• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Starting to wonder why place an order vs buy one off a lot

Walnnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
I’m paying $500 below MSRP. I did a fair amount of hunting and for MA it was the best deal I could get anywhere. If you can manage 1% under invoice then you have some great negotiating skills, maybe you can do it!

I’m in Worcester and talked to basically all of the central MA dealerships as well as a few in the Boston area
Sponsored

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
In total, I've seen 30-40 GT's get listed on dealer lots within a 50 mile radius of me in the past 2 days. I'm beginning to wonder why even place a custom order if dealer lots get filled before custom orders.

Any insights? Obviously if you have super custom requests then thats a reason, but for most, why?
If you look closely I think you will find that most of the ones “on the lot” are really in-transit.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Wow, I can’t believe some of this pricing. I ordered from my dealer, received below X plan pricing, plus I had a private offer from Ford for an additional $1,250 off, total about 10% below MSRP. Note, this is the 3rd vehicle in the past 4 years I have purchased from this dealer, plus all my service is done there so they know me fairly well.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I’m paying $500 below MSRP. I did a fair amount of hunting and for MA it was the best deal I could get anywhere. If you can manage 1% under invoice then you have some great negotiating skills, maybe you can do it!

I’m in Worcester and talked to basically all of the central MA dealerships as well as a few in the Boston area
Why didn't you get x-plan? Or did none of the dealers want to accept it?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Wow, I can’t believe some of this pricing. I ordered from my dealer, received below X plan pricing, plus I had a private offer from Ford for an additional $1,250 off, total about 10% below MSRP. Note, this is the 3rd vehicle in the past 4 years I have purchased from this dealer, plus all my service is done there so they know me fairly well.
How do you find out if you have a private offer from Ford? I'm registered at Ford.com and I do receive Ford points.