• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recent deliveries and holes

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Has anyone that in the last couple of weeks of taking delivery, noticed if their cars built after Jan 15, still have the holes cut at the lower inboard of the front wheel wells. All Job 1 S650s seemed to have had this done to them. I heard from somewhere that it was done to accommodate this system that the car moved on the assembly line. The system is now modified so no holes cut.
I did buy the repair kit that offered though DIYVAN here on the forum. My order is shipped and should be in a week or two.
Maybe I will not need it.
Thanks for any imput.
Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Has anyone that in the last couple of weeks of taking delivery, noticed if their cars built after Jan 15, still have the holes cut at the lower inboard of the front wheel wells. All Job 1 S650s seemed to have had this done to them. I heard from somewhere that it was done to accommodate this system that the car moved on the assembly line. The system is now modified so no holes cut.
I did buy the repair kit that offered though DIYVAN here on the forum. My order is shipped and should be in a week or two.
Maybe I will not need it.
Thanks for any imput.
I'm wondering where you heard that the system is now modified so there are no more holes? This would be great news if true. My Mustang is slated to be built at the end of this month and so I am very interested in hearing more about this. Hopefully this is true and we see some evidence that confirms this.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I took delivery of a GT convertible on March 1st that had been built on Feb 16. It has the same hole in the wheel wells that the earlier cars had and I will be ordering the repair kit.
S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes 2024 Mustang ShippedBL

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I guess my info is incorrect.
Glad I bought the repair kit.
The company that sells a kit is "DIYvan". They are one the web.
Nice, well designed kit includes JBWeld. Easy install. No wheel removal or lifting the car.

KABstang- How is your build, now defects found.
Thanks

BYBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Just saw a Darkhorse yesterday that got delivered last week. Still has the holes. I pointed it out to the salesman.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
Nice, well designed kit includes JBWeld. Easy install. No wheel removal or lifting the car.

Thanks
I drove my car from the dealership to my house and other than taking it out of the garage to wash it, it will remain in the garage until the last of the snow/salty roads are gone, which will be about the end of March. There are only 25 kms (about 15 miles) on the car. It seemed to drive fine on the way home, and all of the screens and AV exhaust seem to work fine, and I was able to pair my phone and set up the Ford Pass app. Looking forward to driving it in better weather.

After washing the car, I went over every inch, inside and out, and in the engine compartment and trunk. No issues with any of the panel gaps, or overall paint quality. No scratches or marks anywhere inside or out. All fluids where they should be.

Two very minor issues. The push fastener at the back right of the trunk was loose and when I pushed it in, it was not catching anything. There is a paint bubble at the top right side of the rear license plate opening. I will mention both to the service department when I bring the car in, but you cannot see the paint bubble unless you bent down, and trying to fix it may make more of a mess than just leaving it. If the paint starts to peel, I will ask that they fix it.

Here is a picture of the paint bubble - curious as to whether or not it is a one off, or a paint application issue.

S650 Mustang Recent deliveries and holes IMG_7771

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
What repair kit are you talking about? Can you post a link please?
I would ask your dealer what HE’S going to do about it. It’s not your fault nor his. Problem he is a Ford dealer yet Ford won’t admit to it. He can charge a kit to Ford for some other BS he did to your car. A win win.
I took delivery of a GT convertible on March 1st that had been built on Feb 16. It has the same hole in the wheel wells that the earlier cars had and I will be ordering the repair kit.
2024 Mustang ShippedBL.jpeg

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
We received a new GT at our dealership yesterday, I looked and the holes are there on it as well.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

Thanks
I am curious where you got that info about a fix for the front wheel well holes? You sounded pretty specific with the date and that the process had changed? Maybe your info is correct and a change is coming but it just hasn't been implemented yet? Probably not the case but we can dream.

I was so hoping you were correct and that my Mustang being built at the end of March wouldn't have these holes...

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Can confirm that the holes are there on ours. Picked up from dealer on 3/28.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They jacked the price up from $75. Glad I got it when I did. Now I need a Mustang to put them on.
Sponsored