• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What Color Will Your S650 Be?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Again, let me know what you find out. I left a msg for the sales mgr That was supposed to call me back the other day

So I finally got to the bottom of why the dealer kept claiming the order was submitted and Ford couldn't find it. You were correct, the order code had changed so it wasn't the same as the one on my build sheet. When I called Ford with the updated code they found the order and recited back to me what was on the order. As I didn't receive the initial email from Ford, they asked me to check with the dealer if the email was correct as they were, unbelievably unable to check that but I will say I'm impressed with the Ford customer service on the hotline number. They are very professional and interesting to talk with. So another email to the salesman to check if they submitted it correctly. We shall see. How is your nightmare going?
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
So I finally got to the bottom of why the dealer kept claiming the order was submitted and Ford couldn't find it. You were correct, the order code had changed so it wasn't the same as the one on my build sheet. When I called Ford with the updated code they found the order and recited back to me what was on the order. As I didn't receive the initial email from Ford, they asked me to check with the dealer if the email was correct as they were, unbelievably unable to check that but I will say I'm impressed with the Ford customer service on the hotline number. They are very professional and interesting to talk with. So another email to the salesman to check if they submitted it correctly. We shall see. How is your nightmare going?
Well, you should have gotten the e-mail once they Re submitted it. But at least talking to them, you now know they at least got it. did it set you back like it did me?
How many numbers was your code number off? They need to start double checking this stuff before sending it off

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Well, you should have gotten the e-mail once they Re submitted it. But at least talking to them, you now know they at least got it. did it set you back like it did me?
How many numbers was your code number off? They need to start double checking this stuff before sending it off
I don't think it set me back any time because it was submitted when I ordered it. The order code was completely different than he one on the build sheet. Not even close. Maybe I'll try the chat and see if they can check the email. Let me know how you make out with your nightmare.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it set me back any time because it was submitted when I ordered it. The order code was completely different than he one on the build sheet. Not even close. Maybe I'll try the chat and see if they can check the email. Let me know how you make out with your nightmare.
Well, they never told me itset me back until the other day when I was talking to the one lady at ford. She said I see you ordered it July 31, I said no I ordered it June 7 and they screwed up and put the wrong code. So theyā€™re showing July 31
You just need to ask them what itā€™s showing for the date that you ordered it. Maybe, You got lucky and I didnā€™t

Last edited:

Speed Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Rapid red for us :thumbsup: I saw a 2024 convertible at the dealer and it looks marvelous in person. We have the fastback ordered.

Keeping hopes on the low as it's scheduled after the UAW contract expires. So could get delays until they come back.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
yellow splash metallic blk interior np package eco boost prem !! went into production 3 days ago!! not sure if i should get excited yet may take months im guessing

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Ordered today, 201A Ecoboost with HPP and MagneRide. Grabber Blue Metallic with Space Gray Interior.

Will be joining my 2022 S550 401A Eruption Green. Wife had a choice between a 2023 401A GT or 2024 201A Ecoboost spec above and chose the 2024.

Last edited:

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
yellow splash metallic blk interior np package eco boost prem !! went into production 3 days ago!! not sure if i should get excited yet may take months im guessing
We almost chose that same package! Can you tell me how long it took between your initial order received email and the production notification? Thanks!

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered june 23rd production Aug 22nd

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
You sure are moving g quicker than a lot of us
Iā€™m wondering if the increased demand of the GT initially (most who order early order the GT) caused an increase in the production delay and a decrease in the Ecoboost. Then thereā€™s logistics which should effect things equally.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had heard that the NP package on the fast back was slowing things up due to logistics but didn't affect the convertible! now im just hoping this looming workers strike doesn't f thigs up on the 9/14

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i had heard that the NP package on the fast back was slowing things up due to logistics but didn't affect the convertible! now im just hoping this looming workers strike doesn't f thigs up on the 9/14
I am sure it will. I HATE UNIONS!
Iā€™m trying to decide between vapor blue and atlas blue. Going to stop by the dealership. Looks like F150 and Mach E comes in those colors.
we saw other fords in atlas blue also
Sponsored