• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Spare Tire Options

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
I have an Ecoboost premium convertible. No PP. no Brembo. Stock 18 inch all season tires. I need a spare tire. Prefer full size. Just trying to find a cheap rim that works. Doesn’t need to be pretty - it is a spare. Anyone find one? And if so, did it fit in the tire space in the trunk or do only donuts fit?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The option I went with was this one. I wanted one that would avoid damage to the car no mater where I mounted it and would allow 200 miles at a reasonable speed. Not Cheap but it's the best solution I found short of full sized tire.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Missing jack in the trunk of the Dark Horse? Is it supposed to have jack in there? I found this piece and does anyone know what this is for?
S650 Mustang Spare Tire Options 1703962570397

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
If you got the spare tire option, then there should be a jack. Otherwise, no jack.

That looks like a spring spacer used for shipment, removed during PDI.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
If you got the spare tire option, then there should be a jack. Otherwise, no jack.

That looks like a spring spacer used for shipment, removed during PDI.
Thanks for letting me know!

OP
OP

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The option I went with was this one. I wanted one that would avoid damage to the car no mater where I mounted it and would allow 200 miles at a reasonable speed. Not Cheap but it's the best solution I found short of full sized tire.
Thanks. I made a mistake. My tires are 18”. Seems like that doesn’t make a difference according to the link. Says it works with 18, 19 or 20. Are your tires 18? This seems like a good option.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Thanks. I made a mistake. My tires are 18”. Seems like that doesn’t make a difference according to the link. Says it works with 18, 19 or 20. Are your tires 18? This seems like a good option.
Mine are 19 inch but that only applies to the metal wheel diameter. The circumference of the tire is what's important and all the wheels are fairly close give or take a little. The big difference is the amount of rubber between the rim and the outside of the tire and that determines the wheel diameter. As I have a dark horse, there is a little difference between the front and back. The spare is a little larger than the front and smaller than the back.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
They sold these even for 19 inch wheels. It's the outside tire diameter that needs to be close to your's. The wheel is designed to fit your brake set up and bolt pattern/spacing, and fit in the trunk. I had to buy the more expensive kit to fit my big brakes that are on Performance Pac cars, ETC.

Here's another link, cheaper:
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku-ymm/2015-ford-mustang/fr3z-1k007-c.html

OP
OP

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine are 19 inch but that only applies to the metal wheel diameter. The circumference of the tire is what's important and all the wheels are fairly close give or take a little. The big difference is the amount of rubber between the rim and the outside of the tire and that determines the wheel diameter. As I have a dark horse, there is a little difference between the front and back. The spare is a little larger than the front and smaller than the back.
Thank you! Very helpful.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Spare tire size is T155/60R18, which has an outside diameter of approximetly 25.3 inches.

This spare will not fit the 15 inch Brembo front brakes. For those, if you had a flat front tire, they would tell you to install on rear and then put rear tire on front. Not sure if the will fit 14 inch Brembo rear brakes on new Mustangs. Again, for those of us with big brakes, Ford does not make a kit, a third party does.
Sponsored