• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
[/QUOTE]
I find that 3.7 number hard to believe. It'll be lucky to hit 4.0 if I had to guess.
Agree Sub 4 maybe a pipe dream but he obviously knows something, under ideal conditions.. otherwise his video would be edited. I'm expecting 4.3ish
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Anyone notice the auto start/stop button was blanked? This looked like a pretty loaded GT with the 10 spd, wonder why it's gone here. Not that I would miss it, I just hate blanks.
Yeah, that blank spot would annoy the crap outta me

I thought that the Auto Stop/Start only worked on automatics. I read on CJ Pony Parts that the Auto Stop/Start works with a manual:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/auto-start-stop-explained

Here it is on this Dark Horse with 6M.

Now for a detour, if the Ford engineers can figure out this system, why couldn't they figure out the remote start/stop and remote rev for the 6M? The sensors necessary are already in place.

Now returning to our regularly scheduled program!

S650 Mustang Video: Is the 2024 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack a V8 Muscle Car worth the price? (Raiti's Rides) 1676549112532

Last edited:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I find that 3.7 number hard to believe. It'll be lucky to hit 4.0 if I had to guess.
I was thinking the same thing. Only way you get that number is with alot of HP, boost, or AWD so the car gonna spin.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I thought that the Auto Stop/Start only worked on automatics. I read on CJ Pony Parts that the Auto Stop/Start works with a manual:

Any article that says the average person wastes $1,010 of gas per year in idling alone, then says later in the article that a person can save as much as 5% in fuel costs with auto-start/stop if they idle in traffic a lot, is spinning a story without regard for the truth. The average person doesn't spend $20k in gas per year.

Last edited:

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
At this point I expect that it is the production panel. :frown:

My biggest complaint is the empty space in the first position. On all of the pre-production cars it has been the auto start/stop. That blank button will forever drive me nuts. I was really hoping they would have a different version of that module for cars w/o the feature. So much so that I'm hoping that I can swap in a stop/start panel even if the feature does not work.

It sounds petty, and it is. Having that empty space will make me think about some feature that I could have had but skimped on. 🤬
My point exactly, I spec'd a fully loaded GT (minus the recaros) just to have a blank staring at me every time I hit the start button.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
My point exactly, I spec'd a fully loaded GT (minus the recaros) just to have a blank staring at me every time I hit the start button.
Yea in the same boat hoping for a third party part to replace the whole thing with actual button ASAP

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
So our cars aren't going to have the auto start/stop feature??

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV

Here it is on this Dark Horse with 6M.

Now for a detour, if the Ford engineers can figure out this system, why couldn't they figure out the remote start/stop and remote rev for the 6M? The sensors necessary are already in place.
Obviously the ASS feature can work with a manual, many manufacturers do this, including Ford. It's actually better (well, less objectionable anyway) on a manual than on an automatic, for what it's worth. On an auto the engine shuts down if you're at a stop with foot on brakes. But in a manual you have to be at a stop with car in neutral and foot off clutch pedal (clutch engaged) before the engine shuts down. Arguably that's not as bad.

If you're sitting at a long light you might not even mind this. Unlike with an automatic, where you're worried that the car will start in time when you need to go quickly, in a manual if you see a gap in traffic ahead you're going to press the clutch (car starts), put the car in gear, and go at some point. You have a small but significant additional time to make sure the engine starts. In a manual YOU control when the engine shuts down, or not, and can make sure it starts well before you need it.

Obviously, Ford engineers can figure out remote start with a manual. They (management, not engineers, I'm sure) just choose not to. Too small of a demographic to even worry about, sadly.

So our cars aren't going to have the auto start/stop feature??
Not sure if they will or not. May depend on the trim level & engine. I bought two cars in 2022. One has ASS, the other doesn't. On the car without ASS I had to pay an additional $2100 "gas guzzler tax." I would have thought that on something like the Dark Horse they'd just apply the tax and not add the ASS.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I've seen only the Ecoboost supports start/stop if that changes in future idk but hopefully the 5.0l escapes this completely
"Escape" isn't the right word, exactly. You pay one way or another nowadays. If you "escape" having ASS applied to your car, you're probably paying a gas guzzler tax.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Obviously the ASS feature can work with a manual, many manufacturers do this, including Ford. It's actually better (well, less objectionable anyway) on a manual than on an automatic, for what it's worth. On an auto the engine shuts down if you're at a stop with foot on brakes. But in a manual you have to be at a stop with car in neutral and foot off clutch pedal (clutch engaged) before the engine shuts down. Arguably that's not as bad.

If you're sitting at a long light you might not even mind this. Unlike with an automatic, where you're worried that the car will start in time when you need to go quickly, in a manual if you see a gap in traffic ahead you're going to press the clutch (car starts), put the car in gear, and go at some point. You have a small but significant additional time to make sure the engine starts. In a manual YOU control when the engine shuts down, or not, and can make sure it starts well before you need it.

Obviously, Ford engineers can figure out remote start with a manual. They (management, not engineers, I'm sure) just choose not to. Too small of a demographic to even worry about, sadly.

Not sure if they will or not. May depend on the trim level & engine. I bought two cars in 2022. One has ASS, the other doesn't. On the car without ASS I had to pay an additional $2100 "gas guzzler tax." I would have thought that on something like the Dark Horse they'd just apply the tax and not add the ASS.
Took my drivers test in a manual, hundred or so years ago and was docked for having the car in neutral at a stop light. Reasoning given is you are not prepared to take action if necessary. So Ford implementing that with requirement that you be in neutral seems strange.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Took my drivers test in a manual, hundred or so years ago and was docked for having the car in neutral at a stop light. Reasoning given is you are not prepared to take action if necessary. So Ford implementing that with requirement that you be in neutral seems strange.
Actually, based on the description of how it works on a manual, this wouldn't be a concern, because you can leave it in gear if you want, and the engine won't turn off. I don't like that feature on automatics at all, but as he described it, it might be just fine on a manual.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's obviously a difference between what you have to do to pass a driver's test and what you have to do to retain sanity when driving in a big city. :) Choice is yours whether to put the car in neutral at a light. All I know is that here in Atlanta you sometimes have to wait quite a while, and I would argue that it would be difficult to take *any* action when completely boxed in. There are also other situations where you are waiting but not at a light, of course.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
There's obviously a difference between what you have to do to pass a driver's test and what you have to do to retain sanity when driving in a big city. :) Choice is yours whether to put the car in neutral at a light. All I know is that here in Atlanta you sometimes have to wait quite a while, and I would argue that it would be difficult to take *any* action when completely boxed in. There are also other situations where you are waiting but not at a light, of course.
Don't misunderstand, I will probably be in neutral at the lights. My point is would Ford implement an auto stop feature on a manual transmission vehicle that REQUIRED you to be in neutral when big brother says you should not do that as part of your safe driving habits.
Sponsored