• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sknsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 2009 Escape
Thanks!!!! Didn’t know what’s in the trunk yet.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I could not help but LOL at those asking about the speed rating of a spare donut tire ... :cwl:

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
Maybe I am going blind but I can't find the information on the tire. In particular the size of the tire or the circumference and the speed rating. Older spare were undersized and speed limited. It wasn't really a problem because I only used the spare to get where I could get the damaged tire repaired or replaced but I would like to know the limits of the tire before I buy one.
I found the tire size in a picture. 155/50 R20

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
I found this website for the spare tire, not sure if i would buy it from them but they have the specs that show the offset and dimensions of the tires when different sizes are selected. You can the determine what will fit in the trunk. Pick 2023 gt with performance package and it will show the same tire size. Just need to confirm the offset

https://sparetire.com/Ford/Mustang/2023-GT-Performance-Package/

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I found this website for the spare tire, not sure if i would buy it from them but they have the specs that show the offset and dimensions of the tires when different sizes are selected. You can the determine what will fit in the trunk. Pick 2023 gt with performance package and it will show the same tire size. Just need to confirm the offset

https://sparetire.com/Ford/Mustang/2023-GT-Performance-Package/
Their options show 2023 models, not 2024 and post #41 shows the 2024 is different.

S650 Mustang Spare tire option for Performance Pack or standalone Brembo BBK kit -- tested Screenshot 2024-04-30 102619

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Apparently the 2024 Performnce Package rotors are bigger than previous years. So, if you have a older model spare, measure carefully. Check out Automotive Authority. They have a spare dedicated for the 2024 model year.

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
Yes that was really information for someone that has a GT w/pp, the know how and tools to measure their offset. They say the brakes are bigger but are they longer, wider or taller. Figure if someone can measure their setup to see what the minimum offset is needed then compare it to the information on that site we will be at least headed in the right direction. Im trying to get the specifications regarding the 2023 and 2024 calipers. Hopefully someone will come across more info so we aren’t stuck with a $500 spare tire. I hate that inflate junk.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Yes that was really information for someone that has a GT w/pp, the know how and tools to measure their offset. They say the brakes are bigger but are they longer, wider or taller. Figure if someone can measure their setup to see what the minimum offset is needed then compare it to the information on that site we will be at least headed in the right direction. Im trying to get the specifications regarding the 2023 and 2024 calipers. Hopefully someone will come across more info so we aren’t stuck with a $500 spare tire. I hate that inflate junk.
Automotive Authority has done all that work for you. If you do a search for a promo code for them you can get a discount. I bought mine 3 months before my car arrived and paid $400 for the kit. I have a 2024 Dark Horse and it fits perfect. It also fits my S550 with Brembos well also.

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
Automotive Authority has done all that work for you. If you do a search for a promo code for them you can get a discount. I bought mine 3 months before my car arrived and paid $400 for the kit. I have a 2024 Dark Horse and it fits perfect. It also fits my S550 with Brembos well also.
Thanks, I’ll check them out. No reason to reinvent the wheel
Sponsored