• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
@LethalPerformance So if the GT kit is 800HP what's the word on the DH kit HP & when will it be available? Will this have to be installed by a Ford dealer to maintain a warranty? Anyone know what the general cost of a quality install would be?
Darkhorse kits from Whipple should be released around the same time the GT kits are. From some preliminary dyno testing I've heard about the DH makes about 30rwhp over the GT with the same pulley.

As far as warranty goes I believe it will follow the same guidelines as their other supercharger kit warranties where it would need to be installed by an ASE certified tech or Ford dealer. However until the official release of the Ford Performance kit goes I can't confirm. We will definitely find out soon though.

Regarding install I'm unsure of the cost as we aren't a shop that does installs. I would think it would cost the same as the Gen3 kit does for install but I'm not familiar with what shops quote for hourly labor rates or how long Whipple/Ford Performance believes the kit will take to install. I'll ask around and report back.

Thanks!
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bird has landed!!!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the Whipple kit void our warranty or does it just depend who installs it?
I know that the Ford Performance kits will come with a powertrain warranty like their other kits have. The kit needs to be installed by an ASE certified tech or Ford Dealer for the warranty to go into effect.

The kit directly from Whipple we still don't have finalized pricing or warranty info on it yet but should have that info shortly.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Stage 2 System is here! 🙌🙌

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 IMG_9797

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today at 3PM on the @teamlethal Instagram page I'll be LIVE with Dustin Whipple of Whipple Superchargers to discuss their new 2024 Mustang kit. We've got our kit here on the display table all laid out so we will go over all of the components and dive into the tuning and performance of their new kit.

Come join us!
S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 whipple live ad 2

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are we talking pricing for Black Friday/cyber Monday or will this be after seasonal promotions?
We believe these will be part of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale but are still waiting on Whipple to confirm. As soon as we know for sure we'll make sure to post details of the sale for everyone.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What an excellent conversation, answered a lot of speculation and people’s questions.

very thorough!
Glad you enjoyed it. We published it on Youtube for anyone who missed it but would like to watch it.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT and Darkhorse owners. It’s almost time!
S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 IMG_9938

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Glad you enjoyed it. We published it on Youtube for anyone who missed it but would like to watch it.
I noticed they said the flash tool will adjust to different tires sizes and gear ratios. Do you know by chance if exhaust mods will be compatible with this or if it would throw things off?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
@LethalPerformance is it true the Whipple Stage 2 kit will raise the redline to 7800RPM, and if so, does/will the redline on the dash change to reflect this?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed they said the flash tool will adjust to different tires sizes and gear ratios. Do you know by chance if exhaust mods will be compatible with this or if it would throw things off?
The calibration for these kits are based on having the stock exhaust. Upgrades such as a resonator delete or axleback/catback don't have any effect on the calibration. Talking headers there are no adjustments allowed with the device or made by Whipple for them. The only issue you'll get when running headers is a check engine light unless you're running Gesi/Green cats. However the car will still function normally with that light on.

Hope that helps.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
@LethalPerformance is it true the Whipple Stage 2 kit will raise the redline to 7800RPM, and if so, does/will the redline on the dash change to reflect this?
I'd like to know this as well, though I'm not overly optimistic since Ford themselves can't even be bothered to program the correct redline for manual trans cars...
Sponsored