• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whining noise from engine

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
I can hear it in my garage, in park and it does sound like it's from the transmission
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Glad I saw this thread as I just noticed this noise today. The car only has 400 miles on it but it's the first day when it was warm enough to have the windows opened.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

MustangNoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I hear a whine noise , especially when the car is parked in a closed space and when it is at low RPM. I have the car for 2 days now GT 2024.
Listen to the attached audio...

Is this issue related to the:
"SSM 51939 2017-2023 Various Vehicles – 10R60/10R80/10R80 MHT/10R100 Transmissions – Whine Noise From Bellhousing/Front Of Fluid Pan At Idle And/Or While Driving" .

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I hear a whine noise , especially when the car is parked in a closed space and when it is at low RPM. I have the car for 2 days now GT 2024.

"SSM 51939 2017-2023 Various Vehicles – 10R60/10R80/10R80 MHT/10R100 Transmissions – Whine Noise From Bellhousing/Front Of Fluid Pan At Idle And/Or While Driving" .

How much boost that thing running, sounds about like around 480hp. From what I can hear its got a little tad of that racecar whine when said car includes mufflers for the street.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Dave_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse (HP)
Just joining the party! I'm getting a really bad whine from the engine. Initially thought it was the trans pump. The dealer took a look and said he thinks it's something on the engine. I've had a new alternator fitted to try and solve it but it hasn't changed. It's getting progressively worse. I would say it's almost unbearable when driving now. Annoying as hell. They don't know what to try next.

I've attached 4 short videos taken yesterday. The noise is constant as you can see. I'm deliberately holding the revs and downshifting here to capture it on video obviously but it's always there.

It's also there when revving in neutral.

Any thoughts? Is this what everyone else is calling the A10 whine? Surely this can't be considered normal? Everyone who gets in the car asks what it is...

Please excuse the horrible dirty screen. The camera picked that up for some reason.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Just joining the party! I'm getting a really bad whine from the engine. Initially thought it was the trans pump. The dealer took a look and said he thinks it's something on the engine. I've had a new alternator fitted to try and solve it but it hasn't changed. It's getting progressively worse. I would say it's almost unbearable when driving now. Annoying as hell. They don't know what to try next.

I've attached 4 short videos taken yesterday. The noise is constant as you can see. I'm deliberately holding the revs and downshifting here to capture it on video obviously but it's always there.

It's also there when revving in neutral.

Any thoughts? Is this what everyone else is calling the A10 whine? Surely this can't be considered normal? Everyone who gets in the car asks what it is...

Please excuse the horrible dirty screen. The camera picked that up for some reason.

Hi there! I can look into your Mustang's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mustang's VIN?
Sponsored