• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
If you’re looking for a spare tire option for the performance pack or standalone Brembo kit, I worked with Travis at Automotive Authority to test fit their kit.

Everything fits great on the front and rear.
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested IMG_7785
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested IMG_7786

There’s about a hands thickness of clearance around the calipers
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested IMG_7787

The whole thing fits into the spare well and allows the trunk floor to sit flat.
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested IMG_7790

The only issue I ran into was with the Ford factory jack and lug wrench. If you install the jack and wrench the way Ford does it, the stack is too tall and didn’t allow the spare to fit all the way in. There's plenty of room inside the wheel so I wrapped the jack and wrench in some shop towels to stop them from rattling around and fit them inside the wheel. You can see them in the picture above in the grey towels along with the tow hook.

If you’re looking for a spare check them out.
Automotive Authority
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
If you’re looking for a spare tire option for the performance pack or standalone Brembo kit, I worked with Travis at Automotive Authority to test fit their kit.

IMG_7785.jpeg
IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

The whole thing fits into the spare well and allows the trunk floor to sit flat.
IMG_7790.jpeg

The only issue I ran into was with the Ford factory jack and lug wrench. If you install the jack and wrench the way Ford does it, the stack is too tall and didn’t allow the spare to fit all the way in. There's plenty of room inside the wheel so I wrapped the jack and wrench in some shop towels to stop them from rattling around and fit them inside the wheel. You can see them in the picture above in the grey towels along with the tow hook.

Automotive Authority
oh heck yeah that's good to know! Thanks for figuring this out and sharing.

I imagine it would be the same fit with DH Handling Pack wheels since we're just looking at caliper clearance.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Mine arrives tomorrow! Now I just wish I had a car to out it in!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Maybe I am going blind but I can't find the information on the tire. In particular the size of the tire or the circumference and the speed rating. Older spare were undersized and speed limited. It wasn't really a problem because I only used the spare to get where I could get the damaged tire repaired or replaced but I would like to know the limits of the tire before I buy one.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
On the website they have a video that takes about the size difference of the tires. And there’s a picture of a side wall with a max speed rating of 60mph.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the website they have a video that takes about the size difference of the tires. And there’s a picture of a side wall with a max speed rating of 60mph.
Ok, very near the same as the rear tire. To bad Ford didn't provide this from the factory. The salesman said jack and wrench were provided so I will have to check before I order. I really don't like the goop in a can and from what I understand the tire repair people aren't fond of cleaning the tire out when you use it. Probably not a total loss because the included portable tire inflator could still come in handy to top off the spare.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The tire I received from Automotive Authority is a 155/60R20. With a load rating of 113 and a speed rating of Q. I personally will treat it like a factory spare and stick to 55-60 mph for as little time as possible. I routinely make a 70 mile trip and wanted something a little more reliable than tire sealant to not ruin my day.

Here's a link to the tire: https://www.tri-acetyre.com/productXq2?id=19

Last edited:
OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Maybe I am going blind but I can't find the information on the tire. In particular the size of the tire or the circumference and the speed rating. Older spare were undersized and speed limited. It wasn't really a problem because I only used the spare to get where I could get the damaged tire repaired or replaced but I would like to know the limits of the tire before I buy one.
This is a "real" tire, however I will still treat is as a temporary spare. I will not be ripping down the highway on one of these, but it seems sturdy enough to get me out of a pinch.

I posted the tire specs above.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a "real" tire, however I will still treat is as a temporary spare. I will not be ripping down the highway on one of these, but it seems sturdy enough to get me out of a pinch.

I posted the tire specs above.
That's all I ask. I have triple A but I have found myself out of cell phone range. I want to be able to self rescue as much as possible and around here that means a spare tire, water to keep you alive and other aids you might need. Most important is not to look for trouble because you might find it.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Good info, thanks for posting

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Th

IMG_7785.jpeg
IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7790.jpeg

Automotive Authority

Thank you, I was wondering about this.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Dumb question, but what actually comes with a GT, no Brembo Brakes? A repair kit? Dounut? I can't seem to find it in the Ford configurator. TKS.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Might try to put together a wheel/tire on my own.

I'm in Canada and Automotive Authority want 211$ to ship that tire/wheel to my house.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Dumb question, but what actually comes with a GT, no Brembo Brakes? A repair kit? Dounut? I can't seem to find it in the Ford configurator. TKS.
It is in the exterior options section.

GT comes standard with mini spare (It doesn't give the specs):
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested SmartSelect_20230905_203149_Chrome Beta

It gets deleted with the Performance Pack:
S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested SmartSelect_20230905_203248_Chrome Beta

It also gets deleted if the Brembos are added:

S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested SmartSelect_20230905_203655_Chrome Beta

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Mine arrived today. They recommend taking the felt off the bottom of the trunk floor tray. I don't want to do that, so I ordered some from Amazon. My S550 has a felt liner on the floor under the spare tire, so I am going to trace it and put in my Dark Horse when it arrives. I am keeping the S550, so I am not going to take out to put in the new car.
Sponsored