• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

USB Port in mirror

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
The USB in the mirror is a huge plus! Bought a splitter to plug in radar detector and dash cam. Very clean and a lot less work than the S550 where I had to wire tap the mirror for the radar and run my cable for the dash cam all the way down to the ODB plug.

S650 Mustang USB Port in mirror IMG_6113

S650 Mustang USB Port in mirror IMG_6115
Sponsored

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
How does this work?? I had no idea they had them. Also, my EB base model has two screens and not one big one… is that a GT or Darkhorse only thing?

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
How does this work?? I had no idea they had them. Also, my EB base model has two screens and not one big one… is that a GT or Darkhorse only thing?
Not all models have a USB in the mirror, just like not all models have the single, large screen. The car has to be optioned to have those features.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Not all models have a USB in the mirror, just like not all models have the single, large screen. The car has to be optioned to have those features.
Oh okay. Where is the USB port on yours so I can look to see if mine has one?

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I just took the photo standing outside of the car, looking through the windshield

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Great addition to the car. This should be standard. I bought a dongle for my F150 that piggybacks of the plug going into the mirror. Makes for quick dashcam install for sure

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
It may be only on the premiums or the 401a interior package
Well my car was not optioned for that so I will find another route to things when I get a better gps or use my radar detector

psr070187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium w Active Exhaust
Insane to pay this much for a car and not know every detail - but I absolutely learned something today. Thanks!

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Great addition to the car. This should be standard. I bought a dongle for my F150 that piggybacks of the plug going into the mirror. Makes for quick dashcam install for sure
Yes, makes the install of a dashcam sooo easy.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Anyone run a Valentine V1 Gen2 from this port? Does it work? Can I use a splitter to run a dashcam? TIA

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Anyone run a Valentine V1 Gen2 from this port? Does it work? Can I use a splitter to run a dashcam? TIA
My Uniden R8 requires 11 to 16 volts to operate. I believe that USB port will only support 5V. I didn't even try it - I used a cable with the taps for the rain sensor (behind the cover behind the rear view mirror) that had the Uniden R8 plug @ the other end. Detector is mounted under the rear view mirror with a Blendmount.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Well my car was not optioned for that so I will find another route to things when I get a better gps or use my radar detector
I have a base model. I routed my dashcam cable under the trim on the side of my windshield.

Basically cigarette lighter cable straight to the windshield, then around the windshield (you can just tuck it under the plastic going around the windshield) and up the passenger side trim. It doesn’t obstruct the vision. And you can just tuck the cable under the plastic trim. It’s solid, doesn’t move anywhere. But not as nice as the mirror USB plug.

WhiteMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My Uniden R8 requires 11 to 16 volts to operate. I believe that USB port will only support 5V. I didn't even try it - I used a cable with the taps for the rain sensor (behind the cover behind the rear view mirror) that had the Uniden R8 plug @ the other end. Detector is mounted under the rear view mirror with a Blendmount.
Just tried my new uniden r4 with the USB port. Didn't work. How difficult is it to pop the cover off the rear view mirror?
Sponsored