• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 slow......what's the truth???

ShannonMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
My thoughts, just like any product it is very early in the lifecycle. And let us not forget what you want to do go fast in a strate line or be more of a road cores car? With the new supercharger, you will be able to increase your HP so I would be to worried this early in the game.
Sponsored

5.0S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Not really getting walked like that is what I seen a stock gt350 do to a DH and another a10 19 do to a A10 24 gt they all hang for a second then just get walked.
Why not post those rather than some random no info video, that seems to be the only thing out there?

The s550 in this video is clearly faster than the s650 but is exaggerated in the first race by the 24 taking the camera guy then when switched the s550 jumped then the 24 sat there then the s550 barely moved forward. Basically showing us that if both had a passenger or none that would be very close with the s550 edging it out.

Again with no info on the cars this doesn't really tell us anything. The s650 could just be slower but it would be nice to have some real info to look at to come to that conclusion. As the issue is the car's are going to be close enough that the little details will matter to compare. Which kind of makes the end point of they are mostly the same as I said before it will come down to how the gen 4 responds to mods once you can tune vs gen 3 which responds very well.

And who knows maybe something is wrong with some of the 24's like the 99 cobra. Again we need more time and data.

And just to throw this out there something as simple as s550 in drag mode and the s650 not stock to stock would make that difference.

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My thoughts, just like any product it is very early in the lifecycle. And let us not forget what you want to do go fast in a strate line or be more of a road cores car? With the new supercharger, you will be able to increase your HP so I would be to worried this early in the game.
I agree with the early on in the life cycle and everything but let's, look at what we do know, the car is heavier, whipple sc is coming but it's a can tune so when they say 800 hp it's really 650.This car is just gonna have to do a little bit more work for what the outgoing models. NUMBER 1 concern is tuning hope that opens up a
Why not post those rather than some random no info video, that seems to be the only thing out there?

The s550 in this video is clearly faster than the s650 but is exaggerated in the first race by the 24 taking the camera guy then when switched the s550 jumped then the 24 sat there then the s550 barely moved forward. Basically showing us that if both had a passenger or none that would be very close with the s550 edging it out.

Again with no info on the cars this doesn't really tell us anything. The s650 could just be slower but it would be nice to have some real info to look at to come to that conclusion. As the issue is the car's are going to be close enough that the little details will matter to compare. Which kind of makes the end point of they are mostly the same as I said before it will come down to how the gen 4 responds to mods once you can tune vs gen 3 which responds very well.

And who knows maybe something is wrong with some of the 24's like the 99 cobra. Again we need more time and data.

And just to throw this out there something as simple as s550 in drag mode and the s650 not stock to stock would make that difference.
The gen 4 will react to mods just like a gen 3(providing tuning opens up and no can tunes that some supercharger manufacturers provide.hopefully). Until then we got a over weight pig that's neutered by ford's tune.

I went from a gt350 to a 18 A10 whipple gt..
All Ford really needed to do is give us a gt at that weight and a true 500 hp motor. Bam instant seller and would be deadly.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I agree with the early on in the life cycle and everything but let's, look at what we do know, the car

…. Until then we got a over weight pig that's neutered by ford's tune.
And yet a 4500rpm limit and still did that well … gonna be interesting.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My enthusiasm is definitely tempered. I figured the DH would be overweight to a GT. I do believe we’ll have custom tuning in short order.

I was very taken by the looks and was hoping the performance would be noticeable.

I’m coming from a low 9 second foxbody. I watched how easily and reliably gen3 cars could run high 8s low 9s so I decided to order my 24.

My biggest disappointment so far has been, I knew whipple was working on a kit… but today when they released their specs it only comes with 55lb injectors.

Anyone who knows basics can realize that you’re not making real power on a 55#… hell the s550 kits come with 72#s maybe it was a misprint, because even whipple is neutering a few hundred HP off the stage 2 kit if so.

I’m still gonna buy my 24 when it’s delivered, but I’m probably just gonna cruise it for a year and go to a GT500 with a 3.8 whipple and ID1700s unless some major tuning unlocks occur and I see 24s running 8s/9s.

I still have my fox for now too though.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Not to beat a dead horse, but everyone is talking about how slow the S650s are. What's everyone's opinions? What's the truth?
I'm a die hard Mustang fan. This 2024 will be my 5th one and I have never drove anything but a Mustang since 1997. I'm currently driving a 2013 GT. I'm still super excited about getting my car hopefully this week, but I'm over the hate.
Nothing's slow about the Mustang.

It is *SLIGHTLY* slower (less than a second) relative to EVs at initial acceleration, mainly because of the difference in metaphysics between battery-powered vs gas-powered engines.

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
It will not be slow by any means, it makes slightly more power that is somewhat negated by slightly higher weight. I think once we start seeing more of them on the street, it will be very close if not faster than the current 2018+ A10 cars. We cant judge them with brand new owners behind the wheel, after some seat/break-in time, we will have a definitive answer.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
It will not be slow by any means, it makes slightly more power that is somewhat negated by slightly higher weight. I think once we start seeing more of them on the street, it will be very close if not faster than the current 2018+ A10 cars. We cant judge them with brand new owners behind the wheel, after some seat/break-in time, we will have a definitive answer.
Totally agree. Mine felt noticeably slower when I drove it off the lot. It's already noticeably faster (535 miles in) and I haven't pushed it hard yet. So many upgrades over my '21 S550, and I'm loving it.

For those who are waiting or considering ordering, sorry the topic keeps getting raised. I worried about it before I signed and I felt the slowness at first too. But even if performance were your only concern, I think this car is going to deliver.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I only have about 50 miles on mine but coming from a car that does 0-60 in 3.5s (Model Y Performance) the mustang feels quick. I'm not going above 4000 RPM during break-in and it still has good pick up.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Totally agree. Mine felt noticeably slower when I drove it off the lot. It's already noticeably faster (535 miles in) and I haven't pushed it hard yet. So many upgrades over my '21 S550, and I'm loving it.

For those who are waiting or considering ordering, sorry the topic keeps getting raised. I worried about it before I signed and I felt the slowness at first too. But even if performance were your only concern, I think this car is going to deliver.
I hope y’all are right about some [presumably break-in] miles causing your cars to run stronger. When I thought I had noticed this happening myself in the past and posted about it I pretty much was advised that it was my imagination.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...is-to-just-wait-a-while….188324/#post-3793705

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My enthusiasm is definitely tempered. I figured the DH would be overweight to a GT. I do believe we’ll have custom tuning in short order.

I was very taken by the looks and was hoping the performance would be noticeable.

I’m coming from a low 9 second foxbody. I watched how easily and reliably gen3 cars could run high 8s low 9s so I decided to order my 24.

My biggest disappointment so far has been, I knew whipple was working on a kit… but today when they released their specs it only comes with 55lb injectors.

Anyone who knows basics can realize that you’re not making real power on a 55#… hell the s550 kits come with 72#s maybe it was a misprint, because even whipple is neutering a few hundred HP off the stage 2 kit if so.

I’m still gonna buy my 24 when it’s delivered, but I’m probably just gonna cruise it for a year and go to a GT500 with a 3.8 whipple and ID1700s unless some major tuning unlocks occur and I see 24s running 8s/9s.

I still have my fox for now too though.
I am with ya on this.. people are gonna have a rude awaking with that whipple kit with their tune. No it's not gonna make 800 rwhp it's gonna be a basic B 625-650 rwhp deal. Just by going off the injector size and throttlebody size.

TripleSevenJeff

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2019 GT “777RS”
I will say this. Our dark horse has felt significantly faster as we put miles on it. At this second I am at 768 miles and it’s way faster than it was at 140~ miles.
We will be bringing it to the Dyno tomorrow.
Red is WITH the carbon traps in the intake, Blue is WITHOUT them.

this car is not slow by any means, the power curve is incredible compared to the S550's and it moves its weight very well. Are the numbers low? Sure. But it does not feel like that day to day driving and doing pulls on the street.
S650 Mustang S650 slow......what's the truth??? IMG_4277.PNG

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
A monkey can drive a A10 u don't need alot of seat time. Some wait lol the darkhorse is almost 300lbs heavier than a gt350 lol

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Red is WITH the carbon traps in the intake, Blue is WITHOUT them.

this car is not slow by any means, the power curve is incredible compared to the S550's and it moves its weight very well. Are the numbers low? Sure. But it does not feel like that day to day driving and doing pulls on the street.
IMG_4277.PNG
Carbon traps only worth 3rwhp and 3 tq?
Sponsored