• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dev Lead: Alright, I need some fresh designs on the new S650 platform
Intern: That Acura front end design coul....
Dev Lead: Sold
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangGang93

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I've been looking at this a bit more, and the more I do, the more it is beginning to look like this is some sort of start-up screen graphic for the either the center stack display or dashboard display. Anyone else getting that impression?
It’s a screen graphic for sure! We will get full car graphics in between modes similar to the Bronco Raptor.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Yes, the GT350 is almost Perfect when it comes to Cohesive Design Elements. All the Lines have somewhere to Go and don’t just stop for no reason, compared to the GT.
1649943799011.jpeg

1649944165495.jpeg
Yup...absolutely got both right 100% and IMHO it's just gone downhill from there with the exception of the GT500, which I still prefer the GT350 to though. The S650 looks to be trying to do something like the lower half of the GT350 but with angular shapes/ducts/vents and a lower grill that I'm not a fan of so far. It'll always end up looking much better in person versus anything we get to see beforehand, but I dunno if I'm really going to like it that as much by comparison from where it appears to be headed.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not necessarily a bezel but just the edge of the actual screen....
InkedS650 2023 Mustang EcoBoost Interior Spyshot 33_LI.jpg
It’s a screen graphic for sure! We will get full car graphics in between modes similar to the Bronco Raptor.
Yeah that's fair, I see it now.
Kind of a start-up graphic probably, like we have on the digital clusters. Might be model specific as the Bullitt has a dedicated Bullitt one, F150 and Raptor and Bronco do too..

So probably the model/graphic drives across the screen and brings up your cluster with it.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Any guess on what the fender badge is? Obviously not the same 5.0 we’ve had.
I was wondering this myself! Can't quite tell what it says... kind of looks like it shows 2.3? Maybe 4.3? I don't think that would be the GT version though, maybe a sporty ecoboost?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S197 Portions and Design Cues on a S550 Wheelbase and Track with some New Edge inspiration from the ‘99-2000 Cobra R.

Ford is about to change the rules again, don’t be like one of the guys from 2013 that said the S550 was an Accord and a Fushion. 🤣🤣🤣

Nobody here can discuss “Design philosophy” only seeing a headshot of the fascia. 🙄 It is embarrassing to watch these people wiggle once they are forced to like it once they see it. 🤢🤮
Actually, The first Teaser online (from M6G) of the Blue S550 with the Red Blade Tail Lights is what Sold me.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649973038990

I was considering an Accord Coupe at the time. After seeing the Red Fastback at the February 2014 Jacksonville Auto Show, my expectations were confirmed.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649973233701

Didn't realize however that the fit and finish, mostly Exterior Panels, of the Show Car would continue with the Production Cars, even to this day, although they have improved quite a lot.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1649973274453

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
You literally took the opinion out of my mind and the words straight out of my mouth...

I have a 2015 and LOVE it because everything from front to back/side to side is a coherent flow and it literally looks like one singular object versus multiple sides/panels/a front and back, etc. The 2018 redesign killed that...the front end looks grafted on and doesn't fit the rest of the vehicle the same way IMHO, with the gaping lower grill/lights/huge angular ducts and "Darth Vader helmet" design language. I honestly hate the 2018s on up; it was an idea that had to be compromised onto a previous idea. Considering where the S550 started from with the higher hood and gen 1 silhouette/stance, it was just an awkward compromise to try and shoe-horn a lowered downward sloping front end onto it years later after the fact. They needed to adjust the whole car to pull off something like that correctly.

But as far as the S650 goes...I think it'll be alright, but it doesn't have the same sort of "flow" as the S550 for the same reasons that you've noted. I do NOT like the bottom grill shape and how it doesn't work with the upper grill to complete a singular shape...it's the same thing repeated and just looks odd/needs to take into account the two side vents to complete the GT350-ish "smiley face". I also don't like the upper area where the grill meets the hood, which is sort of a very straight and hard line without any real flow...it's there to attract attention and to interrupt the rest of the grill area, but I don't know why you would really want to do that. The initial S550 design just does it all so easily and without clutter; and I like the GT500 old school gaping upper grill shape and always have. I'm just not a fan of all the angles/squared look/etc of the S650 and don't feel like it'll have the same sort of "100% organic and fluid" flow of the 2015 S550's original design. Not a fan of the three LED headlights...this trend makes cars look like spiders and I liked how projectors created literal "eyes"; not a fan of the light strips vs round fog lights and massive open vents/areas with nothing in them, etc. Also not a fan of the driver-centered asymmetric interior that we'll be getting with more squares and rectangular shapes as the design focus.

Dunno, and it is way too freakishly early with not much to go by...but I'm probably going to keep my S550 and plan on replacing it with an electric Mustang later on. I think the S650's first iteration will be better than the S550's refresh design as far as overall complete look goes, but I'm thinking it is probably just not going to be for me. But it really does look like Ford went back to the original S550 and tried to work with that/make a second attempt at a refresh of sorts.

Kemal penned a killer design IMHO and 100% nailed it...love those early sketches and the finished product stayed close enough to be true/to have gotten it right.
I agree with you. I too have a 2015 GT and I still get compliments. One person and his young son recently commented that they liked my car over the new Mustangs on the lot! I realize it is indeed early, but from what I have seen so far of the S650 (interior and exterior) I am not excited. I think the 21-22 Mach1 corrected the 18 refreshed front end for me. Again, only my opinions...

Babygirlstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Surprised no one’s said it. You can see obvious cues from the Explorer ST line. Very corporate branding design across Ford’s models.

I like it, as I did the S550 when it first was revealed. This is just a leak anyway, and we all know the aftermarket will allow all of us to make it how we like it.

4C466FD3-F9C0-4973-B31A-6568C032B07E.jpeg
The GT is SICK!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤
SICK!!!!!!! Love it! I can’t wait for my V8

PRO-630HD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Caliber
GT will be beautiful!

s650-mustang-gt-front-end.jpeg
That is the most atrocious thing I have ever seen! It is beyond disproportionate. It is simply Godawful! I personally don't think it is accurate at all. This looks like a real bad photoshop. If it is real Camaro, Corvette and Charger sales are bound to pick up!

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
After looking at this GT version more I’m starting to like it, a lot more that the original S550 when it came out. Honestly kind of excited to see the whole thing
Sponsored