• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Starting to wonder why place an order vs buy one off a lot

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
For the love of all things holy, please no one pay ADM especially on a GT that qualifies for X-plan pricing!!

As for the OP, call and see if these cars for sale are actually there. I bet many are phantoms - other people's orders who just haven't taken delivery yet. If they use a stock photo, pretty good bet it's someone's ride they've been waiting on for a LONG time!

My convoy window stickers GT is now coming via rail. "Maybe next week".....
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
For the love of all things holy, please no one pay ADM especially on a GT that qualifies for X-plan pricing!!

As for the OP, call and see if these cars for sale are actually there. I bet many are phantoms - other people's orders who just haven't taken delivery yet. If they use a stock photo, pretty good bet it's someone's ride they've been waiting on for a LONG time!

My convoy window stickers GT is now coming via rail. "Maybe next week".....
It's not on the lot, it says "this vehicle in transit". Your in Mass, too, have you heard of any dealers in stock yet? I haven't.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My dealer is 1% below invoice (or 6% below MSRP), no deposit.
damn I’m in Dallas, could’ve saved myself some time and money😂 would you mind PMing me dealer?

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Join Mustang Club of America and get x-plan pricing?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
As for the OP, call and see if these cars for sale are actually there. I bet many are phantoms - other people's orders who just haven't taken delivery yet. If they use a stock photo, pretty good bet it's someone's ride they've been waiting on for a LONG time!...
^^^I can confirm this is the case for my order.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It's not on the lot, it says "this vehicle in transit". Your in Mass, too, have you heard of any dealers in stock yet? I haven't.
I don't think they meant "on the lot" literally.

It seems many Ford dealers have auto-generated listings on their website based on pre-determined algorithms (probably with data pulled from VIN view) that aren't "clean."

It just shows that yes, the dealer will eventually have the car available for sale.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
In total, I've seen 30-40 GT's get listed on dealer lots within a 50 mile radius of me in the past 2 days. I'm beginning to wonder why even place a custom order if dealer lots get filled before custom orders.

Any insights? Obviously if you have super custom requests then thats a reason, but for most, why?
Ford did build a bunch of "pre-Spec" units when production initially started on the 2024, so you'll see a few stock orders on dealer lots first.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not locally, no. I did get an email at 2 in the morning today with the subject
Make room in your driveway because your 2024 Mustang GT has been shipped!
and an invitation to download FordPass. I plan to take the Ford points from the new vehicle purchase and apply them like a coupon towards an extended warranty from Granger.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not locally, no. I did get an email at 2 in the morning today with the subject
Make room in your driveway because your 2024 Mustang GT has been shipped!
and an invitation to download FordPass. I plan to take the Ford points from the new vehicle purchase and apply them like a coupon towards an extended warranty from Granger.
That's awesome. Hopefully you get it soon so you can enjoy it for a month or 2 before you put it into hibernation. I never even thought about using the Ford points towards an extended warranty, is that true? Also curious as to where you are, who you ordered from and what kind of pricing you got? (You can DM that info if you prefer.) I'm thinking that even if I ordered now, I probably wouldn't get it until Nov/Dec And that's IF the strike doesn't happen.

Walnnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
I really hope that this price from one of my local dealers is a misprint. $20k over MSRP for a GT Premium????
New 2024 Ford Mustang For Sale at McGovern Ford of Framingham | VIN: 1FA6P8CF2R5407358
https://www.mcgovernfordofframingha...-Mustang-a2fcace70a0e0a920ee88e00c1114eba.htm
Hey you’re my neighbor! I visited that dealership and got such poor service that I walked right out the door. Same deal at Herb Chambers. Ultimately, I ordered from Ira Ford in Auburn. They’re fantastic and have been honest and upfront through the whole process. Fingers crossed my GT gets delivered this week!

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on the southcoast, so I drove over to New Bedford to place my order as the Fall River dealer was shady as hell. Joke's on me, the NB dealer bought out the Fall River guy and now they are both Empire Ford.

They have my car for "sale" here: https://www.empirefordofnewbedford....dford-ma-4b7b464f0a0e0a9448ce3dca02dc1529.htm

Going to throw a cover over it mid-October if the weather holds...or kick my wife out of the garage. We'll see how that goes...

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey you’re my neighbor! I visited that dealership and got such poor service that I walked right out the door. Same deal at Herb Chambers. Ultimately, I ordered from Ira Ford in Auburn. They’re fantastic and have been honest and upfront through the whole process. Fingers crossed my GT gets delivered this week!
Herb Chambers Westborough? Where are you located? I've never been to Ira Ford, can I ask what kind of deal you negotiated? The only way I'm buying a '24 is if I can get it at the least .5-1.0% below invoice but really looking to get 1.0 or above.
Sponsored