• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality Issues?

Quality Issues?

• Total voters

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
The biggest issue mine had was that after the first month, the passenger door started rubbing on the front fender when opening. It caused the paint on the door to start chipping off. I took it in for service, and the dealer had to send it off to a paint shop. I didn't get it back for two weeks, but they did fix it.

Some of the panels are slightly off as well, particularly the hood and the fenders and the trunk area. But nothing you really see unless you're looking for it. There is one panel on the inside at the back of the car that is also misaligned, but I'm afraid the dealer will make it worse if I take it in for them to start ripping it apart.

There have also been a few weird glitches with the dash screen. A few times now the infotainment screen has failed to come on, and I get weird alerts on occasion like collision assist warnings or a warning that the front camera needs servicing. There was also one that didn't let me change exhaust modes because "this feature is not currently available." But those issues tend to self-resolve.

Bottom of the spoiler was also missing a bit of paint, but they gave me a paint pen to touch it up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@The Ghost I've made note, thanks for sharing. Any regrets? Do it again?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I would. I drove my S197 V6 for 18 years and always knew I would wait for a new generation Mustang to get a GT. With the 2024 the time was right, and I was able spec it out completely the way I wanted. Despite the issues I'm having a blast with it!

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I can relate. I'm still riding BULZAYE. Wasn't until now (15 years later) that I decided to pick up a new custom-built steed.

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
@jexsk Would you mind sharing your story? I would really like to know.
Yeah absolutely

About two weeks after having the car it started dying on me. Long story short I have the battery replaced under warranty. Thankfully I always keep a lithium jump pack with me so was never stranded. Dealership replaced same day so no time without car.

Very minor paint and panel gap issues which I haven’t even mention on the forums until now. Not going to bother getting fixed because they are very minor but they are there.

Noise from rear of the car that got progressively worse. Took to the dealership to diagnose and repair. Long terrible story short, they replace the rear passenger side shock. Was without a car for exactly one month.

Numerous issues with infotainment that I’m sure software update will fix but I’m still waiting.

Lastly is just the various rattles from plastic bits. Again this is minor but the thing is this isn’t exactly a cheap car. I paid less money for my Audi S5 for comparison and that thing was solid.

All that to say this though. I still love this car, flaws and all and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I generally shy away from first year model purchases primarily to give it time to shake out all the bugs. This time, however, I am going against the grain and jumping in early. That said, I am fairly concerned about the quality of the 24MY.

@roket Is maintaining a list of Recalls, SSMs and TSBs and frankly there seems to be a lot of them. I have seen a smattering of issues reported from early adopters both cosmetic and/or functional/mechanical. However, I have also read from some others that they haven't experienced any issues at all.

I am still waiting to take delivery of my order. For those that already have, what has been your experience?
I have the same general rule as you do as far as avoiding first year models of a new generation. I have an order in but am leaning towards not picking it up and ordering again early next year. Like you I'm alarmed at the number of quality issues I've seen on here. Reports of the car dying are especially concerning. I had one car in my life die on me on the road. It was traded in the following week on another car. That is one thing I will simply not accept in a new car. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't want it and wait another year. Mine required no deposit and I'm sure they will be begging me to take it, but those are the breaks. These types of QC issues are exactly the reason to wait for a '25 IMO. My hope is all these issues are addressed in later model '24s and definitely in the 25 model year.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
Almost all the S650 Mustangs have a panel gap on the left side of the nose cone.

Is Ford blind and keep producing them that way or are they going on with it because the costumers don't care?

The nose cone looks very bad on almost 90% of the brand new Mustangs.
Here is a pic of mine. Because of the posts I had seen about panel gaps, I looked at that when the car arrived at the dealer. No issues that I could see.

S650 Mustang Quality Issues? HoodGaps

Last edited:

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I’m surprised the front inner fender wall holes in the Mustangs never made it as not as Priority.
No news from ford on this minor inconvenience. I was always told never buy the first year production of any vehicle… wait for 2nd or later. The bugs will be fixed hopefully.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
The whole nose cone fitment issue is interesting. Mine car was off on both sides. It looked like the hood was unlatched slightly. A quick adjustment and it looks great.

For ones with only a corner off, is it the bumper that is misfitted and you are adjusting the hood at an angle on one corner to make up for it or is it the hood that is misaligned and your are correcting for that?

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
The whole nose cone fitment issue is interesting. Mine car was off on both sides. It looked like the hood was unlatched slightly. A quick adjustment and it looks great.

For ones with only a corner off, is it the bumper that is misfitted and you are adjusting the hood at an angle on one corner to make up for it or is it the hood that is misaligned and your are correcting for that?
It looks like the cone is misaligned, but they change the hood to correct it. In my opinion not the right way ro fix it.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
It looks like the cone is misaligned, but they change the hood to correct it. In my opinion not the right way ro fix it.
I guess it is a lot easier to adjust the hood versus remove the bumper cover and realigning it. I still do not understand why dealers don't adjust this before you get there. It took me 15 minutes with watching the video.

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
When I was looking a couple months ago. Almost every car had huge gap on passenger side bumper corner and hood. I don’t get it. Why are they all off that much on passenger corner. Hopefully the ones recently aren’t shipped like that.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
S650 Mustang Quality Issues? 6GDwYSr

I don't notice any gaps on mine but there is a slight paint defect, the guy who it doing the PPF & ceramic noticed it, he said it was shrinkage.

There are the holes in the wheel well that can be an issue, I went and bought some plastic covers for those.

I do get weird sound sometimes when playing music from my phone, I also get it in my 2023 F 150 so I think it's the Sync 4 issue.

I am really enjoying this car and have zero regrets.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Noise from rear of the car that got progressively worse. Took to the dealership to diagnose and repair. Long terrible story short, they replace the rear passenger side shock. Was without a car for exactly one month.

All that to say this though. I still love this car, flaws and all and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
A month is a long time. I could barely stand to be without it for two weeks. And we still have to make payments when they're out of commission. When it's over $1K a month that hurts.

I’m surprised the front inner fender wall holes in the Mustangs never made it as not as Priority.
No news from ford on this minor inconvenience. I was always told never buy the first year production of any vehicle… wait for 2nd or later. The bugs will be fixed hopefully.
With my S197 I waited for the second year 2006 model. For this one, I hadn't purchased a car since so I was intent on getting it early what with 18 years of being patient. But yeah, generally that's probably best. If we're lucky enough to get an another generation of Mustang I'll skip the first model year and wait until the bugs are worked out.
Sponsored