• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Mustang Fanboi Thread

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
Wow! I like it WAY more than I thought I would. I could see myself dailying that gray/blue (Vapor Blue is the name?) GT coupe, or maybe a Dark Horse if it comes in that color, with a blower and maybe more aggressive cams.

They fixed the entire back half of the ugly European looking S550 IMHO. It looks a million times better! Especially the taillights. The front end also looks better and more aggressive than the S550 GT.

I'm not a fan of the iPad interior trend, either, but given everything else about the new S650, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Overall, I think this is a HUGE improvement over the S550 GT and just might be my next daily driver.

Thank you Ford!!!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The Tremec is in the DarkHorse and I think is a bad move not to offer in standard in all models.
One thing I always wondered about is...does Tremec actually have the production capability to manufacture the 3160 in sufficient quantity for Ford to use it as standard equipment? And if it were to be offered as an option would Tremec need to add production facilities to build it? And what about the changes to the line at Flat Rock? It sounds easy to just say swap it out but production is far more difficult than it may seem.

Anyway, we got what we got. Buy it, don't buy. Your choice.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
It seems to be almost natural law that the better a new Mustang variant looks the louder some voices cry out that it looks too much like a Charger or Camaro.

Honestly, the front ends of Camaros have been pretty tragic for a while now - but other than that, any dislike I have for them doesn't have a thing to do with the exterior styling.

Although, the current generation Camaro is the only convertible I've ever managed to bump my head on when getting out with the top down.

Or, to be even more flippant about it: ain't like Dodge or Chevy are gonna be using any of these lines for much longer. Somebody may as well. :crackup:

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All the matte black on the front of the Dark Horse (utterly hate that name) makes it look really bad IMO. the GT Looks a bit better, but the EcoBoost, sadly, is the best looking of the generation so far.
I thought it was awesome that they managed to physically differentiate the ecoboost from the V8 without making the eco look worse/boring in comparison

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
It seems to be almost natural law that the better a new Mustang variant looks the louder some voices cry out that it looks too much like a Charger or Camaro.

Honestly, the front ends of Camaros have been pretty tragic for a while now - but other than that, any dislike I have for them doesn't have a thing to do with the exterior styling.

Although, the current generation Camaro is the only convertible I've ever managed to bump my head on when getting out with the top down.

Or, to be even more flippant about it: ain't like Dodge or Chevy are gonna be using any of these lines for much longer. Somebody may as well. :crackup:
It doesn't look anything like a Camaro or a Dodge. it looks 100% Mustang to me.... i love the rear end. It may take a while for the front end to grow on me.

I'm stoked we're getting a generation 4 5.0. With gas prices, the fact we've already had three generations of the coyote, and the so called green evolution....I honestly thought they'd kill the V8 option. I know sooner or later we're going to lose it as the government will put down such harsh emissions requirements that V8s are history....

Kudos to Ford though for going down fighting putting out the most potent 5.0 ever.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
It doesn't look anything like a Camaro or a Dodge. it looks 100% Mustang to me.... i love the rear end. It may take a while for the front end to grow on me.

I'm stoked we're getting a generation 4 5.0. With gas prices, the fact we've already had three generations of the coyote, and the so called green evolution....I honestly thought they'd kill the V8 option. I know sooner or later we're going to lose it as the government will put down such harsh emissions requirements that V8s are history....

Kudos to Ford though for going down fighting putting out the most potent 5.0 ever.
Exactly.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm wondering if the black pieces underneath the headlights of the Dark Horse are part of a DH-specific appearance pack or if they're mandatory with being a Dark Horse.

Honestly though I can't see myself driving, let alone affording, a Dark Horse. Considering I'm a very conservative driver, do I need or even want all the track-ready stuff for daily driving duties? Maybe the GT would be more up my alley as far as V8 accessibility goes, without overwhelming me all at once with high level performance stuff. And of course...do I stick with auto or finally learn manual? So much to think about over the next few years...😖

(Glad I'm not in the market until 2025, or 2024 at the absolute earliest if a metallic white or personally appealing metallic green becomes available for the S650 by then.)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads