• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!]

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
It would be nice if we could get some answers from ford. They never actually said a start job 1 date. We don't know who long they have been in production. It seems like from the blend dates on the window stickers. Last week was the first week of production. I'm going to try and make it back up there next weekend. To see if any of those did get shipped out. A local at Flat Rock said they have a chip shortage for the mustangs..that's why they are just parked there. I don't know if that true. We could definitely see them be able to drive them.
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Is this a Grabber Blue Ford GT or a C8 Corvette hiding by the dumpsters in the first few seconds of the video?

S650 Mustang S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!] 1686576704569

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
It would be nice if we could get some answers from ford. They never actually said a start job 1 date. We don't know who long they have been in production. It seems like from the blend dates on the window stickers. Last week was the first week of production. I'm going to try and make it back up there next weekend. To see if any of those did get shipped out. A local at Flat Rock said they have a chip shortage for the mustangs..that's why they are just parked there. I don't know if that true. We could definitely see them be able to drive them.
Chip shortage? Ugh. That's really unfortunate. Your masterful drone flying has answered so many questions already, and I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for doing what you're doing to investigate the plant for us. Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next week or two.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Cool vid. What else is going on around the dumpsters.

However I'll be the one to ask it, and probably get booed for it... but...

Isn't this the same as trespassing, just by air and mechanical means?

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Cool vid. What else is going on around the dumpsters.

However I'll be the one to ask it, and probably get booed for it... but...

Isn't this the same as trespassing, just by air and mechanical means?
Its not trespassing. They don't own the air. Just like I can fly it over you house and look in the back yard. But what you can't do is stalk. It states you can flow over but you can't stay in the same spot and watch someone. The drone laws are debatable. Not really clear on much. But what I did could be frond on. What I mean , is hard core drone pilots what not approve what I did. And I'm sure ford does not approve. All good no hard feelings

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Booooooo !!! LOL

thanks for the videos, appreciate it!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Its not trespassing. They don't own the air. Just like I can fly it over you house and look in the back yard. But what you can't do is stalk. It states you can flow over but you can't stay in the same spot and watch someone. The drone laws are debatable. Not really clear on much. But what I did could be frond on. What I mean , is hard core drone pilots what not approve what I did. And I'm sure ford does not approve. All good no hard feelings
As I understand drone operations as long as the pilot is not operating in restricted airspace (Class G only) or over a large assemblage of people (weight specific for the drone) then there is no violation that would render the pilot in trouble with the FAA, but correct me if I'm wrong?

OP
OP

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
As I understand drone operations as long as the pilot is not operating in restricted airspace (Class G only) or over a large assemblage of people (weight specific for the drone) then there is no violation that would render the pilot in trouble with the FAA, but correct me if I'm wrong?
Yep. Mine is a sub 250 gram drone. And DJI. Won't let it fly in a restricted air space. That why a lot of people don't like DJI drones.

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
These are some cool shots but just a heads..
The plants are federal trade zones.. So be careful and hope Ford doesn’t get the itch to come at you.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
These are some cool shots but just a heads..
The plants are federal trade zones.. So be careful and hope Ford doesn’t get the itch to come at you.
I'm part 107 certified. If it's not specifically controlled airspace, I don't see any law preventing him from flying a drone over that space. Most modern GPS operated drones wouldn't even allow him to fly over a restricted space

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I'm part 107 certified. If it's not specifically controlled airspace, I don't see any law preventing him from flying a drone over that space. Most modern GPS operated drones wouldn't even allow him to fly over a restricted space
I too am certified and agree airports and such would be geofenced.. Just saying I would be careful. As low as he was flying is trespassing.
and it’s still a federal trade zone no matter if it’s fenced or not.

I like the video and pix.. just telling the OP to be careful

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
Where are all the comments from the panel gap police? JK I don't want to poke the bear. :crackup:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Here is a screenshot from a drone app called Aloft. The air above FRAP is unrestricted. Just have to follow typical drone rules for the unrestricted space
S650 Mustang S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!] IMG_1777
Sponsored