• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
:doh: This needs to be a sticky: 3. PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

For employees of eligible partner companies, you must provide a recent pay stub, company I.D., W-2 or company healthcare card. All are acceptable items to verify employment. (Note: business cards will not be accepted as proof of employment). The dealership must list the company or organization's name on the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
For residents in the same household as the eligible employee/retiree, driver’s licenses’ will be required for proof of residence.
For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.

Meaning the membership must last (NOT EXIST) for at least 60 days. I.E. MCA membership is good for at least a year, when you present your MCA card it is proof of eligibility by it's expiration date (because even if you use it the day it expires you still were a member for more than 60 days (1 year))

Think of it like a gym membership: You join the MCA gym for 1 month and quit no X-Plan for you! Stick with it for 2 months you get rewarded with X-Plan.
Thanks. This has been added to the first post.

Yes, TMS has a sticky thread about getting X-plan. I think this site should too. It should include instructions on how to sign up for MCA, where to go to get the PIN after signing up and this very important tidbit that most people misunderstand.
This thread is already a sticky.

We should also include other options besides MCA. Some that actually save you more than just a car purchase.
If anyone wants to draft up clear instructions on the entire process for MCA/other methods to obtain X-plan, I will update the first post and have Jarstang link it to the WIKI page.

You can post it here or PM me. Thanks.
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Yeah, updating the first post of this thread makes perfect sense. Thanks Mod!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Yeah, updating the first post of this thread makes perfect sense. Thanks Mod!
I was just amused with the rhyme :-) Hopefully folks will read the first post of this sticky that's not a Wiki. Hee hee...

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wish I had come accross this info sooner, Placing an order today. I'll register & pay for the membership now. Hopefully the dealer will be able to do something.
If not, find another dealer. If ordered today, your car isn't going to arrive for 2/3/4 months, waiting another day to call all of the dealers in the area to find one that accepts X-Plan is probably worth the delay in order. I know I saved almost $3K. Not sure what you will save in a lease. Please return and share what you find out.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
The way I understand it, there's really no rush. You don't have to have been a member for 60 days, you just need a membership that is for longer than 60 days at the time of purchase. Meaning as soon as you buy a year membership, you're good.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
When I ordered mine on Monday, I followed the x-plan rules and told them upfront I was x-plan. They didn't really validate it. All they said was to bring my membership card at the time of delivery/payment. I did have the membership number with me but not the actual card (you get the membership number immediately, and then you go to Ford to get the PIN). They said it was fine and wrote the purchase agreement up with x-plan price.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
When I ordered mine on Monday, I followed the x-plan rules and told them upfront I was x-plan. They didn't really validate it. All they said was to bring my membership card at the time of delivery/payment. I did have the membership number with me but not the actual card (you get the membership number immediately, and then you go to Ford to get the PIN). They said it was fine and wrote the purchase agreement up with x-plan price.
It's not verified until your car arrives and you sign the paperwork. Before that point, you just want to make sure they're on board with selling you the car on x-plan, which is exactly what you did.

If you walk in the dealership when the car gets there and you don't actually qualify for x-plan, you're going to be SOL.

Boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus RS,,
:)

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
So when you do X-Plan the dealer doesn't make the same profit on the car? So it might be harder to negotiate a lease term?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So when you do X-Plan the dealer doesn't make the same profit on the car? So it might be harder to negotiate a lease term?
Correct. X plan on a base GT Auto would get them about $800 in profit (I think) vs about $2,200.

A Ford dealer doesn't have Mustangs on the lot to make a massive amount of profit. Dealers make their money on F 150 s, focuses and fusions

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Correct. X plan on a base GT Auto would get them about $800 in profit (I think) vs about $2,200.

A Ford dealer doesn't have Mustangs on the lot to make a massive amount of profit. Dealers make their money on F 150 s, focuses and fusions
So in reality it's better to just not do x-plan. I'll have more negotiating power?
Sponsored