• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Well, I'll just have one comment on the new design evolution: yes, you can still screw up the car even though the team is "updating". But the pressure to introduce an entirely new platform with both a totally new exterior and interior was way more risky. Just ask Kemal Curic, Dave Pericak and the rest of their team...see A Faster Horse. So, let's just keep things in perspective here...
That is a good documentary, watched it a few months ago. Put a new perspective on how hard it is to develop a new car.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The Channel "AutoDesignMag" you posted turned off the comments, not Ford. Since the channel just have 500 subs it's safe to say they copied the interview parts from someone else

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
couple quotes from the video...

"gutsy to step away from our heritage"...
"shift away from the double brow"
"like playing a video game"....
"doesnt take it self to seriously"....(the mustang muscle car)
"their going to look at the driver space and have a smile on their face"....

well i know they are not talking about me...nor was i asked to be part of the "test group" for their design. looks like it will become just a "car" now....with no heritage.
all cars are slowing becoming this....so my passion for cars and mustangs are slowly dying just as the folks at Ford are killing the "heritage" in their vehicles...

just my $.02 so no bashing. my little comments are worthless anyway...
just venting.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Stories involving the process of being accepted for the Pebble Beach Concours or Mille Miglia seem apt.

Some car owners will present tomes of information about their cars, gushing about every last detail as to why they deserved to be part of a concours or historic race; these cars are often not accepted.

Other owners submit one, two photos, and literally a page or two of information. A simple application really. Owners taking this tact are typically the ones seen.

I feel the S650 video aligns with the former, not the latter. IMO, when things are right, the cars sell themselves. Other than specific technical information, little, if any, explanation is needed.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i think they did have a target group, just not a MUSTANG target group.
i mean they had to do something right? next generation of drivers.
in the beginning when it first came out i did care how it looked, and still today,
but now i just dont care much as i did then. i probably will never buy it.....(probably)
but never say never.
i like the Broncos, but i know it will be 2+yrs before i can buy one, so saving up for that....
and some other "goodies" if family will allow. (more on the time and money, rather than permission)

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
couple quotes from the video...

"gutsy to step away from our heritage"...
"shift away from the double brow"
"like playing a video game"....
"doesnt take it self to seriously"....(the mustang muscle car)
"their going to look at the driver space and have a smile on their face"....

well i know they are not talking about me...nor was i asked to be part of the "test group" for their design. looks like it will become just a "car" now....with no heritage.
all cars are slowing becoming this....so my passion for cars and mustangs are slowly dying just as the folks at Ford are killing the "heritage" in their vehicles...

just my $.02 so no bashing. my little comments are worthless anyway...
just venting.
i think they did have a target group, just not a MUSTANG target group.
i mean they had to do something right? next generation of drivers.
in the beginning when it first came out i did care how it looked, and still today,
but now i just dont care much as i did then. i probably will never buy it.....(probably)
but never say never.
i like the Broncos, but i know it will be 2+yrs before i can buy one, so saving up for that....
and some other "goodies" if family will allow. (more on the time and money, rather than permission)
This is pretty much it...but they took the cheesy "dumb people being out of touch" approach of thinking screens and video games were the way to go to hit with Gen Z and beyond lol. I'm a 36 year old high school teacher and not a single kid I've shown the S650 to prefers it over my car and they all laughed at the tablet dash...swing and a miss.

Fans of cars still want their cars to be cars...that goes for both young and old, the in-between, and the past/present/future. There is a LOT in the S650 that is going to age poorly, and a lot that could be fixed easily enough in a refresh to get things right again. I absolutely want to grab a V8, possibly a performance model, before things go electric, with plans to ride into two or three years of production in an electric gen 8 before going electric myself...but so far there's nothing that really speaks to me and I vastly prefer my 2015 S550. I'm practically just sitting here waiting for Ford to make something to "take my money" with the S650, but so far it's a total miss.

Last edited:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok so this might be a really big stretch here, but what if.....

they (ford engineers) designed the dash this way on purpose, so that everyone who is a "hard core" mustang freak would say no way and then not buy the S650 when it comes out....
then of course sales decline, then Ford would have statistical evidence that "no one" wants the mustang anymore, thus solidifying their stance on cutting it out of production in 8 yrs (or less) in place for a "better" more efficient "electric" car/suv to take its place...
yea yea i know sounds like a conspiracy theory but what if it wasn't??....
then we have no rights to say anything either way...

sounds just as crazy as the Marvel "what ifs" on Disney....

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

they (ford engineers) designed the dash this way on purpose, so that everyone who is a "hard core" mustang freak would say no way and then not buy the S650 when it comes out....
then of course sales decline, then Ford would have statistical evidence that "no one" wants the mustang anymore, thus solidifying their stance on cutting it out of production in 8 yrs (or less) in place for a "better" more efficient "electric" car/suv to take its place...

Let me get this right… your conspiracy is implying that Ford wants to intentionally make the Mustang flop… and use that as an excuse to hush critics if they choose to discontinue the Mustang? In other words:

-waste money on R&D
-purposefully lose money by shooting self in foot to tank sales
-discontinue model after hemorrhaging money
-win by pointing to “supposed” data when enthusiasts cry?

As opposed to just saying “we’re done with cars/Mustangs/ICE vehicles…

pls confirm

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me get this right… your conspiracy is implying that Ford wants to intentionally make the Mustang flop… and use that as an excuse to hush critics if they choose to discontinue the Mustang? In other words:

-waste money on R&D
-purposefully lose money by shooting self in foot to tank sales
-discontinue model after hemorrhaging money
-win by pointing to “supposed” data when enthusiasts cry?

As opposed to just saying “we’re done with cars/Mustangs/ICE vehicles…

pls confirm
read the first line....
REALLY BIG STRETCH.
it was more in jest than reality.
spending millions of $$ just to prove a point would be a waste.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Bro, ford wouldn't sabotage one of their most iconic cars in order to intentionally hurt sales to justify discontinuing it. That would make no sense. It's far more likely that people are just having a hard time adjusting because it's so different.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
read the first line....
REALLY BIG STRETCH.
it was more in jest than reality.
spending millions of $$ just to prove a point would be a waste.
The bean counters at Ford would never allow a product to go into production if they legitimately thought it was going to flop. No shot. They would have discontinued the Mustang by now if it didn't make at least some financial sense to keep it around.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The problem here is that the people who are currently in charge of product development at Ford are idiots. First they create an electric minivan and call it a Mustang and now they think S650 Mustang buyers are millennials who do nothing but play games all day and < quote > want an interior that's more driver focussed, more driver centric. < end quote >

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The problem here is that the people who are currently in charge of product development at Ford are idiots. First they create an electric minivan and call it a Mustang and now they think S650 Mustang buyers are millennials who do nothing but play games all day and < quote > want an interior that's more driver focussed, more driver centric. < end quote >
I agree, and I think its funny they suggested that considering Millennials are all about self-driving cars. With that said, I can definitely see having the infotainment screen that high up and close to the main cluster as a benefit on track - especially if you can display several metrics/temps/etc. on that screen while on track.
Sponsored