• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will Ford drop the HPP from the Ecoboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
I think it gets dropped for the S650, as I'm sure the take rate on the option has to be pretty low. I think I've seen all of two since it's been available. I've never really been a fan of the idea either, as they decided to split up the old Performance Package into the engine and handling stuff, and what was once I think a $2k option now turns into over $8k if you want it all. At that point why not just get a 5.0?

That's my thoughts on it, what does everyone else think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I think it gets dropped for the S650, as I'm sure the take rate on the option has to be pretty low. I think I've seen all of two since it's been available. I've never really been a fan of the idea either, as they decided to split up the old Performance Package into the engine and handling stuff, and what was once I think a $2k option now turns into over $8k if you want it all. At that point why not just get a 5.0?

We'll get back to you in two weeks. :giggle::like:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
They'll keep it because it's a HUGE profit center from people who can't do a cost vs benefit analysis.

What I do hope is that ALL EB trims get the 4-pot and vented rear rotors like the GT and EB/PP do. Now that Ford Engineering finally after 6 years pulled their head out of their ass and put correctly vented front rotors on the cars.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They'll keep it because it's a HUGE profit center from people who can't do a cost vs benefit analysis.

What I do hope is that ALL EB trims get the 4-pot and vented rear rotors like the GT and EB/PP do. Now that Ford Engineering finally after 6 years pulled their head out of their ass and put correctly vented front rotors on the cars.
Yeah if they sold any of them, and that’s the issue the HPP hasn’t sold for crap. So i doubt it’s going to stick around

OP
OP
Zambonicassoni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a

I'm sure it makes some okay money. What I never figured out was if the HPP engine they used were ones they had left over from the RS, or if they just added the stuff to an EB 2.3 to get it there. With the RS gone, they probably aren't producing those parts, so would it slow to a trickle and stop anyways? If they went back to the simple Performance Package they had from 15-19, I'd consider it as an option, but it's hard to swallow the steep cost of both packages right now, and that has to factor in to a low volume of sales.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost HPP manual transmission

I have a 22 HPP car, the package was around $6,500 not $8K. Considering all the equipment that comes with the package I thought it was a deal. Sure I could have bought a stripped down GT for around the same price but I am not interested in owning a GT.
Tom

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS (sold)
I read recently, I don't remember where, that Ford said the HPP was meeting sales expectations.

The High Performance Pack is $6150.

The optional Handling Pack that can be added to the HPP is $1995. It adds magnaride, 6 piston Brembos in the front w/larger front rotor, a Torsen LSD and wider 19x9.5" wheels.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
Will people want to spend the money on the HPP package and be happy with the A10? I took an auto because it suited my cruiser intentions for the car. If I was looking at a coupe with performance in mind I’d be wanting a stick.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Will people want to spend the money on the HPP package and be happy with the A10? I took an auto because it suited my cruiser intentions for the car. If I was looking at a coupe with performance in mind I’d be wanting a stick.
I believe they will as the A10 will outperform the M6. The row your own crew will tell you that the experience is worth a few tenths. That certainly may be true but it hasn’t stopped folks from buying PP, A10, GT’s.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ford said this morning HPP is coming back but considering all the changes to the base engine what the HPP will look like nobody knows

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I believe they will as the A10 will outperform the M6. The row your own crew will tell you that the experience is worth a few tenths. That certainly may be true but it hasn’t stopped folks from buying PP, A10, GT’s.
And A10 Mach 1s...
Sponsored