• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Problems Already

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Quality. It's job #1. šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Car is in a detached garage so donā€™t think the key is too close, did check to make sure my wife didnā€™t leave hers in the car. Car is currently on my tender in repair mode so weā€™ll see if that does anything before my Wednesday appointment with the dealership. Side note they are apparently shipping with AGM batteries.

I also wondered if the modem gets poor service if the battery will drain faster as it tries to get a connection. Connected it to my home Wi-Fi as my garage gets terrible cell service to see if that does anything.

Going to let it sit on the charger until at least tonight or tomorrow morning then Iā€™ll go for a drive and see what happens. Worst case I have service scheduled

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Car is in a detached garage so donā€™t think the key is too close, did check to make sure my wife didnā€™t leave hers in the car. Car is currently on my tender in repair mode so weā€™ll see if that does anything before my Wednesday appointment with the dealership. Side note they are apparently shipping with AGM batteries.

I also wondered if the modem gets poor service if the battery will drain faster as it tries to get a connection. Connected it to my home Wi-Fi as my garage gets terrible cell service to see if that does anything.

Going to let it sit on the charger until at least tonight or tomorrow morning then Iā€™ll go for a drive and see what happens. Worst case I have service scheduled
Really? Are you sure they are not EFB? Ford don't use AGM batteries on any ICE cars, or at least they never have before.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I brought this problem of batteries going down in charge on another thread. Guess its just luck getting one without having a sulfite issue.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Unfortunately already having problems with my 24 GT. Got a message about low 12v charge state last week. Chocked it up to new battery sitting who knows how long and me mainly driving on short trips. Took it out for a long drive and put on a tender and all was well for a couple days. Drove it yesterday with now issues either. This morning I go to pull it out of the garage and itā€™s dead to the world. No lights left on or anything, keep them on auto.

I have it on the charger now and service is scheduled but pretty disappointing to say the least.
Wow, this is deja vu all over again.
Same issue when I took delivery of my 2019 Mustang. FORD, I hope you're paying attention to this thread. This is unacceptable.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Charger showed repair complete and it started right up. Plan on taking it out a few times tomorrow so weā€™ll see. I plan on taking it in regardless Wednesday to see what they say.

Gotta say, love having this little Noco battery jump pack. Had it for years and works great every time Iā€™ve used it.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Charger showed repair complete and it started right up. Plan on taking it out a few times tomorrow so weā€™ll see. I plan on taking it in regardless Wednesday to see what they say.

Gotta say, love having this little Noco battery jump pack. Had it for years and works great every time Iā€™ve used it.
I did the same thing. Charged the battery up, it showed repair complete. I drove around for a few hours. Made an appointment with Ford. They ran diagnostics on the car and couldn't find nothing. They said my battery was in good shape. I'm like "AHH YEAH" I just freakin Charged it. Waste of an appointment. Good luck!

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Dealership ended up replacing the battery. They said there was a week lead time on having a tech do other diagnostics so fingers crossed thatā€™s all it was.
Sponsored