk, what do you mean by that?
- That you don't think S650 will look like a traditional mustang?

-Or that you don't think it'll grow on you to the point where you'll want one?

- Or did you mean something else entirely?
I don't agree with people hating on something out the gate for the sake of it. I deemed it very silly and irrational most of the '15 complaints back in late 2013, as Ford created a very handsome vehicle for the price point.

It was obvious what it looked like when this appeared 3 1/2 months before reveal, yet a lot of people acted very obtuse upon reveal, as if they hadn't seen the same thing.
S650 Mustang S650 is out there somewhere, isn't she? 2015-ford-mustang-spy-photos-news-car-and-driver-photo-520377-s-original

I attributed that in 2013, to people not trusting M6G's own insight via reputable sources and relying on outside misleading renderings or figuratively closing their eyes, sticking fingers in their ears, as if they didn't see that design coming.

I feel the same way about the Bronco, because it was more than obvious what Ford was doing after hints and leaks came out, yet some acted like they were totally blindsided and acting as if an F-150 based T3 platform SUV was an absolute a la OJ Bronco.

People need to be more realistic with their expectations and not act like kids at Christmas, shocked as if pops and momma bought them an ugly sweater and leggings.

A real shocker to me was the 2018 model, as no one saw those level of changes coming midcycle.

Jem's criticisms are extremely reasonable on S650, compared to what I saw with the S550 and Bronco being downright childish.

I am only worried about what Jim Hackett might have handicapped, as most design work and supplier sourcing was done under his regime from 2017 to 2020.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The article sounds like someone just googled a few minutes and wrote down what he found without filtering what parts are actually outdated

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
...meanwhile I'm over here wondering if that Mustang sedan variant is still going to be made, or if it's just something often talked about but never greenlit for actual full-on production. 😝
I've been wondering this as well. I would love to replace both my cars in the garage with both a 2-door convertible and 4-door coupe. There are tons of small rumors that point to it potentially being a thing but I'm not holding my breath just yet

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
No offense Jem, but I take your comment with a grain of salt ;) You are a new member and I’m happy that joined the forum. However, I still ask myself how it is possible that a new member has seen the new S650 when nobody else has? I’m not saying you haven’t but anyone could’ve guessed that… Different head and taillights but still paying tribute to the heritage… That’s an evergreen guess ;)

Besides, the front will most likely get the big grill and the overall silhouette will be closely related to the sculpture. It’s obvious that the S650 will not be an overall new or completely new looking car. It’s a Mustang and the current one is a beloved car after all. Never change a running (winning) system just refine it as everyone else is doing it. Just don’t be like Chevrolet and refine the bad aspects of your car ;)
Jem may be a new member here, but a very old member of many of the well-established automotive (mostly Ford) forums. Anyone that knows his history will take notice of anything he is willing to share.

A small example; he showed us the FGX Falcon months before anyone publicly leaked anything or had any clue what it looked like.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Rear has had more treatment and departs a little more design wise, while still maintaining the tri sectioned lamps, but much more angled
Returning to this momentarily, Jem, are the tail lights akin to Mach E? That's what I'm getting from your description.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Returning to this momentarily, Jem, are the tail lights akin to Mach E? That's what I'm getting from your description.
Great Question, I’m also wondering if quad tip exhaust will carry over for S650 GT’s ?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
C'mon, we don't even know when we'll see the first spy photo (6 days and counting before @Topnotch has let us down :crackup: ) never mind the full reveal of the car.

I'd love to see it unveiled on Mustang birthday (17th April) but I doubt it.