• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will Tremec transmission be a deal breaker?

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
Just wondering if anyone will pass on the S650 if it still has the MT-82. I will only buy the new GT if it has the tremec. Am I the only one?
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
I have a Getrag and my life continues. It’s not the best transmission I’ve ever used but it is by no means a deal breaker for me. I also have a short throw shifter and transmission bushing insert that help a bit.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Now that my hopes of a Z06 are dashed, I'm seriously looking at S650. But I will pass on the getrag. Even if the gt doesn't get a tremec hopefully a hipo variant will.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
I don`t think the MT-82 is really the deal breaker for a lot of people buying manual. They usually just buy the MT-82 without knowing or caring about problems. Or they go with the auto.

People on car forums and small car communities are in the minority with being knowledgeable.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I don`t think the MT-82 is really the deal breaker for a lot of people buying manual. They usually just buy the MT-82 without knowing or caring about problems. Or they go with the auto.

People on car forums and small car communities are in the minority with being knowledgeable.
I disagree with this 100%. People buying manual cars these days are way more informed about the car they're buying than auto buyers. Main reason for this is that you actually have to look up what cars are still offered with a manual today.

To OP's question. While I'm setting my sights higher than the GT trim, if I was going for the GT, lack of a Tremec would most definitely be a deal breaker for me. MT-82, while probably ok for someone that never tracks their car, is too fragile for the road course and drag strip work I intend on doing with the car.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
I disagree with this 100%. People buying manual cars these days are way more informed about the car they're buying than auto buyers. Main reason for this is that you actually have to look up what cars are still offered with a manual today.

To OP's question. While I'm setting my sights higher than the GT trim, if I was going for the GT, lack of a Tremec would most definitely be a deal breaker for me. MT-82, while probably ok for someone that never tracks their car, is too fragile for the road course and drag strip work I intend on doing with the car.
Yea we can just disagree on this subject.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd

just curious, have you ever broken a MT-82 on a track?