• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well.. not accepting delivery 😔

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
Well after waiting nearly 5 months after placing my order it's very unfortunate but I'm not accepting delivery of Vapor blue Fully loaded GT. Unfortunately there were crazy panel gap misalignments on the front hood as well as a chip in the front fender. On the rear fenders you could literally push the panel in and watch it pop back out. The dealership tried to use a touch-up pen to fix it but was unwilling to do anything else. Of course the touch-up pin was able to remove the visual issue but there was no clear coat over the top of it so I'm sure I would have issues down the line. @Ford Motor Company I would have expected so much from your quality control. I have been a huge mustang fan, have owned 5 prior stages and this was going to be the 6th. 😔
1000039429.jpg

1000039428.jpg

1000039430.jpg
I got a vapor blue also and it’s crazy because the panel gap pictures you’re showing are exactly what happened with my car too. I have the exact same gapping issue to the exact same magnitude on my hood. I returned the car to them and it’s in for body work with no promises that they’re gonna make it right. At $63,400 after fees, it enrages me. The lines on the trunk are also a joke. One side part of the trunk panel dips down a little causing the end piece to lift noticeably. I randomly stumbled on another GT on lot and it had the exact same trunk panel issue almost like something is wrong with one of the mold presses at Flat Rock. WTF.
Sponsored

GTPony24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang by convertible
I got a vapor blue also and it’s crazy because the panel gap pictures you’re showing are exactly what happened with my car too. I have the exact same gapping issue to the exact same magnitude on my hood. I returned the car to them and it’s in for body work with no promises that they’re gonna make it right. At $63,400 after fees, it enrages me. The lines on the trunk are also a joke. One side part of the trunk panel dips down a little causing the end piece to lift noticeably. I randomly stumbled on another GT on lot and it had the exact same trunk panel issue almost like something is wrong with one of the mold presses at Flat Rock. WTF.
here are my pictures…it’s the same gap issue. And even causes a gap with the nose panel on the right side

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery 😔 IMG_3031

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery 😔 IMG_3032

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
The biggest issue I have seen talked about is where they final snap the bumper covers on and chip the paint on the corners. Mine, fortunately, is perfect.
That's probably what happened to mine. Let's hope the next one turns out better. I went ahead and ordered another fully loaded GT from a different dealership this time

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
This just pisses me off. And to think still no response from @Ford Motor Company

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
That’s nothing! Mine needed paint work to repair chips, scratches and a dent on all but three panels. When I got the car back after two weeks it had different scratches in it from the body shop they sent it to. They ordered me a new one and I still get this one until it gets here. They did a “we owe” order for me so that when it gets here we just swap out vehicle’s basically. They said it should be here in December.
That’s great they are getting you another one built, but to have had it shipped and not doing their job 100% and for the stupid union , pushing to get them big raises for that kind of work is downright ridiculous. What Happened to giving100%? What happened to people’s Work ethics? They don’t wanna work, but they wanna get paid for working!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
here are my pictures…it’s the same gap issue. And even causes a gap with the nose panel on the right side

IMG_3031.png

IMG_3032.png
Awful. I just don't understand how something like this gets out of the factory, much less gets delivered to a paying customer in this manner. These are plainly obvious flaws that could have and should have been caught numerous times prior to delivery. It just shows that most people probably accept cars in this condition without even noticing so they figured they can just slide it by and not have to bother fixing it.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I also Vapor Blue with a gap on the passenger side of the hood!
At least Flat Rock is consistent.

SanDiegoGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I walked away from my vapor blue 3 weeks ago. Terrible gap on front headlights

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery 😔 425B613B-B650-486F-B74D-B655F3F3A5EB

S650 Mustang Well.. not accepting delivery 😔 47AAAE99-4CBA-4AC3-96AD-F41773518AB0

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
This is something I adressed way before this car came out and people were telling me it's just because it is pre production car. Well, here we are right now. 😂

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
This is something I adressed way before this car came out and people were telling me it's just because it is pre production car. Well, here we are right now. 😂
I sure hope ford is doing something about this...

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I walked away from my vapor blue 3 weeks ago. Terrible gap on front headlights

425B613B-B650-486F-B74D-B655F3F3A5EB.jpeg

47AAAE99-4CBA-4AC3-96AD-F41773518AB0.jpeg
I'm no body guy but to my uneducated eyeballs, that looks like the bumper cover wasn't properly clicked in at all clips. Should be an easy fix. Maybe... Don't blame you for walking though. this is unacceptable.

Last edited:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I'm no body guy but to my uneducated eyeballs, that looks like the bumper cover wasn't properly clicked in at all clips. Should be an easy fix. Maybe...
My car has the same gap. Hoping its something easy to fix. Don't want my first trip to be to a body shop.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My car has the same gap. Hoping its something easy to fix. Don't want my first trip to be to a body shop.
I hear ya!
When I pick up my car, I'm bringing along a body/detailing expert who deals with this stuff all the time. They work on super high end cars every day. He/she will see things I miss. Cost $150 for the inspection. Well worth it IMHO.