• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Can you share any metrics yet??

what rwhp did you guys see??
What did the new car run? Before after ETs?

I have a 10r car and really want to run in the 9.6 range …. Can the stage 2 kit pull that off?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Can you share any metrics yet??

what rwhp did you guys see??
What did the new car run? Before after ETs?

I have a 10r car and really want to run in the 9.6 range …. Can the stage 2 kit pull that off?
We haven't been to the dyno or track yet. Just finished editing the footage of part 1 of the install as well as some rips on the street in Mexico. We'll be at the dyno shortly and will follow up with track footage if it ever stops raining down here.

As far as running 9.60's with an out of the box stage 2 complete kit I'm not going to say it can't be done but in my opinion it's either going to need some solid weight reduction and/or some more boost. Do I think a high 9 out of the box on a 10R80 car is possible? Yes. Much more realistic than 9.60's which is a pretty considerable difference from just popping into the 9's.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Guys, Happy Monday!
Today, Jared and Joe head back down to Lujan Motorsports in Miami, FL for the finishing of the first round of mods for our 2024 Ford Mustang GT Build; now adding on the Mcleod RXT Clutch, MGW X-Spec Shifter, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers, and QA1 Carbon Fiber Driveshaft.

Stay tuned for the rips and dyno results coming soon!

Check out the video below!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The dyno results are in....for now!It's what you have all been waiting for (some more patiently than others...)! We put our Whipple Supercharged Mustang GT on the dyno over at Palm Beach Dyno to see what numbers it would make... and it did NOT disappoint!This is a 6-speed 2024 Mustang GT using the Whipple calibration on 93 octane. We installed a Stage 2 Whipple Supercharger kit with the Gen 6 3.0L supercharger and are using the 3.75" pulley, which is what comes standard in the kit. We also have a set of Kooks longtube headers, a Corsa HH-pipe, an RXT clutch and a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft.We did run into an issue of hitting a limiter at 7100rpm which is set by Ford on all manual transmission 2024 Mustangs (including the Dark Horse) so we didn't get a full RPM run. This same issue happened with our stock baseline runs. We did do a full pull in 3rd gear, which did not hit a limiter, and it made 781rwhp! On average, the 4th gear numbers were about 20-30hp more than 3rd gear so we wonder if fixing the limiter will present us with an 800+rwhp number. Remember this is on the stock Whipple calibration, stock 3.75" pulley and 93 octane!But Whipple is working on a limiter fix! However the numbers so far are more than promising and you would not be hitting 7100rpm in 4th gear while going down the track in this setup.... which means it's time to hit the drag strip!Stay tuned for Part 2 where we'll [hopefully] have a fix for the limiter issue AND we'll test out some smaller pulley sizes and a little ethanol to see what kind of gains we can squeak out of this setup. #whippletheworld

James Dowmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.o 6sp
Ford said the rods were bending around 500 h.p. so they used the gt350 rods in the Dark Horse. Now they're going to throw 200 or more h.p. on the bendy rods?
*What components like rods, axels, clutch etc does " Ford Performance and Ford OEM recommend with FP800S kit ". I plan one trading my 550 if I can order a 650 with FP800S whipple 3 yr 36 warrenty. How can they warrenty if rods and axels, and clutch is not upgraded ?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*What components like rods, axels, clutch etc does " Ford Performance and Ford OEM recommend with FP800S kit ". I plan one trading my 550 if I can order a 650 with FP800S whipple 3 yr 36 warrenty. How can they warrenty if rods and axels, and clutch is not upgraded ?
It will most likely be a limited warranty similar to their other supercharger kit warranties. You can read more about it here.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

As far as upgrades go when putting on a kit like this it will vary depending on whether it's a manual or auto as well as what type of driving you plan on doing with the car.

For auto cars I personally think the only must have upgrades would be some halfshafts and some suspension parts to help prevent wheel hop. The Steeda stop the hop starter kit or the BMR biscuits and gravy kit would do great for that. As we know axles are prone to breaking from wheel hop. All it takes is for a little hop during take off or a 1-2 shift with sticky tires on it and there goes an axle. So the combo of the suspension and an upgraded axle would be my recommendation.

For manual cars I'd say the same as above with axles and some suspension mods. Then a clutch depending on how aggressive you'll be driving the car. We really don't know the limits of the stock clutch but I'm sure it wasn't designed to handle double the HP the car makes from the factory. For us since we have full intentions from the beginning of the build to drag race the car at the strip a clutch was something we wanted to address right away. No sense in building a car with double the HP output to take it to the track and have the stock clutch slip. So it's a preventative mod we chose to do right off the bat.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I went ahead and ordered the Stage 2 Whipple just now!!!! Totally excited!! Hopefully ships soon as I will be doing the install as it looks very straightforward. I went back and forth between the Whipple and the ProCharger. Once i saw the dyno results for the whipple and the very solid lineal curve I was sold on the Whipple. Hope I'm right!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i just saw on Lethal Performance's new video that with the rev limit fixed tune, and using 93 octane with 16oz of VP Octanium Unleaded (basically equal to 95 octane) it made up to 807hp/635ft-lbs at the wheel with a 3.75" pulley and up to 833hp/661ft-lbs at the wheel with a 3.625" pulley, both in 4th gear which is 1:1. they showed temps were around 78 degrees F and mid-60% humidity.

a side note, there was no mention of speed limiter issues and their spec car should be hitting ~170mph in the 1:1 gear at the new 7800rpm redline, which is higher than the GT speed limiter (155mph) and DH speed limiter (168mph). could Whipple have removed the speed limiter? @LethalPerformance did they remove the speed limiter in the tune?

also, while i've got you guys here, if the tune didn't activate the boost gauge feature, here's how you can activate it with FORScan. go into the IPC as-built data and change these values:
720-06-01xx*xxxxxxx--
change the value of the * to "F" and leave the "x"s alone - this adds the vacuum/boost gauge

720-06-02x*xxxx--
the value of the * should be "C", go ahead and change that to "4" - this removes the vacuum only gauge

720-11-01xxx*xxxxxx--
the value of the * should be "5", go ahead and change that to "6" - this does nothing for the boost gauge, but instead changes the speedometer from 160mph max to 180mph max. sadly, there is no 7800rpm redline tachometer (yet), only 6500 and 7500, and the performance shift indicator won't display the notch higher than 7500 even if you set the max rpm to over that

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just saw on Lethal Performance's new video that with the rev limit fixed tune, and using 93 octane with 16oz of VP Octanium Unleaded (basically equal to 95 octane) it made up to 807hp/635ft-lbs at the wheel with a 3.75" pulley and up to 833hp/661ft-lbs at the wheel with a 3.625" pulley, both in 4th gear which is 1:1. they showed temps were around 78 degrees F and mid-60% humidity.

a side note, there was no mention of speed limiter issues and their spec car should be hitting ~170mph in the 1:1 gear at the new 7800rpm redline, which is higher than the GT speed limiter (155mph) and DH speed limiter (168mph). could Whipple have removed the speed limiter? @LethalPerformance did they remove the speed limiter in the tune?

also, while i've got you guys here, if the tune didn't activate the boost gauge feature, here's how you can activate it with FORScan. go into the IPC as-built data and change these values:
720-06-01xx*xxxxxxx--
change the value of the * to "F" and leave the "x"s alone - this adds the vacuum/boost gauge

720-06-02x*xxxx--
the value of the * should be "C", go ahead and change that to "4" - this removes the vacuum only gauge

720-11-01xxx*xxxxxx--
the value of the * should be "5", go ahead and change that to "6" - this does nothing for the boost gauge, but instead changes the speedometer from 160mph max to 180mph max. sadly, there is no 7800rpm redline tachometer (yet), only 6500 and 7500, and the performance shift indicator won't display the notch higher than 7500 even if you set the max rpm to over that
Thanks for the info on the dash changes. I'm going to see if Whipple is able to have these changes made when their cal is flashed onto the car. Would be awesome for those who are getting their kits to display boost on the digital dash.

Thanks again!!!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Thanks for the info on the dash changes. I'm going to see if Whipple is able to have these changes made when their cal is flashed onto the car. Would be awesome for those who are getting their kits to display boost on the digital dash.

Thanks again!!!
if you contact Whipple, ask them to ask Ford when they are going to make the 220mph speedometer work properly. it's in there but just broken. it breaks when you set it to km/h and the needle acts like a 140mph speedometer. you would change that one part of 720-11-01 to 7 instead of 6 to get it

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And another one!! This time it's Igor's 2024 Dark Horse 10 speed. 93 octane and no other modifications to the car other than the Whipple Stage 2 upgrade.

Aggie1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 PREM GT
So my question is, if the Dark Horse can take this kind of power stock, what sort of upgrades to the drive train are needed for a GT to be able to handle this bad boy?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my question is, if the Dark Horse can take this kind of power stock, what sort of upgrades to the drive train are needed for a GT to be able to handle this bad boy?
These systems are designed to bolt on and work on a car as it came from the factory. As with modding anything depending on how you intend to use it you may want to do some other upgrades such as a clutch if it's a manual, axles and suspension.

Since we intend on drag racing our blue manual car we did just that. Mcleod clutch, Gforce Axles, QA1 driveshaft, Steeda suspension and a few other mods to help support the power we're making and the type of driving we'll be doing with the car.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Sponsored