• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
This is what I'm referring to. The Shelby American model would look totally fine without it. It just looks like a forced me-too fad inspired by the DH with some more inspo from the S550 GT500's fender decorations mixed in. You can see the surface trailing upward from the outer edge of the brake duck (the "cheekbone" if you will) and how it sweeps up into the headlight's border. That should all stay body colored, and sure, keep the little fender fake vents black, and maybe the little swoop that extends below it, but otherwise it just feels unecessary.

1712943326781-mv.png

Works on the DH because the whole unit is designed like a big ninja mask. Not dissimilar to a late-model Camaro's down-road-graphics (DRG), which is a pretentious way to refer to what design elements you see on a macro level when looking at a car from a good distance. For the record, I'm not a fan of this design idea at all, but at least it works from a design theory level.
1712943312307-cu.png

But the dreaded eyeliner is popping up on a bunch of cars. I found this on reddit so hope the owner's not on here, to each their own, but this ain't it fam (to quote Ricky Bobby "no offense but"). It wasn't designed around this element so the end result looks like a Great Value DH knockoff.
1712943439171-cp.png
To each their own but I think that both designs, especially the Shelby America one, look much better than the original DH...

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
To each their own but I think that both designs, especially the Shelby America one, look much better than the original DH...
I would agree, the GT and Shelby America, both look way better than DH, referring to front facia.
I couldnā€™t stand looking at it at the dealer.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Iā€™m just talking about the eyeliner, but I get what youā€™re saying

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I noticed the subtle ducktail in the new trunk lid of the Shelby. The normal Mustang has no raised portion between the taillights where the letters are in this photo.
S650 Mustang Suspected Shelby American S650 mule spotted testing 1712958333617-n5

Last edited:

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
No secret that I am not a DH fan (the price is just stupid for what you're actually getting), and I'm not an overall fan of the 650 at all (I've owned every generation of Mustang with the 650 being the first I have not)...

But that Shelby looks f*cking gorgeous. The duckbill rear end is just pure sexiness.

Well done, Shelby.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Iā€™m really curious to see what the rear ducktail looks like in a full photo (preferably without the wing).

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
That fender vent looks super good. From what I can see I think I like the vent more than that of the gt350.

TrillLarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ecoboost premium
BUMPER SWAPS INCOMING!!!!!!!

where the EB boys at!!!
This gonna be bussin frfr no cap
I like the lower grill and splitter portion and the headlight air ducts. If I could just have those on my eb I would. Don't care for the side portions of the center grill.

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
i would like that duckbill spoiler :)
Sponsored