• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
X-Plan...
When I ordered my new convertible, the order form had an "x-'box in the upper right corner for the X-Plan. I mentioned I had an MCA PIN# and the salesperson marked the box. I didn't ask him if my rebate would be rejected, when I pick up the vehicle, if he hadn't marked the box.
So I assume it's better to be safe than sorry...make sure that you tell sales that you are planning on using an X-Plan rebate.
Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dealer told me that X Plan doesn't work on the new mustang...is it only participating dealers??
I qualify for X Plan and the sales manager at my dealership said no problem. I have a printed copy of my Vehicle Order Confirmation that indicates "Order Type: X" and has the X Plan pricing highlighted and initialed.

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I would think that asking about Their "X-Plan position" would be the first thing to do when one walks thru thru door.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I talked with EAA. They dont care much about the 60 day membership. They will give you the pin right away. Ford can check with them for status and check on the 60 days of membership.

Im confused, will this work then or not? My car went from processing to production today. I have to assume that car will be here in less than 60 days at this point. So what to do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
You will have to talk with the dealer. Generally you are supposed to disclose x-plan before ordering/whatever. I've gotten pissy attitudes after mentioning it after a test drive instead of walking in (presumably so I could be treated worse) because that dealer was shitty anyway.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You definitely want to disclose X-Plan prior to entering your order with a dealer. If you wait until after, you run the risk of them refusing and you either pay a higher amount, or you have to find a different dealer.

However, Rebates are different since the dealer isn't losing money with rebates. They get the money from Ford for the amount of the rebate, you just bring your rebate codes with you when you purchase the car.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
So is the doc fee and dealer fee the same thing? Or are they different?
Same thing. It is capped at $100 for X-plan customers. If the dealer does otherwise, report them to Ford!

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
X Plan is great...I signed up while at the dealer! They were awesome!! They coulda cared less. I said I was gonna signed up, I would come back tomorrow and the salesman said Here's my computer you can do it here...lol

mustang5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm all set to buy my 2015 GT Premium and went to a dealer today who previously confirmed he would participate in the X-plan. Did not go through with it though, and the reason is that after we built the car to the exact specifications I wanted, he seemed to be in a real rush to get me to part with a $500 deposit. Essentially, he asked me to make the deposit without signing any documentation (just one very unofficial looking document which did have correct overall cost but no indication of the model/options or the word X-plan). He did not even ask me for my X-plan pin.

Then when I asked for papers that indicated X-plan pricing, he gave some excuse about a guy not being present that day who could do the paperwork. So I left, saying I would return when all the paperwork was ready.

I think I've done the right thing, but now curious as to what exactly I should be expecting in terms of documents with the X-plan while placing an order?

Should the dealer provide the AXZD plan pricing agreement now at the time of order (this is a car to be built, not one in stock) ?

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I just signed off on the Order Confirmation and they ran my CC for $1000. X-Plan pricing/ retail order. I never did business with them before but there were no issues of trust on either side. X-Plan documents get signed off on at delivery. Most dealerships have inventory managers, I had to wait for him to build the car and email me the confirmation, I did mine completely through email. Retail orders do not take away the dealer allocations, they actually gain allocations from retail orders, it is a benefit to them, they have a guaranteed unit sold that they are not sitting on, it's not invoiced until it goes into production so they really are only acting as a delivery medium. They make a few bucks I get my car, everyone is happy.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Hey guys, so I'm all set to buy my 2015 GT Premium and went to a dealer today who previously confirmed he would participate in the X-plan. Did not go through with it though, and the reason is that after we built the car to the exact specifications I wanted, he seemed to be in a real rush to get me to part with a $500 deposit. Essentially, he asked me to make the deposit without signing any documentation (just one very unofficial looking document which did have correct overall cost but no indication of the model/options or the word X-plan). He did not even ask me for my X-plan pin.

Then when I asked for papers that indicated X-plan pricing, he gave some excuse about a guy not being present that day who could do the paperwork. So I left, saying I would return when all the paperwork was ready.

I think I've done the right thing, but now curious as to what exactly I should be expecting in terms of documents with the X-plan while placing an order?

Should the dealer provide the AXZD plan pricing agreement now at the time of order (this is a car to be built, not one in stock) ?
I just signed the order screen printout, with a notation that we were doing an invoice deal. You are not really buying anything until the car comes, so as long as you get a receipt for your deposit, you are pretty safe.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You don't need your X-Plan pin until you take delivery. I don't see anything nefarious with his request to sign what he did for the $500 deposit. All the official stuff comes at delivery. Just make sure on the document you sign, it says refundable or not so there's no ambiguity if you decide to by a stock car from someone else.

mustang5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks guys, so I'm hearing that nothing X-plan related is required at the time of placing an order, but the dealer should provide both :

1) An order confirmation print out that lists the car/option pricing totaling the same as what I would get with X-plan.

2) A receipt of some sort that says my $500 deposit is refundable (which is what the salesman said).

He was not going to provide me with either of these on saturday, the only document was actually a financing options sheet which did not even have the word "Mustang" on it, and no receipt whatsoever for the $500 deposit.

EDIT : This is my first time buying a car :) so thats why I have these silly questions

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Thanks guys, so I'm hearing that nothing X-plan related is required at the time of placing an order, but the dealer should provide both :

1) An order confirmation print out that lists the car/option pricing totaling the same as what I would get with X-plan.

2) A receipt of some sort that says my $500 deposit is refundable (which is what the salesman said).

He was not going to provide me with either of these on saturday, the only document was actually a financing options sheet which did not even have the word "Mustang" on it, and no receipt whatsoever for the $500 deposit.

EDIT : This is my first time buying a car :) so thats why I have these silly questions
Well, when I ordered my car a few weeks ago, the plan pricing was not yet available in the ordering system. I don't know if that's been populated yet.

As far as refundable deposits... there are pretty specific legal issues regarding NOT refunding a deposit. Generally they have to make you sign a contract that it isn't refundable, otherwise it is implied that it is. Doesn't mean you might not have to go to small claims with a shitty dealer, though I doubt they will provide you some sort of 'affirmative' refund policy documentation. No matter what, get a receipt for the deposit!
Sponsored