• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well.. not accepting delivery 😔

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
just checked the tracker and saw that my dealer received delivery yesterday!! so im gonna do a walk around obviously other then fender gaps has there been any other issues i should look for before accepting delivery?? any help would be greatly appreciated!
That's some exciting news honestly I wasn't going to the dealership in hopes to find any gaps. If it's just minimal gaps most of that stuff can be adjusted very easily. I also took the car for spin just to make sure there wasn't any excessive suspension noises or engine noises that we're out of the normal. Good luck
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
just checked the tracker and saw that my dealer received delivery yesterday!! so im gonna do a walk around obviously other then fender gaps has there been any other issues i should look for before accepting delivery?? any help would be greatly appreciated!
I just gave mine a really good detail Saturday and checked everything over again. My gaps are perfect and my paint looks great! I feel bad for the OP but I believe he is the exception, not the rule.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
what do you look for in regards to the paint?? i know there have been issues going at 4pm to check it out picking it tommorw

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
what do you look for in regards to the paint?? i know there have been issues going at 4pm to check it out picking it tommorw
Everybody’s thinking this so I’ll go ahead and say it: if you don’t see a problem yourself on a reasonable inspection then you likely don’t have one. It’s easy to get oversensitized and make yourself miserable. Don’t ask how I know. These cars weren’t painted by Kindig in the first place so imperfections are likely.

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks do want to overthink it!!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
That hood gap is terrible. How in the world does something this bad get to customer delivery. I don't blame you at all for not accepting it.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Everybody’s thinking this so I’ll go ahead and say it: if you don’t see a problem yourself on a reasonable inspection then you likely don’t have one. It’s easy to get oversensitized and make yourself miserable. Don’t ask how I know. These cars weren’t painted by Kindig in the first place so imperfections are likely.
Agreed, but can you imagine a mirror shine and perfect panel gaps on a factory car? Maybe Ford should hire Dave/Kev-dog or Shorty (body guy from Texas) to help Ford perfect the process?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
The biggest issue I have seen talked about is where they final snap the bumper covers on and chip the paint on the corners. Mine, fortunately, is perfect.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
That gap is insane! Even moving the hood over a little towards the passenger side isn't going to fix it. Looks worse than the first Tesla models, and they were horrid. I've seen enough "how we build it" car shows to know that upon final inspection in QC, a white gloved technician uses a plastic feeler gauge to check the gaps and if they don't meet spec, the car goes back to assembly. My standard is to look at high end cars like BMW where for the most part, the gaps are even and very small ! A rodent could squeeze through the one on the car you posted .IMO you did the correct thing.
You
That gap is insane! Even moving the hood over a little towards the passenger side isn't going to fix it. Looks worse than the first Tesla models, and they were horrid. I've seen enough "how we build it" car shows to know that upon final inspection in QC, a white gloved technician uses a plastic feeler gauge to check the gaps and if they don't meet spec, the car goes back to assembly. My standard is to look at high end cars like BMW where for the most part, the gaps are even and very small ! A rodent could squeeze through the one on the car you posted .IMO you did the correct thing.
you could check Audi also. A lot better built car for sure

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the odds I would find my exact build out there. Vapor blue, GT performance pack, 401 A , nite pony, magna ride, and active exhaust
You would be surprised. They are out there. Only thing you would maybe have to change is exterior color, but we are seeing vapor blues more and more, so maybe you would rather get less popular color with what you want

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just came across 1 on CarGurus that's pretty darn close to your build, if not an exact match. Perhaps the only compromise will be Recaro seats.

Gotta travel to OH for it though (assuming it's not a special order reserved for someone else).

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2024-Ford-Mustang-c32521#listing=365604124/NONE/DEFAULT

https://www.fairwayfordohio.com/new...field-OH-4e7d05ab0a0e0a91266c491edf39b4c9.htm
I will give these a look at. Thanks
Or if it’s right, call them. You Can a lot of times have them delivered to you or fly, pick it up and drive home and get your 1000 miles on it

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure it is in the sunlight so you can check for dents. I told the dealer about dents, that are obviously hard to see, as son found them a few days after we had it, and he still said if I wanted to bring it in and see what they could do. My husband said it was done before it had even been painted

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks heading there now hopefully its all good

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Well after waiting nearly 5 months after placing my order it's very unfortunate but I'm not accepting delivery of Vapor blue Fully loaded GT. Unfortunately there were crazy panel gap misalignments on the front hood as well as a chip in the front fender. On the rear fenders you could literally push the panel in and watch it pop back out. The dealership tried to use a touch-up pen to fix it but was unwilling to do anything else. Of course the touch-up pin was able to remove the visual issue but there was no clear coat over the top of it so I'm sure I would have issues down the line. @Ford Motor Company I would have expected so much from your quality control. I have been a huge mustang fan, have owned 5 prior stages and this was going to be the 6th. 😔
1000039429.jpg

1000039428.jpg

1000039430.jpg
That’s nothing! Mine needed paint work to repair chips, scratches and a dent on all but three panels. When I got the car back after two weeks it had different scratches in it from the body shop they sent it to. They ordered me a new one and I still get this one until it gets here. They did a “we owe” order for me so that when it gets here we just swap out vehicle’s basically. They said it should be here in December.
Sponsored