• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wait for Custom Build vs Purchasing Available

speedylotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt Premium
A couple of weeks ago I built and ordered a 2024 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package, 401A, Magneride, Bronze Appearance, and Carmine Seats. Super excited for it get here.

However, a dealer I was talking to previously reached out about a 2024 Mustang GT with the same exact specification- just different colors (which are nice but not as cool as my custom order). Theyā€™re willing to let me purchase it for 11% below MSRP.

I really do like my custom build, but 11% off MSRP has me second-guessing if I want to wait it out. If I pass up on this, thereā€™s no guarantee that my current dealer will offer me an aggressive price, but if I decide to purchase it, I may have regrets for not waiting.

Also, by the time my build gets here, Iā€™m assuming 2025 orders will be starting up so the 2024 pricing may have more wiggle room.

Anyone been in a similar boat?
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
First off are you getting any deal at all for the special order car? If not and you can live with the color that is already available I would move forward with that.

OP
OP
speedylotus

speedylotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt Premium
First off are you getting any deal at all for the special order car? If not and you can live with the color that is already available I would move forward with that.
Theyā€™re letting me apply X-plan and a couple of other rebates, but I donā€™t have a definitive number from them yet. Waiting to hear back

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
This isn't a question others can answer for you because it pretty much boils down to money.

I can tell you I paid $12K more for my DH that I could have now vs what I would have paid for my GT PP that I ordered because I get AZ Plan pricing.

Was it the same car? No. Was it close? Kinda. Was it worth $12K more to have it NOW instead of waiting for the GT? Only I can answer that for me.

Bottom line, only you can answer your financial questions.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I ordered my car in January, picked it up a few weeks ago.

$495 over invoice, no plan, no discount code, no haggling.

I wouldn't settle for something that I didn't want.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
Vehicle(s)
Poor Man's McLaren
Money can be quite psychological huh?

One way to simplify it is to ask yourself, "With the identical car, it is worth it to me to pay $X extra for my favorite color?"

Special colors run about $500 upcharge from the factory. Sounds like your favorite color is more like a $5k upcharge, AND you have to wait months longer to get it!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, A10, Bronze Pkg
Lots of variables to consider. How long do you plan on driving it? Since it will probably already be a year old by the time your order even gets here. There are dealers Out there offering more than 10+% BELOW invoice on in stock units. It was an easy decision for me. Didnā€™t get the exact color I wanted but it had all the options I wanted for $6000 less than MSRP. I usually only keep a car a couple years so I figure there will always be another one around the corner. There is no right or wrong decision. It all depends on what works for you. If it was my forever car i would have waited for exactly what I wanted.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Money can be quite psychological huh?

One way to simplify it is to ask yourself, "With the identical car, it is worth it to me to pay $X extra for my favorite color?"

Special colors run about $500 upcharge from the factory. Sounds like your favorite color is more like a $5k upcharge, AND you have to wait months longer to get it!
I get the reasoning, but with x plan and a few incentives on the ordered vehicle, it's likely no more than a few grand.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This hamburger isnā€™t the one i ordered, itā€™s good and all but it is not the same as picking choices and thats whatā€™s made for you because thats the way you wanted it, someone may have similiar tastes but that one over there, thatā€™s the one i designed/styled/optioned and the factory built it just for me. šŸ˜

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Colors are a funny thing. I originally wanted Orange Fury for my 19ā€™ GT. Found exactly what I wanted. Car was sold before I could get to it. Then moved on to Velocity Blue. Found the car. Was involved in an accident on the dealers lot so had to pass. Finally wound up with an Oxford White GT/CS. Five years on and I canā€™t imagine having any else. So if timing and money override color, just do it.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'd save the money, take the inventory option.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
A couple of weeks ago I built and ordered a 2024 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package, 401A, Magneride, Bronze Appearance, and Carmine Seats. Super excited for it get here.

However, a dealer I was talking to previously reached out about a 2024 Mustang GT with the same exact specification- just different colors (which are nice but not as cool as my custom order). Theyā€™re willing to let me purchase it for 11% below MSRP.

I really do like my custom build, but 11% off MSRP has me second-guessing if I want to wait it out. If I pass up on this, thereā€™s no guarantee that my current dealer will offer me an aggressive price, but if I decide to purchase it, I may have regrets for not waiting.

Also, by the time my build gets here, Iā€™m assuming 2025 orders will be starting up so the 2024 pricing may have more wiggle room.

Anyone been in a similar boat?
You have to have your priorities straight and patience.
This will most likely be my last car and I wanted it "My Way"! It took 121 days, but I got it and I'm very happy with EVERYTHING. 11% off MSRP would have been tempting - about $6K for me.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
This isn't a question others can answer for you because it pretty much boils down to money.

I can tell you I paid $12K more for my DH that I could have now vs what I would have paid for my GT PP that I ordered because I get AZ Plan pricing.

Was it the same car? No. Was it close? Kinda. Was it worth $12K more to have it NOW instead of waiting for the GT? Only I can answer that for me.

Bottom line, only you can answer your financial questions.
Nailed it! +1

The thing is; no matter what we advise, or what you choose; only YOU will have to live with the consequences; good or ill.

Best of luck with whatever choice you make! :thumbsup:
Sponsored