• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delivery of Mustang

Slow_q50_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right now ‘16 Q50 RedSport soon own ‘24 Mustang GT
I have a question that I’m sure others do too, so I ordered my GT on march 27 the first day the order banks opened and was wondering

1.when do they start assembling and producing the mustang?
2.if there’s no delays when will we be seeing our mustangs hit our dealership?

since it’s a 2024 I know it can’t come out until a certain month I believe, but correct me if I’m mistaken! Just want to know more or less when we will be receiving the car! If any of y’all have any info on that! I got a priority code 19 as well if that helps thanks for y’all time and replies!
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Wasn't it April 17 (historical date!) they start rolling off the assembly line?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
So the first ones will be built in may and those and the going estimate is about 4-6 weeks after it’s built to get to dealerships. I only know of one person that is not Canadian that has a build week so far and that is the YouTuber StangMode who has his dark horse scheduled for the first week in may. There was an update today saying that May scheduling is complete so our cars might not be built till June but I am hoping that those who ordered on the 27th have been scheduled but ford haven’t updated the systems to reflect that

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Wasn't it April 17 (historical date!) they start rolling off the assembly line?
It was before but things got delayed so I believe production starts the week of May 8th second phase of build and price comes out that day though

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
1.when do they start assembling and producing the mustang?
2.if there’s no delays when will we be seeing our mustangs hit our dealership?
Looks like April/May timeframe will be start of production, but there are many variables.

When Ford was in production in 2022, they were building generally 800 cars a day. But they don't produce every day of the week or every week of the month. Dates will coming out soon. When scheduled for production, Ford should send you an e-mail, advising you of your date. Near this time you'll receive a VIN.

It's my belief Ford uses a round-robin system to pickup orders from dealers. Maybe you'll get picked up first round. Maybe not. There could be parts or schedule delays, etc. Don't be concerned if you don't get picked up right away. Ford is going to be settling into the Model Year. Even in good years, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some get built almost immediately and others much later. If production of your build is pushed back or changes (sometimes sooner!), you'll get an e-mail.

Once built, you'll be awaiting shipment, from days to a handful of weeks. Most fall in-between. Same with shipment itself. Once en-route, your dealer will get updates from the rail and trucking companies. They will know if it is at at specific waypoint. You can also Google for how to track yourself. It's not an exact science, like tracking FedEx, but it will give you a general idea where it is.

Once at the dealer, they generally take a day or two to setup. The dealer has specific function checks and partial assembly of some minor bits before releasing to you. If you don't want them to drill for the front plate or wash the car, let them know ahead of time. Have them save any papers found inside.

Last edited:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It was before but things got delayed so I believe production starts the week of May 8th second phase of build and price comes out that day though
Yes, I thought I read that somewhere.

However, Tim Bartz (Long McArthur) said in their live stream earlier today that Job #1 is still scheduled for April 17. Who knows?

Go to 15:49

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
The ones from April 17th to sometime in May/June are the dealer Stock ones, not Retail orders. This based on prior Tim Bartz live streams. Ford is giving 1 Mustang to most dealers. Dealers don’t pick the configuration, they get what Ford feels they need.

Probably Fords way of getting production bugs out. And so dealers have something for people to see/drive. Unlike what happened with the Maverick.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Yes, I thought I read that somewhere.

However, Tim Bartz (Long McArthur) said in their live stream earlier today that Job #1 is still scheduled for April 17. Who knows?

Go to 15:49

That’s interesting, especially since even people who have taken the dealerships pre configured units don’t have dates in April at least for the guys in Canada

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I agree. My take away from Tim’s videos was that retail/customer order would not start till sometime in June.

I also recall him saying that June production constraints would be no performance pack builds.

The 24 mustang details start at ~18 minutes in.

The ones from April 17th to sometime in May/June are the dealer Stock ones, not Retail orders. This based on prior Tim Bartz live streams. Ford is giving 1 Mustang to most dealers. Dealers don’t pick the configuration, they get what Ford feels they need.

Probably Fords way of getting production bugs out. And so dealers have something for people to see/drive. Unlike what happened with the Maverick.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
We will know more next week when they start scheduling retail orders for june, probably on thursday, as that is the day scheduling typically happens. April/May has been scheduled out for early builds. I have seen multiple screenshots showing April Build dates for stock/dealer orders, no reason to think start of production has moved from April 17.
Sponsored