• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Will kits be available?
Or is it like pre order wait 12 weeks type of deal?
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Not a bad idea at all. The car will drive just like stock until you mash the pedal.
Do you think the super charger would increase the power down low south of 3,500 rpm where we do most of our driving? From the dyno graphs I have seen on the S550 it looks like the power jumps up pretty quick over stock. My car is the heaviest model and has the 3.55 gear instead of the 3.73 so I'm looking for ways to make significant gains down low as well.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
How much does it cost to have the Whipple installed? Are there other required mods to go along with the supercharger?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
How are customers uploading the tune to the car after install? Is it any different with the new ECU?
Whipple will most likely be including their newest version of their Tomahawk flash device which will allow you to flash the Whipple cal onto the vehicle without any issues.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much does it cost to have the Whipple installed? Are there other required mods to go along with the supercharger?
I'm not really sure on the install cost as we don't do installations here. That's something a shop would be best to answer. As far as supporting mods go there's really nothing needed other than the complete kit. Now if you decide to turn things up a bit when custom tuning becomes available I can see a clutch as well as other supporting mods like halfshafts, driveshaft and suspension being something many will look into. However for most that just want to have the added power and benefits of the Whipple the kit itself will be plenty for most people.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do we know if the flash device it comes with works with other mods say if I just wanted run Kooks long tube headers or something? Not sure if it is even necessary to factor in something like that in a tune.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do we know if the flash device it comes with works with other mods say if I just wanted run Kooks long tube headers or something? Not sure if it is even necessary to factor in something like that in a tune.
The Whipple calibration won’t be modified for other mods as well as ones which aren’t emmissions compliant. With that said I ran a Whipple cal on my 21 F150 with the 3.0l that also ran long tubes. The truck ran great but did have a code for the 02 sensors. I raced it like that and had zero issues.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the Whipple kit void our warranty or does it just depend who installs it?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our kit is being assembled today and should ship to us early next week. Once we receive it we’ll film the unboxing if it and go over a bunch of details of the kit.
S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 IMG_8861

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Really excited to see how capable these kit are.
Any updates on tuning??
I think trans tuning is really needed for drag mode, my car short shift in the first 3 gears.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really excited to see how capable these kit are.
Any updates on tuning??
I think trans tuning is really needed for drag mode, my car short shift in the first 3 gears.
The full details on tuning are still being finished up, however Whipple's supplied Tomahawk Device will come with full calibration, which will improve the car all around, especially with shifting points, throttle responsiveness, and of course calibrating the car for the boost.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our kit arrives tomorrow!! Stay tuned for a unboxing video followed by the install, dyno, street and track content! Whipple the World!!!

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
@LethalPerformance So if the GT kit is 800HP what's the word on the DH kit HP & when will it be available? Will this have to be installed by a Ford dealer to maintain a warranty? Anyone know what the general cost of a quality install would be?
Sponsored