• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Validation Complete

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It should enable what I consider both a technical and design freeze. No more changes. It is done.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Maybe validation Complete is a big step towards finalizing and publishing pricing. Or at least puts some pressure.
pricing was determined a year ago probably and updated in the last month with the Fed cranking rates at a rapid clip. Now MAYBE there will be some actual marketing?

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I think realistically they’ll wait til after the February fed meeting and have a better state of things
pricing was determined a year ago probably and updated in the last month with the Fed cranking rates at a rapid clip. Now MAYBE there will be some actual marketing?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Rates are going to 7% and probably higher (11-13). The Fed just doesn't dare say that or Washington might end up being more cinder than cinderblock.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LOL. Validating what? The new tail lights?
Shit's the same.
C'mon man.
If you've driven a number of new cars you will notice significant differences in the cars that the engineers spend more time on. I noticed a big difference in the level of polish between a GT and GT350, for example. Just minor things, not a huge deal, but IMO they matter and I'm glad for Ford spending time looking for these issues before they churn out tens of thousands of Mustangs.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
LOL. Validating what? The new tail lights?
Shit's the same.
C'mon man.
the tail lights are one piece, but don't forget about the updated engine, new interior with it's screens, the buttons below the middle screen, headlights, oil and trans cooler placement, brake fade, plus general bug testing and probably a lot of other things that have changed but haven't been mentioned yet
there's a fair few new or changed things that need to be verified that they work well, and not doing that could end badly

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Nice!
...When do the order books open, then?
IDK. But I'm sure when they do, the news will spread quickly.

We know the MY23 Order Banks closed yesterday for all retail orders. Dealers can continue to place stock orders, parts permitting. MY23s will continue to be built through March 2023, at least from what we know now. We suspect production will end in March of '23.

IMO, it's going to take a certain amount of time to clear out assembly for '23 and setup for MY24 production. How long, IDK.

Getting back to your original question, I wouldn't expect more insight until after New Years.

A lot of comments point to April 2023, either for order bank opens or actual production. Coinciding with the anniversary month of April, this is a great idea, but it has yet to be confirmed.

@Granger Ford is really good at keeping us updated. When the order banks open for the S650, I'd expect them to be one of the first to chime in with any insight towards placing an order.

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
If you've driven a number of new cars you will notice significant differences in the cars that the engineers spend more time on. I noticed a big difference in the level of polish between a GT and GT350, for example. Just minor things, not a huge deal, but IMO they matter and I'm glad for Ford spending time looking for these issues before they churn out tens of thousands of Mustangs.
Yes, that is why I am thinking as well. We have not seen a proper proper review of the car yet. I am pretty sure we will know more soon about performance, agility, noise level in the cabin, technical improvements, updates V8 etc.
Sponsored