• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tremec NVH problems

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
Second gear has a noticeable whine or growl under load that does not exist in any other gear. Wondering if anyone else has had issues and what the fix was. Non HP manual 1200 miles. Sound has been there the whole time has not gotten better or worse.
Sponsored

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
I have it once a while too.. itā€™s the tranny cooler I reckon kicking in.. and itā€™s intermediary for me. Itā€™s a slight whine.. comes up once a while - and goes away after a bit..
600 on the clock on this side..
not too worried at all - as I do not notice in any change in power or throttle response and temp gauges reading right..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Useless

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
Here is a short clip, it is not intermittent and does not seem to limit power.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup.. same.. I feel itā€™s the tranny cooler .. I donā€™t hear it all the while.. I perceive it as a super charger šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Would love to hear what others have to say..
Non HP here too btw..

OP
OP
Useless

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
Well I am glad I am not alone! Not sure how it would be the trans cooler unless there is a gear driven pump? I have not looked at a schematic so I honestly don't know. Previous vehicles were a built '18 STI and a '18 M3 competition both 6MT and never made that sound in any gear.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not too sure about the STI or the M3 - if they have the transmission cooler from factory / they might have done a real good job in deadening the sound out from the cabin.! Since itā€™s only on gear 2 - not as tall as the third / it might be working hard. Iā€™m just speculating

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
... I have not looked at a schematic so I honestly don't know. ...
S650 Mustang Tremec NVH problems 1706948137294

this is the TR3160's fluid pump assembly for the Dark Horse, GT350, and Mach 1. they all use the same parts

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Yup.. same.. I feel itā€™s the tranny cooler .. I donā€™t hear it all the while.. I perceive it as a super charger šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Would love to hear what others have to say..
Non HP here too btw..
:crackup: :giggle: Pssstā€¦ā€¦little secret for ya allā€¦Your Tremec doesnā€™t care whether you have the big tires and wheels or not.

OP
OP
Useless

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
It looks to be driven off the counter shaft. Does it make sense for it to be louder in any given gear with its location? And agree HP/ non HP is of no consequence here just did not want to mis-represent my vehicle.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Here is a short clip, it is not intermittent and does not seem to limit power.
I personally am turned off by the design of the S650, but I have to tell you that your car sounds absolutely amazing! Enjoy it.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
My MT86 trans in my GT has a little gear whine in 1st and also slightly less so in 2nd. I actually like the sound, but to hear real whine, listen to an old Muncie M22 in 1st gear, now that's gear whine!. These' are just some of the aural delights we get to listen to in some high performance machinery that I hope never goes away. Save the manuals!

OP
OP
Useless

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
Hello everyone, I have figured out the problem thanks to the 6th gen forum. This is the same issue on the mach 1 and gt350 with the tremec. It is the reverse lockout vibrating against the stop on the shift linkage.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone, I have figured out the problem thanks to the 6th gen forum. This is the same issue on the mach 1 and gt350 with the tremec. It is the reverse lockout vibrating against the stop on the shift linkage.

I reckon we are talking about the whine and not necessarily metal striking/vibrating against metal..

OP
OP
Useless

Useless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang dark horse
I reckon we are talking about the whine and not necessarily metal striking/vibrating against metal..
Not sure what you mean here, I am the OP and am only talking about my specific issue. Hopefully no one else is having other issues. All of the other sounds the car makes are music to my ears, this was almost as bad as a rock stuck in the side skirt from an annoyance standpoint. I have an appointment tomorrow to see what Ford will do about it.
Sponsored