• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wireless Charger Problems?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Agree, it's the car. My phone charges wirelessly at home without heating up. In the car, it gets very hot and charges very slowly.
Likely it's the electrical draw from so many apps running as well as Android Auto or Apple Carplay along with charging that makes it run hotter than your charger at hope where the phone can idle and just charge.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Try a cable to see if it’s the charger or the phone?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Does the wireless charger make your phone really hot and barely charge your phone at all? Or is it just me?
Pay attention to your phone while it is on there. Does it constantly turn on as if the wireless charging is starting and stopping every few seconds?

I noticed mine doing that initially. I switched to a thinner phone case and haven't had any problems since then (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra). I think their charger just doesn't quite work well with all cases, even though my other wireless chargers had no problem with this same phone case.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Likely it's the electrical draw from so many apps running as well as Android Auto or Apple Carplay along with charging that makes it run hotter than your charger at hope where the phone can idle and just charge.
I don't think so. I can charge with a wire in the car with no issues. Even if I don't use Carplay or other apps, it still heats up just as bad on the car wireless charger. It really appears to be an issue with the way it works in the car. And to be sure, I use the same case in all charging scenarios. I've used an iphone 14 pro max and an iphone 15 pro max with the same results.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Nope, has nothing to do with it. It is just how the wireless charging on the Bronco and the Mustang is. The aftermarket upgrade/kit does not get hot and will charge the phone faster.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I don't think so. I can charge with a wire in the car with no issues. Even if I don't use Carplay or other apps, it still heats up just as bad on the car wireless charger. It really appears to be an issue with the way it works in the car. And to be sure, I use the same case in all charging scenarios. I've used an iphone 14 pro max and an iphone 15 pro max with the same results.
Nope, has nothing to do with it. It is just how the wireless charging on the Bronco and the Mustang is. The aftermarket upgrade/kit does not get hot and will charge the phone faster.
It was just a thought that there may be another cause for the phones getting so hot. Sounds like that's not the case after all. Great feedback and conversation, though. Thanks for the input and update! I'll be watching for this when I pick mine up from the dealer.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
It was just a thought that there may be another cause for the phones getting so hot. Sounds like that's not the case after all. Great feedback and conversation, though. Thanks for the input and update! I'll be watching for this when I pick mine up from the dealer.
Absolutely, and all ideas are appreciated. 😊 I'll be interested to hear if you have the same or different experience. If Ford can fix it somehow, that's great. I still love the car.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Wireless charging can be inefficient and produce heat. There probably isn't much airflow down in that area to keep the phone cool while charging.

Are yall charging with the AC on, or with the windows down?

Thoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Pay attention to your phone while it is on there. Does it constantly turn on as if the wireless charging is starting and stopping every few seconds?

I noticed mine doing that initially. I switched to a thinner phone case and haven't had any problems since then (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra). I think their charger just doesn't quite work well with all cases, even though my other wireless chargers had no problem with this same phone case.
I have been having the same issue. Glad it's not just me. I removed the rubber cover over the charger and it worked perfectly. I think they made it too thick. Regardless, I guess I will just remove my case each time so it can have the best connection. I like this case too much.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been having the same issue. Glad it's not just me. I removed the rubber cover over the charger and it worked perfectly. I think they made it too thick. Regardless, I guess I will just remove my case each time so it can have the best connection. I like this case too much.
For sure. Just depends on your charging and driving needs. I like how my phone can prop up right there against the wireless charger (not charging), so if I have plenty of charge I don't even bother.

I don't really ever plan to drive this car more than 1-3,000 miles per year at most, with only a few drives that might reach the 2 hour or more mark 🤷‍♂️

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes your phone hot though

It really does get hot …hope is doesn’t destroy the NFC reader like the BMWs are doing with its wireless chargers
I think you maybe replied to the wrong post of mine? I was talking about not using it much in that one.

But regardless, when I don't use a case with it, my phone doesn't get hot. It only does that when it's constantly starting and stopping the charging with a case on.

Remisnism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I have an iPhone and noticed the overheating and had the windows closed and the AC running. I also turned the phone off and put it upside down on the wireless charging mat and noted that it was still very warm. My thinking is that the heat is coming from the engine. I have an appointment with the dealership next week and this is one of the items that I am asking them to address.
Sponsored