• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Windshield Washer is Very Weak

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I've had my S650 for almost nine months now, and I'm wondering if there may be an issue with my windshield washer nozzles or pump. When I pull the lever for the fluid to squirt, it takes a second or two before any fluid comes out of the nozzles, and when it does it is very weak and only gets about halfway up the windshield. It's a minor annoyance, which is why I haven't worried with it, but I'm wondering if this is normal or if I may have a defective pump or clogged system. My S550 was good and my 2021 F-250 is good, so I expected similar performance from my new car. Anyone else notice anything subpar with windshield washer system?
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Must ... refrain ... from ... commenting ... inappropriately ... :cwl:

Seriously ... no issues with mine. Normal stream.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had my S650 for almost nine months now, and I'm wondering if there may be an issue with my windshield washer nozzles or pump. When I pull the lever for the fluid to squirt, it takes a second or two before any fluid comes out of the nozzles, and when it does it is very weak and only gets about halfway up the windshield. It's a minor annoyance, which is why I haven't worried with it, but I'm wondering if this is normal or if I may have a defective pump or clogged system. My S550 was good and my 2021 F-250 is good, so I expected similar performance from my new car. Anyone else notice anything subpar with windshield washer system?
Mine is pretty much the same way. The wipers start moving before the fluid is pumped out. Not a huge deal but it kinda smears stuff before it gets clean

porterhousestk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost & 2002 Mustang GT
Just here to confirm my experience has been the same. I usually have to pull the lever for a second or two but once it starts going the stream is normal. Same thing happened at the dealership with the car they had me test drive.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
Just here to confirm my experience has been the same. I usually have to pull the lever for a second or two but once it starts going the stream is normal. Same thing happened at the dealership with the car they had me test drive.
Same thing over here, though it doesnt bother me much

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You may have algal contamination in your washer bottle which can block the jets with time. Also only use the same washer fluid, never mix and match different brands as they can sometimes react together.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Thanks everyone for the replies. It sounds as though it is not uncommon. I agree it's not a huge issue, just a minor inconvenience. Since it seems to be normal for these cars I'll just live with it.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
You have a weak washer pump. It can be replaced.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Same.

dbroush7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Performance
Mine is the same, unfortunately. It didn't seem bad enough too warrant a trip to the dealer, but I was a bit surprised and how weak it was.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
You might also look for a pinched hose that might restrict flow. For the record, mine squirts strong once it gets past the second or two delay before fluid hits the windshield. My F150 is the same way.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I checked mine earlier and it took about 2 seconds to start dispensing but once it did, it was spraying up to about 6" down from the top edge of the windshield, so right where my tint brow runs, not sure if that's the same as you have OP.
Sponsored