• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will Ford do anything special for the 60th anniversary?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We all know Ford loves celebrating milestones of their iconic products. Releasing a new mustang for the 50th anniversary and making a new gt supercar for the 50th anniversary of their historic Le mans win are just a few examples.

I wonder if Ford is planning to reveal anything special, or unique for the 60th anniversary. If they aren't, it does strike me as odd that they revealed the GTD a while back when that would have been the perfect car to reveal in April. Maybe a new gt 500 teaser or something, who really knows, but it's fun to speculate.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
64.5 would be special but that wouldn’t be for another 5.0?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
We all know Ford loves celebrating milestones of their iconic products. Releasing a new mustang for the 50th anniversary and making a new gt supercar for the 50th anniversary of their historic Le mans win are just a few examples.

I wonder if Ford is planning to reveal anything special, or unique for the 60th anniversary. If they aren't, it does strike me as odd that they revealed the GTD a while back when that would have been the perfect car to reveal in April. Maybe a new gt 500 teaser or something, who really knows, but it's fun to speculate.
We'll most certainly get yet another average 'special anniversary' edition with 'limited' badges and stuff... The Ford Mustang GT 60th anniversary edition will most likely get/introduce a special paint as well. However, I wouldn't expect any substantial upgrades for the GT/Ecoboost/DH. We might get some 'software' upgrades like old school gauge clusters und such...

At this point I doubt that Ford will put any substantial amounts of money or ressources into the S650. They haven't so far, the car is only selling decently and I don't see any hypetrain around the corner... Besides, I have a feeling that the old platform (based on D2C) limits what can and cannot be done in terms of upgrades.

What would be fun to speculate about are the following somewhat possible options:
- DH convertible (one was already produced so why not offer a convertible to the public?!)
- 60th anniversary driving experience where one can drive old and new Mustangs
- hints/infos on the GT500 successor
- a convertible speedster GT would be nice although I don't know what that would have in common with the 60th anniversary....

OP
OP
DeluxeStang

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We'll most certainly get yet another average 'special anniversary' edition with 'limited' badges and stuff... The Ford Mustang GT 60th anniversary edition will most likely get/introduce a special paint as well. However, I wouldn't expect any substantial upgrades for the GT/Ecoboost/DH. We might get some 'software' upgrades like old school gauge clusters und such...

At this point I doubt that Ford will put any substantial amounts of money or ressources into the S650. They haven't so far, the car is only selling decently and I don't see any hypetrain around the corner... Besides, I have a feeling that the old platform (based on D2C) limits what can and cannot be done in terms of upgrades.

What would be fun to speculate about are the following somewhat possible options:
- DH convertible (one was already produced so why not offer a convertible to the public?!)
- 60th anniversary driving experience where one can drive old and new Mustangs
- hints/infos on the GT500 successor
- a convertible speedster GT would be nice although I don't know what that would have in common with the 60th anniversary....
Ford did say there would also be an all new, as of yet unseen EV demonstrator that they would be taking to pikes peak this year to try and set a new record. Maybe, just maybe, that's something mustang based, we'll have to see.
They could pull some cheap move, a sticker package or something else lame, but fingers crossed.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
All electric Light Horse or E Horse?
Maybe something like the E Ray?

most likely badges and trim …

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Downloadable content (DLC) for previous generations gauges would be neat.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Maybe real carbon fiber option for the interior instead of cheap plastic disguised as bad looking carbon fiber.... ;)

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways, 50th wh
In past decades, Ford would provide an "Anniversary" package for their Mustangs. The Mustang Anniversary is April 17, 2024.

Anyone heard anything from Ford about any Anniversary Mustangs??

I know the Mustang Club of America, which I am a member, is hosting special events in April to mark the Anniversary.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’m not, 60th is NBD ..50TH which IS, got some bespoke badges and trim..

Ford just doesn’t have time to care about little stuff like that right now.
100th year sure… do another fancy package.
If owners want to do a special event or gathering for Woodward mustang alley this year I could see that… an actual event, car show… not a trim package

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
They need to worry about quality right now. This is my first mustang... my dream car since I was 16. And it is the worst quality car I've ever owned. It's been in for 3 warranty repairs in 3 months, and I've been without it now since before Christmas fixing multiple leaks, one which absolutely soaked the entire drivers side carpet to the point where there were almost pools of water.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I owned a 55 years anniversary edition and even though it didn't have any major differences, the many small details made it special to me

- 55 years black stripes on the hood and side skirts
- Black roof which could be also ordered optionally
- All badges were kept in black which I really liked
- Carbon fibre dashboard and Alcantara materials
- Different set of rims which were also used for the 50th anniversary

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
They need to worry about quality right now. This is my first mustang... my dream car since I was 16. And it is the worst quality car I've ever owned. It's been in for 3 warranty repairs in 3 months, and I've been without it now since before Christmas fixing multiple leaks, one which absolutely soaked the entire drivers side carpet to the point where there were almost pools of water.
I agree. Now the holes in the front wheel lining that they don’t even admit to. Some people have always said never buy the first edition. In this statement wait for the 2025, maybe they will have the bugs fixed Maybe.
Sponsored