• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed>GT PP2 >RXCAIL2
I would take the Dodge/sedan version over the Mach E/suv version anyday

mustang.png
So I actuality saw one of these in traffic today stuck out like a sore thumb. Cheap looking little turd. Did not know what it was at first, then spotted the tiny little pony center stage. At least the Mustang logo on the Mustang is 2x's larger FWIW

Look at it, there no other trim, this thing could g,o down in history as did the relaunch of the 2 seater T bird several years back.

But there are the great unwashed, that look for crap like this to drive
As a used car salesmen once told me there is an ass for every seat. More proof of that.
Sponsored

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Great pictures!

Yes, the issue is, indeed, the name.

None of the rest of the examples cited are similar: the Panamera is not a 911 sub-model (i.e., it bears a different name). Charger and Challenger have a simple distinguishing feature between them (2-door vs. 4-door), etc. etc.

I get your point about Porsche's history, and am fortunate to have learned a little about the marque's evolution as well: note the dash cam video taken from my previous GT350 while driving past the Porsche museum (slightly dated--terrible audio) and the picture taken during a Sunday drive with some friends along the same Black Forest route Porsche uses to road test Panameras. I believe your Porsche examples reinforce my point.

Ironically, although I've owned a few, a 1st Gen coupe and my previous and current GT350s among them, I'm not a die hard Mustang fan. I am, however, a fan of the historical personality and believe this is an instance where tradition matters. Ford owns the name, but Mustang is an American legend.

Just a humble opinion and friendly discussion about something that may never happen...

1614843717653.png

1614844154584.png
@Caballus, your video brought back memories of some of the 7 years I was stationed in West Germany, as it was known back then. I also visited the Porsche museum and dealership (in the Zuffenhausen section of Stuttgart, if memory serves) in the mid-1970s. I don't know when you took the video, but the Porsche building looks different than what my very vague memory recalls, not surprising after all these years.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I just had to say "thanks for the memories"!

Edit - P.S.: Enjoy the speed-limit free sections of the autobahn while you still can! I miss them to this day.

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Why wouldn't they just bring back the Taurus?
Because the name Taurus has no meaning for most customers. The Mustang name on the other hand is huge, especially for international markets. A 4-door Mustang will easily outsell a similiar car named Taurus.

My Camaro will be paid off in a few years, so I would be totally in for a 4-door V6- oder V8-hybrid Mustang as a daily driver. Honestly if the only option would be Fusion I would much likely prefer a young Audi S5 Sportback or wait what the nextgen Charger will be like

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Sadly, names like Thunderbird, Maverick, Falcon, Galaxie, Toreno, etc. no longer have meaning for many Ford fans, or even general car fans. Most of those with the money to spend on these names (aka, those in late 30s to mid 50s) would barely remember these names, or only as bloated land yachts or what we see on "resurrection" shows where they take a beater and turn it into something else. Names like Taurus and Fusion are not special in my heart because I associate them with mass produced commuter cars that have no soul. Maybe I never drove the right one, but to me, every single one I drove was drab and boring. At least my 97 Thunderbird had a bit of spirit...an anemic spirit that would have benefitted from more horsepower and torque (aka, I should have installed that supercharger for the 4.6)..but it was a driver oriented car. V8, independent suspension, a comfortable ride, but still one that communicated what you were driving on, etc. One of the most under-rated cars of the 90s.

Maybe a some of the old Mercury names might be better? Marauder, Cougar, or Cyclone...doubt it

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For a company that is intent on leaning on the Icons, they've had a checkered past recently.

The Galaxie.......a brilliant iconic sedan from the 60s.........turned into the Galaxy of the 2000s..........the Cougar a brilliant iconic Mercury pony car......turned into a small Kuga SUV in the 2010s......

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options Galaxy

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options Kuga 1

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
The Falcon name still resonates here in Australia, and New Zealand. The Falcon was our Ford 4-door ‘Mustang’ from the 1960s right up until Falcon production was discontinued in 2016. The Ford Performance Vehicles versions were particularly hot.

Ford head office took over the Ford Performance moniker, so why not reclaim the Falcon name as well? But we are a tiny marketplace here and I guess the substantial Falcon history here does not count for much in the Ford world. Oh well, I can dream at least..

S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 2014-fpv-351-gt-f_100469093_l

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
For a company that is intent on leaning on the Icons, they've had a checkered past recently.

The Galaxie.......a brilliant iconic sedan from the 60s.........turned into the Galaxy of the 2000s..........the Cougar a brilliant iconic Mercury pony car......turned into a small Kuga SUV in the 2010s......
To be fair, the Cougar was already released as an ugly as hell thing in the 2000s:
S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1622192612379

But the Chevy Impala comes to mind. One of the coolest sedans slowly evolved to being a soulless boring vehicle. I would totally love if modern sedans would looke more like this:
S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1622192474081

Or like this:
S650 Mustang Rumor: S650 Mustang 4-Door Sedan Will Debut in 2022 with 3 Engine Options 1622192728057

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
The Falcon name still resonates here in Australia, and New Zealand. The Falcon was our Ford 4-door ‘Mustang’ from the 1960s right up until Falcon production was discontinued in 2016. The Ford Performance Vehicles versions were particularly hot.

Ford head office took over the Ford Performance moniker, so why not reclaim the Falcon name as well? But we are a tiny marketplace here and I guess the substantial Falcon history here does not count for much in the Ford world. Oh well, I can dream at least..

2014-fpv-351-gt-f_100469093_l.jpg
I would have purchased an Australian Falcon in a heartbeat. The only reason I didn't buy the Chevy SS was because it came out the year after I purchased my last car.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I thought that anyone would pick up the rumors about the S650 might come in in several variations like a four door (A7 / Panamera grand coupe design). But so far no one did…The Youtuber Matt Maran (I occasionally watch his videos and he doesn’t strike me like the kind of guy who would make that up but what do I know) claims that he got intel from a guy who has two “insiders” working for ford:

• Ford will release a grand coupe four door Mustang in 2022
  • Base-Powertrain will be the 2.3 ecoboost combined with the F150’s hybrid tech
  • Coyote V8 will be offered with a manual
  • The Powerboost V6 will be the top-end option in the four door sedan and it could pump out 500hp+
here's the link:
(I hope that is allowed otherwise please delete the link)

Now, if these rumors would turn out to be true, that would mean that the manual would be gone for the ecoboost and it would also indicate that the EU and Germany might not get another V8. Ford stated that from 2023 onwards all European cars will be at least hybrids. So we would get the ecoboost but only a minority of buyers would be interested in that…

To me the rumors fit in with what we “know” about the S650 already. I would expect the S650 to have a “mild” refreshed look, an upgraded interior (hopefully interior-quality will rise) and roughly all the engines that are offered right now. I would also expect a GT350-like car in 2023 with the voodoo engine. Maybe a “boss” version in some form. Why would I think so? It seems to me that Ford is not pushing the boundaries with the next generation. Many rumors indicate a “we can do it if it doesn’t cost us any money” policy… They do have the coyote engine, offering a manual option does not hurt and serves the fan-base; Ecoboost + F150 hybrid tech is also a no-brainer and would easily fit in the engine bay. AWD will most certainly be optional and hopefully a V8 hybrid for the European market (otherwise we would only get the ecoboost or the V6 in a best case scenario…)

Anyhow, these rumors do pick up the “Mustang as a brand” rumor that came up in 2018 and I’m really looking forward to some S650 facts ;)
Ford has been kicking this idea around for a while.
With the Mach-E coming to market I can see this happening.
Four doors and a hybrid trim option coming soon.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
So I haven't been keeping up with all the latest mustang news is there any confirmation whether the s650 will be a v8, hybrid, full electric? Or all of the above

Seems like all the reviews are purely speculation eg renderings

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think it's a pretty safe bet that S650 will use the new design language seen on the Evos and the sculpture first seen in China. Of course, we don't know exactly how that styling will be transferred to S650 but Ace's renderings at least give us something to go on and something to discuss whilst we wait. Otherwise, we've got nothing but tumbleweed :tumbleweed:

That's why I'm so anxious to see the first fully camo'd S650 prototypes, as that will at least give us a good indication of the proportions, even if the details will still be under wraps.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
To be fair, the Cougar was already released as an ugly as hell thing in the 2000s:

But the Chevy Impala comes to mind. One of the coolest sedans slowly evolved to being a soulless boring vehicle. I would totally love if modern sedans would looke more like this:
1622192474081.png
That Chevy Impala would be SWEET. I would buy that in a...heartbeat.
Sponsored