• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
My car is the one that Ford is wanting to replace the motor in. Would put me approximately 2 or 3 months without my car. The dealer has found a car just like mine but with gray seats. I’m mulling it over. They remind me of the seats in my 2015 Limited Edition that were white. Only issue was blue jeans causing bluish marks on seats
sucks to hear about your motor, at least Ford is replacing it. havent worn jeans in the car yet but havent seen any color rub from clothes that i do wear, granted i have a leather protectant applied to the seats as well so they should be fine for a while
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They wan
sucks to hear about your motor, at least Ford is replacing it. havent worn jeans in the car yet but havent seen any color rub from clothes that i do wear, granted i have a leather protectant applied to the seats as well so they should be fine for a while
Ford wants to replace the motor but I want the car replaced. This issue started with 214 miles on it. For me to be out of my brand new car for 2 or 3 months is extremely disappointing. My dealer is trying to locate a car to my liking and do a buy back to get me out of mine and into another

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They wan

Ford wants to replace the motor but I want the car replaced. This issue started with 214 miles on it. For me to be out of my brand new car for 2 or 3 months is extremely disappointing. My dealer is trying to locate a car to my liking and do a buy back to get me out of mine and into another
if the dealer managed to get a car and the only difference is the gray seats id personally say get it, best case you get a decent car with a much brighter interior, worst case youll get seats that arent noticeable while sitting in the car, and arent too bright when tint is applied. Only real issue would be the jeans thing you mentioned.

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
if you start it with remote start it starts in default mode due to it not loading the quite mode settings first
My 2018 gr didn't do that, and his review seemed to indicate he was remote starting in quiet mode. I put an x-pipe on so normal mode is quite a bit louder on cold starts

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2018 gr didn't do that, and his review seemed to indicate he was remote starting in quiet mode. I put an x-pipe on so normal mode is quite a bit louder on cold starts
mine will roar loud on initial ignition like any normal V8 on cold start, but then immediately go silent when it starts

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This is how my 2020 GT500 and 2021 Mach 1 both started with the remote. If I started it from inside I would push button with foot off the brake first, in accessory mode and I could hear the valves cycle. Once I heard that and started it was quiet from startup

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
mine will roar loud on initial ignition like any normal V8 on cold start, but then immediately go silent when it starts
I get that and that's normal mine never gets quiet until I turn it on inside the car. It's so weird

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that and that's normal mine never gets quiet until I turn it on inside the car. It's so weird
yeah, thats strange. Only thing i can think of is that you accidentally turned quiet start off in the settings, or you accidentally swapped the times around. Definitely have the dealer look at it, thats gotta be a bug if its not either of those two

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
its a mixture of a lack of consumer education, and dealer lobbying/government regulations. in the US if you want a new car by law you must go through a dealer, its illegal for car companies to sell direct to consumers
I’ve never seen a Tesla dealership

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, that's strange. The only thing I can think of is that you accidentally turned the quiet start off in the settings, or you accidentally swapped the times around. Definitely have the dealer look at it. That gotta be a bug if it's not either of those two
I know the times are set correctly since it defaults to quiet when I start the car inside. Thinking about it now, I did set my car key to detect my personal settings when I get in. I will try and turn off that feature since the car has memory seats anyway. Not sure if that's it, but worth a try, I guess.

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 5.0 Premium, NPP/PP
whats the whine noise youre hearing? i started getting a little whine/whistle under idle that sounds like a belt or something in the front of the engine. couldnt really pin it down and dont want to bring it to a dealer yet but i did post a video here for opinions on it if yours sounds similar

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
They wan

I had issues with the paint on mine, chips and scratches from transport. They sent it to a body shop for repairs which took two weeks. Got the car back and it still wasn’t satisfactory. My dealer did the right thing, they ordered me another car and I get to drive this one until the replacement car gets here. They understood that you shouldn’t have to have a special order, brand new car repainted. Hopefully they get you a new one and give you a loaner to use while you wait. Dealers don’t want bad reviews out there. It may take some bickering back and forth but at the end of the day they want a happy customer.
Sponsored