• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Worth Asking Price?

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
So I’ve been thinking about the price of the current s550 and how much it’s gone up in price over the years and I was wondering how the S650 will stack up against competitors in terms of best bang for the buck. I don’t think there’s a car right now that can compete against the current S550 in terms of bang for the buck other than the Camaro and Challenger/Charger but with those two going away we’re left with German sports cars which are twice the price and asian sports cars which for some reason most are more expensive than a mustang other than a GR86 or a Miata. As much as I like the mustang it’s kind of sad to not see it have competitors and frankly wish someone would come out with something to compete against the car as I feel we are leaving the days of cheap horsepower behind.
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The price increases have been in line with inflation. The price of a new mustang is not outpacing the industry so comparatively this is a moot point. The real question is whether buying large ticket items like a new car is a smart idea in this economy.

If anything it is the dealerships tacking on ADMs that are outpacing inflation out of greed

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Is it worth it?

Yes.
-v8, MT, American Muscle

Is it worth it?

No.
TTV6 are faster/as fast at roughly the same price for an A401. They usually have a much better built quality and turbos can easily be tuned to a much higher degree.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So I’ve been thinking about the price of the current s550 and how much it’s gone up in price over the years and I was wondering how the S650 will stack up against competitors in terms of best bang for the buck. I don’t think there’s a car right now that can compete against the current S550 in terms of bang for the buck other than the Camaro and Challenger/Charger but with those two going away we’re left with German sports cars which are twice the price and asian sports cars which for some reason most are more expensive than a mustang other than a GR86 or a Miata. As much as I like the mustang it’s kind of sad to not see it have competitors and frankly wish someone would come out with something to compete against the car as I feel we are leaving the days of cheap horsepower behind.
Let's see - you can get a new Challenger Hellcat for less than $80K. Does that count as competition? Maybe a lower model Challenger would be more comparable. They are available with prices in the 40s and 50s as well.

2023 Camaro SS you can buy near me there's one for sale for $43K. New.

Yes, 2023 might be the last year to buy a BRAND NEW V8 USA made RWD competitor to the Mustang (or maybe not), but aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?

Maybe you aren't serious about wanting to buy a competing vehicle and you are making assumptions about what is available? Not sure what's going on here, but looking forward to your comments.

Mustang 810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
The s550 is a great performance priced car. My first performance/muscle car was a 1995 Z28 Camaro that I paid around 25k for new in 1995. That is worth around 46k in today's prices. Dealer markups are a whole different issue. I would have loved to get my GT for around 50k. I would have felt like I got a great performance bargain. At 60k, which is what I paid it really didn't feel like a bargain. But I do love the car. haha. I am anxious to see what the S650 will be priced at on dealer lots next year. Like the above person said buying a new car right now is not smart. Things are a still a mess right now.

I will miss the Camaro because it is a great performance bargain. Test drove a 2023 2SS that was going for 47K. Used hellcats are a great bargain. I just can't get past the looks of them. Too large and the rear is just unappealing to me. I will probably never be able to own a new German sports car. Can't afford it and not sure I would want to. Used maybe. I considered a used M2, but the engine sound just doesn't excite me honestly. V6 TT engines just don't do it for me. Right now I still want a V8. I don't care if I could have bought a Tesla for less that is faster than my GT. They are as exciting to look at to me as a mailbox.

Last edited:

KoreanKK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101A automatic
Elantra N is definitely the best for the buck. Comes with E-lsd and electronic dampers, and a lot of tech options come standard. A fully loaded GT will be faster but you’re looking to pay about 20k more..

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A fully loaded GT will be faster but you’re looking to pay about 20k more..
A fully loaded GT? A base 2015 GT is faster. Why compare a front wheel drive Honda Civic competitor anyways

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
A fully loaded GT? A base 2015 GT is faster. Why compare a front wheel drive Honda Civic competitor anyways
I don’t think he read the thread title correctly. It’s not about best bang for the buck (which wouldn’t be the Hyundai anyway) but the relative value of the upcoming S650.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
An S650 will 100% not be the best bang for buck, in any of these first year trims. A different, perhaps just as relevant question is “is it a good performance value among its 24MY competitors?” That is a very different scenario and there’s most likely a decent case for the GT PP and the dark horse assuming pricing is just a bump over 23MY.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
What if you have no interest in drag racing?
Tesla only wins this if you only ask it to do this one to three times in succession, get 'em on the continuous light to light. I think they cll this a one trick pony...:-)
Sponsored