• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Validation Complete

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
According to FA:

"The Blue Oval has completed its validation drive of the latest pony car.

Ford’s Mustang team recently spent some time in Arizona and on the iconic Route 66 completing an extended validation drive with production-level prototypes of the seventh-generation machine, which involved driving more than 1,200 miles on a wide variety of surfaces. The conditions were also quite varied, with elevations reaching 8,000 feet and temperatures swinging from 20 degrees Fahrenheit up to 85.

The purpose of this validation testing is to ensure that everything present in the vehicle works as intended, as well as to simulate how the 2024 Ford Mustang will be used by real customers in the real world. According to the automaker, the cars also received a warm welcome along that journey, with plenty of thumbs up, honking horns, and even folks asking if they can take pictures with the new pony car. However, it also left a good impression with the Blue Oval employees that drove it, too.

'What an awesome car,” said Eddie Khan, Mustang vehicle engineering manager. “The new Mustang delivers on its promise of exhilarating performance, unforgettable sound, and attractive styling.'"

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2024-ford-mustang-team-completes-validation-drive/

S650 Mustang S650 Validation Complete Capture5.PNG
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, I'm not usually a fan of convertibles, but the GT looks superb in white!

(although those wheels look like the silver versions of the S550 Performance Pack wheels, seen quite a lot here in the UK.......so I wonder if they will be available on the S650, or were just used for test purposes).

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
LOL. Validating what? The new tail lights?
Shit's the same.
C'mon man.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Given almost all new cars seem to have at least one recall, its in Ford's best interest to test as much as possible.

If they want anyone to test Euro/UK cars, I'm happy to help out :like:
They also have to validate that new dashboard for EricB :cwl:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
DH looks killer in VB here btw.
we need a better acronym since VB is by definition 'Velocity' Blue, not this gray with some blue thrown into the pail. :)

They also need to run the cars thru the spinny-brush car washes and see how many passes it takes before there's water all over the floor and inside the frame. :)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This picture from the article just does it for me. I absolutely love the wheels.
Screenshot 2022-12-05 12.04.43 PM.png
They look nice in this picture, but the silver 10-Y wheels from the Gen 6 they used here look really boring in real life. They would be awesome in black with machine surfaced details, but they are just plain silver

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
we need a better acronym since VB is by definition 'Velocity' Blue, not this gray with some blue thrown into the pail. :)

They also need to run the cars thru the spinny-brush car washes and see how many passes it takes before there's water all over the floor and inside the frame. :)
We can call it Vape B. but that sounds like a Subaru color.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I thought Chevrolet did the validation a few years back. I kid, I kid.

At least we still have a V8/MT option.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Cars are complicated. Validation is welcome. I'm especially interested in any of the technical bits which would have changed. Looking forward to specification comparisons (changes in part size, location, attachment, materials, design, etc) between marks. What changed, why, and, is it better?