• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Whipple has had access for a while now. Very close associate of mine has been doing installs for Whipple on the 24' for testing in Detroit.
He could make a lot of money leaking that code to a 3rd party lmao
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Whipple…WYA???

Please tell me that 1000 kit is about to release.
The s550 guys are dunking on us over here.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
How much more will the Whipple charge for the Supercharger once they've hooked up with Ford's permission for the Dark Horse locked PCM changes? Sticky issues?

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
How much more will the Whipple charge for the Supercharger once they've hooked up with Ford's permission for the Dark Horse locked PCM changes? Sticky issues?

The pricing has not finalized yet, but we estimate it should go up a few hundred dollars over the S550 equivalent kits. The tuning is finalized already, but we're waiting on the completion of the intake tubes and other smaller items.

We're extremely excited about these kits and can't wait to get one on our car. Let us know if we can help out at all.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
The pricing has not finalized yet, but we estimate it should go up a few hundred dollars over the S550 equivalent kits. The tuning is finalized already, but we're waiting on the completion of the intake tubes and other smaller items.

We're extremely excited about these kits and can't wait to get one on our car. Let us know if we can help out at all.
How much for one on my Dark Horse? Can't wait...

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
I saw on another thread that the Whipple kit for the 650 is out and about, but not yet for sale. On the picture of the installed kit, however, I noticed the cross brace is not there anymore. Does the Whipple kit (or any SC kit for that matter) require permanent removal? If so, will the kit offer a modified replacement brace or is it lost for good on a whipped up 650?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
I saw on another thread that the Whipple kit for the 650 is out and about, but not yet for sale. On the picture of the installed kit, however, I noticed the cross brace is not there anymore. Does the Whipple kit (or any SC kit for that matter) require permanent removal? If so, will the kit offer a modified replacement brace or is it lost for good on a whipped up 650?
You'll need to remove the brace as part of the Whipple install. Most other kits that come out I believe will require that as well due to the height of the blower. I'm not sure if any options will come out to add a brace later. Personally I don't see anyway to make it work but only time will tell.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
You'll need to remove the brace as part of the Whipple install. Most other kits that come out I believe will require that as well due to the height of the blower. I'm not sure if any options will come out to add a brace later. Personally I don't see anyway to make it work but only time will tell.
Is that "Add to Cart" button dropping soon?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Hopefully. Just waiting on the text from Dustin that says "Lets GOOOO!!".
Do you think it's a bad idea to supercharge a convertible? I was wondering if I should get a roll cage first to firm things up or avoid it all together and stick with basic bolt ons.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you think it's a bad idea to supercharge a convertible? I was wondering if I should get a roll cage first to firm things up or avoid it all together and stick with basic bolt ons.
Not a bad idea at all. The car will drive just like stock until you mash the pedal. We have tons of customers over the years with convertible running Whipple's with great success. I really don't think a roll cage is necessary unless you plan on taking it to the track to race.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So I'm going to be having mine installed at a shop, do I need to buy through you guys first, or like can the shop order directly from Whipple?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I'm going to be having mine installed at a shop, do I need to buy through you guys first, or like can the shop order directly from Whipple?
You don't necessarily need to order it from us however we are Whipple's largest US distributor which has it's benefits. Not only with pricing but customer service as well. I speak with Dustin on a daily basis and Whipple has been like family to me since we setup with them back in 2005. We know the products better than most. If the shop you're dealing with isn't a direct distributor for them or isn't at the pricing level we're at then the deal most likely won't be as good as what we're going to offer. If you have any other questions in the meantime please let me know.

Thanks!
Sponsored