• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

B&O vs Upgrading 9 speaker system

FLHPEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VW Taos
So I will be ordering my 2024 in a couple of months and I am on the fence between getting a premium with the b&o vs the base with the 9 speaker system and upgrading it. What is everyone’s opinion?
Sponsored

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
So I will be ordering my 2024 in a couple of months and I am on the fence between getting a premium with the b&o vs the base with the 9 speaker system and upgrading it. What is everyone’s opinion?
I always want a good sound system in my cars (I have had MANY) so I am willing to spend extra for the premium audio system. In the case of my 24 Mustang GT I really like the B&O system. It has great clarity and good power. Some think it should have more speakers but I haven't felt it needs them. An aftermarket system will play louder and hit harder but probably wont be better per say imo.

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
I enjoy the B&O system. I don't have young ears anymore, they're more mature, lol. I can appreciate the clarity at high levels and just the right bass for my taste. 👍

mpeugeot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang, 2.7 Bronco, F355
Save your money and upgrade the stock system. The non-B&O system in the Mustang is far better than I expected.

I heard the B&O in the Mustang, and it was not all that, but it is better than the 9 speaker system. That said, the 9 speaker system is far easier to upgrade than the B&O system, should you find the B&O system lacking.

The issue is that the B&O dsp/amp is fairly limited. You can get a2b dsp/amps, but they are more expensive (I had to do this in my Bronco).

I had 2 Broncos for a while, one with the B&O and one without. The non-B&O Bronco was less expensive to upgrade and sounded so much better than the B&O system... To the point that I spent roughly 50% more money to upgrade it to essentially match the upgraded system in the non-B&O Bronco.

I am assuming that the Mustang is roughly the same regarding the audio system infrastructure. I am probably not wrong with this assumption either, for example, I recently traded in the non-B&O Bronco on a non-B&O F-150 - everything transferred perfectly including all the wiring harnesses (fully pin compatible). Probably would be true for the Mustang too.

I might add, ignore Ford's speaker counting math. They count 2-way speakers as 2 speakers.
Sponsored