• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Well.. not accepting delivery 😔

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
he thinks it's still available
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
What was your build date?

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
So the dealer refused to send it to their Bodyshop, and have them at least attempt to correct that hood gap?

You can buy touch up clear coat...to cover that chip repair.
That's correct. I am not sure why

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That's correct. I am not sure why
Go above whoever told you this. I am sure the GM or owner of that place would not be happy knowing about your experience.

I can not believe that left FRAP like that.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Go above whoever told you this. I am sure the GM or owner of that place would not be happy knowing about your experience.

I can not believe that left FRAP like that.
I can try ...

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That's exactly how I feel. There is no way that passed any kind of quality check. Maybe I am too picky but damn if Ford wants to sell a 60k mustang GT they better step it up. I really hope that others reject their orders just the same as I did if there are quality control issues. Don't put up with this garbage
So what happened definitely sucks and I'm not trying to minimize your disappointment.

However, I still think some perspective is key. Your situation seems to mostly be a case of extremely bad luck, given that the photos I've seen of other customers' deliveries I've seen thus far (mone included) don't seem to show this issue on their S650s.

And I promise you, as someone who works in the Auto Industry at another (foreign/non-union) OEM, this occasionally happens with all of them (yes, even the high-end / luxury manufacturers). You're dealing with humans after all and mistakes will inevitably happen.

For examples:

What I find really shitty, more than anything, is the dealer's refusal to do more to help you fix the issue. They should have caught this during their PDI check and flagged it to be fixed before even having you come in to take delivery. But they inherently know some unsuspecting person will come in behind you and pay well above MSRP for it, so they have no incentive right thing in your case and go above/beyond to make you happy.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
So what happened definitely sucks and I'm not trying to minimize your disappointment.

However, I still think some perspective is key. Your situation seems to mostly be a case of extremely bad luck, given that the photos I've seen of other customers' deliveries I've seen thus far (mone included) don't seem to show this issue on their S650s.

Ans I promise you, as someone who works in the Auto Industry at another (foreign /non-union) OEM, this occasionally happens with all of them (yes, even the high-end / luxury manufscturers). You're dealing with humans after all and mistakes will inevitably happen.

For examples:

What I find really shitty, more than anything, is the dealer's refusal to do more to help you fix the issue. They shod have caught this during their PDI check and flagged it to be fixed before even having you come in to take delivery. But thry inherently know some unsuspecting person will come in behind you and pay well above MSRP for it, so they have no incentive right thing in your case and go above/beyond to make you happy.
Good points. Yeah I am thinking if I order again maybe I need to find a new dealership this time

ProdiGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Ford F150
Good points. Yeah I am thinking if I order again maybe I need to find a new dealership this time
I would find another dealership that has a good reputation for customer service. I’m sure someone in here might be able to help you find one. I would not have accepted that GT either bro, it must have been heartbreaking to see your car with such poor quality control and the dealer not even bothering to help you out. I would also look around online to see if you can find one close enough to your build. Maybe put in another order and look around for one in the meantime. Best of luck man, I hope you get the mustang you deserve.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I would find another dealership that has a good reputation for customer service. I’m sure someone in here might be able to help you find one. I would not have accepted that GT either bro, it must have been heartbreaking to see your car with such poor quality control and the dealer not even bothering to help you out. I would also look around online to see if you can find one close enough to your build. Maybe put in another order and look around for one in the meantime. Best of luck man, I hope you get the mustang you deserve.
Thanks man I appreciate it

Scurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
At the very least the dealer should have had the paint repaired.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
At the very least the dealer should have had the paint repaired.
I agree 100% unfortunately the more I learned I think because it had been more than 48 hours since they accepted the delivery from Ford then they would not be able to get Ford to pay for it the dealership himself would have to cover the cause either way the dealership should have corrected the issue

jimsgunshop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG ECOBOOST PREMIUM YELLOW SPLASH
just checked the tracker and saw that my dealer received delivery yesterday!! so im gonna do a walk around obviously other then fender gaps has there been any other issues i should look for before accepting delivery?? any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored