• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 No Lift Shift

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Not sure it was clear, but what I was wondering is if there was any comparison between the aggressive gear change using No Lift Shift in the MT-82 and the 10R80 shifting through all the gears aggressively when going WOT. Hopefully that makes sense.

I love my manual and can shift pretty quick, but the auto absolutely wins on quickness of shifts. I think that is what you were getting at?
Sponsored

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Would you recommend setting the performance shift indicator to the no-lift range?

I have mine set at 7000. Only time I need or want a shift light is if I'm ringing it out. Just me personally though.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sorry for the clarity and maybe it's not a thing. But in the manual, I, personally, consider No Lift Shift (NLS) as an aggressive gear change and harsh clutch disengage/engagements. I know automatics are different from manuals, but when, I guess, drag racing with a 10R80 transmission, you're making the automatic "shift hard" under wide open throttle and wonder if under those conditions with the 10R80, would that be considered equivalent to (NLS) the MT-82.

No doubt the automatic is quicker. An S650 2.3L EcoBoost with the 10R80 can easily keep up and/or beat an S650 5.0L with the MT-82 (driver of the 5.0L was most definitely lacking driver mod).

Just curious and want to learn.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Sorry for the clarity and maybe it's not a thing. But in the manual, I, personally, consider No Lift Shift (NLS) as an aggressive gear change and harsh clutch disengage/engagements. I know automatics are different from manuals, but when, I guess, drag racing with a 10R80 transmission, you're making the automatic "shift hard" under wide open throttle and wonder if under those conditions with the 10R80, would that be considered equivalent to (NLS) the MT-82.

No doubt the automatic is quicker. An S650 2.3L EcoBoost with the 10R80 can easily keep up and/or beat an S650 5.0L with the MT-82 (driver of the 5.0L was most definitely lacking driver mod).

Yes, however, and but….. not as violent, autos use smaller steps to eventually arrive at or near the same final ratio. Think of it like a 10 speed vs a 5 speed bicycle. I know, not the same but concept wise. The gears on the bike is the transmission and you are the engine.

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR

It is an aggressive gear change but that's the point :) You use it when you're trying to extract the most out of the car. I'd find it logical that it could actually be easier on the drivetrain than manually getting back on the gas because the ECU is basing it on the clutch sensor and resuming power at the right time as opposed to your right foot maybe going back to the floor too early or too late as you let the clutch out.
Sponsored