• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will the Ford add on keyless entry pad work on the 24?

branflake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
Hi all, First mustang but lifelong Ford driver. Every car I've ever had has had the keyless entry keypad, going all the way back to 1992. My convertible GT doesnt have one, and given the current "invisible glass" in the B pillar i understand why. I know ford makes the "add on" sticky back keypad, but my dealer says he didnt think it would work on the 24 "because of all the tech". Thoughts?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hi all, First mustang but lifelong Ford driver. Every car I've ever had has had the keyless entry keypad, going all the way back to 1992. My convertible GT doesnt have one, and given the current "invisible glass" in the B pillar i understand why. I know ford makes the "add on" sticky back keypad, but my dealer says he didnt think it would work on the 24 "because of all the tech". Thoughts?
No it will not because you do not need it. You have a lock and unlock feature on your door handle. Pages 82/83 in your owner’s manual.

S650 Mustang Will the Ford add on keyless entry pad work on the 24? IMG_3731

S650 Mustang Will the Ford add on keyless entry pad work on the 24? IMG_3732

OP
OP
branflake

branflake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, but that isnt same. I prefer to lock my keys inside the car and no have to carry them. the keypad allows you to do this.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks, but that isnt same. I prefer to lock my keys inside the car and no have to carry them. the keypad allows you to do this.
Understood. Reach out to Bennie at Levittown Ford and see if this work. It shows it does on a 22’ but not a 23’.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/kb3z-14a626-a.html

Bennie is a sponsor on M6G.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/levittownfordparts-com.164/

EDIT: Found this from 2020.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/why-doesnt-the-mustang-have-keypad-code-entry.122438/page-9

OP
OP
branflake

branflake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, i am going to try enrolling my phone as key in ford pass. my other vehicles have ford pass but ive never had one that can do phone as key, i didnt know it was a thing so i didnt look for it. Glad i found this place.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Doesn't the Ford app allow you to do this?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My car is at the dealer so I can’t check this but with my Charger I can put my key in the trunk, lock the door with the Dodge app and I cannot open the doors. I have to use my other key or the Dodge app to unlock it

OP
OP
branflake

branflake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if someone smashed the window, they now have your key and can drive away?
Sure, this is possible but not like i leave it on the dash. Door pocket. But, im pretty sure if its forced open itll at least alarm if not disable start. Been doing this every day since 1992 and not had an issue.
Sponsored