• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Aftermarket Sound System

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
Agree for the most part, especially about Pioneer, but I'm not so enthused about the names you tossed out. McIntosh and Krell, especially, are like royalty in the audio world, but where it counts they're not that different - and sometimes not as good - as other names. I'll take a Marantz anytime over a McIntosh and save the money. JBL used to be king of the hill until they went mass market and started churning out garbage.

I'm kinda old school, and have not done any shopping recently, but I think JL Audio, Polk, and Pioneer could make really good drivers for the mustang. I also wonder what would it take to get Bob Carver to jump into car amplifiers. His tracking down-converter amps (Sunfire) are perfectly suited due to their compact package and low heat. Couple that with Audissey and DSP controls and you have the makings of a reference audio system. Hey, a guy can dream...
Mtx subs, pioneer speakers and kenwood amps was my recipe.
Sponsored

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
I may have missed it, but has anyone put together a confirmed full list of speaker sizes. I found the info below but they were taking a gues.

I'm going to make (probably accurate) guesses.
Center dash: 3" midrange
A pillars: 3/4" tweeters
Upper door: 1-2" twiddler and 4" midrange
Back dash: 6 1/2" midbass for the lows
Sub: 10”

Last edited:

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Best way to describe the B&O is.....

If you are not an audiophile, then it will be good enough for you. Maybe even impress you.

If you are, or just like LOUD music and bass, in general, it will not satisfy you.

As mentioned, it is clear and crisp if you will, but just doesn't have the volume or punch needed.

I have a Skar Audio EVL 12 D2 in a custom birch box, Skar Audio 1500.1M and Audio Control LC7i that I will likely be adding to mine. For now, the rest of the B&O will suffice. My only qualm is, I do not want to really put that very heavy sub and enclosure in the trunk, and boat anchor the car LOL. I was looking at the JL Stealth box option. Not sure if that will hit hard enough for my tastes.

Nice install to the OP
If you are a TRUE AUDIOPHILE you should know changing the Speakers is just taking a Shortcut.
The Wire content is just as important if not more important than the Speakers.
Audiophiles I know use Silver Wire.
Yes very expensive but when you spend thousands of dollars for B&W Silver Signature Speakers, twenty five years ago, what’s a few thousand for wire?
It’s a Muscle Car.🚙
Do you want to hear the Loud cheap Bass with a little music in between or the Coyote sound?
I’ve done the speaker before.
A waste of money unless you go all out and keep the 🚘..
I know it’s not my money.
Just my$.02.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you are a TRUE AUDIOPHILE you should know changing the Speakers is just taking a Shortcut.
Yes very expensive but when you spend thousands of dollars for B&W Silver Signature Speakers, twenty five years ago, what’s a few thousand for wire?
It’s a Muscle Car.🚙
Do you want to hear the Loud cheap Bass with a little music in between or the Coyote sound?
Just my$.02.
The Timberline I traded for the Mustang had $2000 in install labor. Every facet of the system was upgraded. So I get al that. LOL

Klipshpoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
It’s a Muscle Car.🚙
Just my$.02.
Even at the highest end of Car Audio people are not running silver speaker wire. Possibly there are competition sound quality cars out there that have it. Fact is the stock wires are perfectly suitable for most upgrades, even with amplification.

My last car had a massive sound system in it (similar to the OP). After a year or so, I realized it was a total waste of $$$ cause my windows were always down, and I was much more interested in the sound of a pair of Borla S type cutbacks.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Even at the highest end of Car Audio people are not running silver speaker wire. Possibly there are competition sound quality cars out there that have it. Fact is the stock wires are perfectly suitable for most upgrades, even with amplification.

My last car had a massive sound system in it (similar to the OP). After a year or so, I realized it was a total waste of $$$ cause my windows were always down, and I was much more interested in the sound of a pair of Borla S type cutbacks.
I know where you’re coming from.
Once you do it you’ll wonder why did I do that?
Silver Speaker wire is your car is a little overboard and not realistic.
It was a terrible example.
I was referring to home audio systems.
Please except my apologies?
Sponsored

Last edited: