• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
And why do these two USB-ports take up so much space? It’s not like Android Auto and Apple Carplay can be used without any cables… Why do I need these ports in a MY’24 car? Does the car not offer wireless charging and connectivity?
There needs to be at least 2 each of USB-C and USB-A. There are 2 people in a car + dash accessories. A 110V 3-prong NEMA would be nice. My F150 has one, why the hell doesn't every car?

And HELL NO to god-damn wireless charging horse-sh*t. God created cables. The only wireless powersource is the Sun.

Tune and Volume control can (and decades ago was) accomplished via push/pull mode. The 'lip' below the 5 toggle switches is a human factors thing - stabbing button with your hand floating while also in motion is at best hit+miss with a high rate of failure. But the ledge seems a bit deeper than needed.

I would rather they move the engine start/stop button up by the 'key' instead of it's current S550 location and instead put in a temperature contol knob. This 'everything has to be done thru the touch-screen' crap was a BAD IDEA when Tesla did it, and it's just as stupid and ill-conceived when Sync3 did it. So QUIT carrying it forward, Ford!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Aw man you’re hitting me in the feels. The last thing I want is an elegant s650 but it does look like they are trying to mimic m4 styling. My assumption is they’ll also mimic m4 pricing and why wouldn’t Ford do that? I feel like there’s a big price increase coming to these cars.
BMW M4 starts at $72K. Also know that BMW charges for everything so add another $10-20K in options. The S650 GT base will most likely start in the low 40's. Apple and oranges.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Capacitive screen touch controls for HVAC are an absolute deal breaker for me, no matter how wonderful the rest of a car might be.

It's a safety issue because you have to take your eyes off the road to hunt and peck for the right spot on the screen to adjust temperature or fan speed. Even if you take your eyes off the road for just a second or two, a lot can happen fast at highway speeds (65 mph = 95 feet/sec, 2 seconds = your car has gone 190 feet).

It's also a PITA in the winter in northern states because you can't use it with gloves on. Yes, there are haptic touch gloves, but they're not warm, and why the hell should an owner have to buy a special pair of gloves just to use the heat in the winter?

Hard pass.
Ever hear of voice commands? Seriously how many times do you change your HVAC controls once you are on the road. You're just being silly. :giggle::like:

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
That interior is no small change. It’s going from an interior everyone loved in 2015 which was classic and retro yet modern to what looks like an SUV’s interior in a sports car. Oh it’s a radical change but not In a good way.

:(
Outside of the Mustang community, no one believes the S550 has what you would call a "nice" interior. This will be a welcome change to bring in new buyers as we all know that everyone crying in this thread wouldn't buy one anyway.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no Sport setting on the shifter.
that 'S' never made any sense. Go into the menu and select 'Sport' just like you select Active Exhaust modes. Though granted M doesn't make a lick of sense either. The Mustang doesn't tow, and so there is no need to command each individual gear. Double-pull on the paddles, or long-pull is more than plenty to 'toggle' between logic modes. A shifter selector notch is just pointless.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ever hear of voice commands? Seriously how many times do you change your HVAC controls once you are on the road.
all the time. And have you tried USING the pathetic and slow and inaccurate so-called voice commands? It's a feature that just needs to be eliminated. Buttons or nothing.

voice-assist is an EXTRA and NEVER to be used as the primary interface.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
all the time. And have you tried USING the pathetic and slow and inaccurate so-called voice commands? It's a feature that just needs to be eliminated. Buttons or nothing.
Now that's hysterical. Get rid of voice commands in the 21st Century. I agree they could be better but I use them all the time. Better than taking my eyes off the road. And yes, of course, I'd prefer buttons. But we both know that is not happening.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Why can't we get a bigger/taller set of paddle shifters like in the Raptor?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 20220411_181330

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There needs to be at least 2 each of USB-C and USB-A. There are 2 people in a car + dash accessories. A 110V 3-prong NEMA would be nice. My F150 has one, why the hell doesn't every car?

And HELL NO to god-damn wireless charging horse-sh*t. God created cables. The only wireless powersource is the Sun.
Actually Ajay Bhatt created USB.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
BMW M4 starts at $72K. Also know that BMW charges for everything so add another $10-20K in options. The S650 GT base will most likely start in the low 40's. Apple and oranges.
M4 isn't really a competitor to the GT anyway, the M440i is, and that I can see it being relatively close in price with a GT, with the M440i being slightly more expensive.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots S6502024

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Wasn't MagRide setting on the 350 a Shock icon.
This looks more like the exhaust icon from the 350 that was a toggle.

I think its more a status on the screen showing what mode you are in.
In this case 'MyMode' with Active Exhaust icon.