• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Upgrading the B&O Sound System

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
Are there any improvements you’ve made to the sound system? From roughly inspecting the set up, it looks like the OEM system doesn’t have any sort of amplifier for the speakers or the sub. They all seemed to be powered and equalized by the head unit.

I might start with a mono amp and a sub. Debating on swapping the enclosure for a wooden assy but I’ve heard people have had significant improvements retrofitting a sub to the existing plastic one.
Sponsored

scainerrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I know JL Audio makes a stealthbox for the subwoofer in the truck. I'm looking into this as well but I have to make sure it will fit a '24 dark horse.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just did this swap and, in my ears, is a drastic improvement over the stock B&O sub. No, it's not a massive boom shaking your windows and trunk lid, but the bass comes in well around level 11 and my back really feels is at 14. Never had to turn down the radio at a stop light, now I do so I don't feel stupid jamming out being a 50 year old 😂.

Fyi, I broke every clip but 1 on the trim ring, lol. Followed every bit of advice in the 550 thread, but obviously am not patient enough. This grille and a little velcro settled it in perfectly. Great investment for around $100.00.
S650 Mustang Upgrading the B&O Sound System 20240422_203446

OP
OP

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
Anybody installed an amp to the OEM box? I’m thinking about wiring one. When you drop the mids & raise the treble/lows, you get crazy bass….. but high mids and treble gets you crisp sound. Thinking about getting a separate amp to drive the lows better.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Anybody installed an amp to the OEM box? I’m thinking about wiring one. When you drop the mids & raise the treble/lows, you get crazy bass….. but high mids and treble gets you crisp sound. Thinking about getting a separate amp to drive the lows better.
If you figure that out, please let us know how you did it (no sarcasm). I've looked everywhere for that exact thing and have come up with nothing. I've got friends who have the B&O system in other vehicles, have gone to stereo shops. All have ended up with separate sub and amp systems with a stand alone dial mounted within reach to adjust the gains. To the tune of $1,200 to $1,500... golf clubs are a tight fit already, no way they'd fit with a big ole box full of subs 😂. Adding the Pioneer sub, was my way to go, and more than pleased
S650 Mustang Upgrading the B&O Sound System 20240422_211918

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Hmm, I've found the stock B&O audio to be just fine. Maybe I don't have the "young" ears anymore..:wink:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Hmm, I've found the stock B&O audio to be just fine. Maybe I don't have the "young" ears anymore..:wink:
The main issue with the stock sub is the bass is flabby and boomy. The speaker is a VERY cheap paper cone and it just pushes out a lot of 60Hz poorly controlled noise. The Pioneer is much tighter and more musical without being much louder.
Sponsored