• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I think the car should’ve not come with any gauge pack at all. They should just have a docking port for the tablet you provide and run the new “Mustang Now” app and you can have any any screen you like and take it with you or watch football ( that’s not soccer for you guys across the pond) if you like.
Along with a sensor that dings you in case someone accidently leaves the tablet in Starbucks and drives all the way home without it. That would be bad ... lol.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Obviously ford should have went with a 5 inch autometer tach on the dash!

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
I'm personally neutral, leaning positive, towards the interior right now, at least until I see in person. I generally hate the tacked on feel that most displays have these days BUT there are much worse implementations of the same concept in my opinion. I also appreciate that the infotainment screen is angled towards the driver. This design doesn't give me iPad vibes as much as vertical displays do. So I am happy that they went horizontal. It's still on the verge of being too much of a distraction for me but is miles better than a vertical display, thankfully unlike the mach e, which has a hard limit interior for myself.

TLDR; I'm ok with the interior overall and don't think their implementation is the worst.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Along with a sensor that dings you in case someone accidently leaves the tablet in Starbucks and drives all the way home without it. That would be bad ... lol.
If you can afford an S650 GT and go drink inside at Starbucks, display screens are the least of your worries.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Food for thought...has anyone seen the interior of the new BMW M2? There are quite a lot of similarities between both interiors...which is saying something. The Mustang always had some uniqueness and it definitely lost some in this generation.

I'm sure someone can help a lazy man (me) in posting both pictures, LOL.

The other reason I bring up the M2 is because it is very much a competitor to the S650. It'll easily compete with the likes of the GT/P and DH in both performance and price.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Bmw was my thought as well, except the i4 is what made me think of it lol. Does really highlight how thick the mustang bezels are tho.

Food for thought...has anyone seen the interior of the new BMW M2? There are quite a lot of similarities between both interiors...which is saying something. The Mustang always had some uniqueness and it definitely lost some in this generation.

The other reason I bring up the M2 is because it is very much a competitor to the S650. It'll easily compete with the likes of the GT/P and DH in both performance and price.
S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens bmw-i4-carplay-second-display

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Large central tach? It's all in the execution:

1674774035512.png
Since all the S650 IPs are the same (no matter what transmission), why does someone need a tach (in the center position)for an automatic transmission?

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Since all the S650 IPs are the same (no matter what transmission), why does someone need a tach (in the center position)for an automatic transmission?
I'd say it's the same reason the most expensive and sporty/fast cars on the planet do (despite not even having a manual as an option)...it's a timeless design.

Just like an analogue wristwatch vs a digital one IMHO - ain't no one paying thousands for a digital Casio LOL. I take that back...we live in some strange times fella's...

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
If you can afford an S650 GT and go drink inside at Starbucks, display screens are the least of your worries.
Not if you're driving home with no screens or instrumentation whatsoever. BIG worry.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Not if you're driving home with no screens or instrumentation whatsoever. BIG worry.
nah, you can judge speed from other traffic and anyway anyone who's been driving for more than a few months can intuit "reasonable pace for conditions" all on their own. And I'd hazard everyone driving stick is more than able to do so just by ear.

I see a product market opportunity, a curtain/flap you can just flip over the display and hide that mess behind a pretty picture or something.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

I can’t forecast how well the S650 will ultimately fare, but for some reason old BMW’s never seem to look as good as old Mustangs.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
There is some next level boomer-ing goin on here lol.

no more complaints until you’ve driven it.
not everyone will agree with you and it dosnt make them boomers kiddo. Not everyone wants screens in a car you can have your opinion and others can have theirs. Audi /VW actually put effort into the design and it came out great
Sponsored