• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is not job One at Flatrock

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
I have been a Mustang fan for over 5 decades. The quality issues I have seen on the new 2024 Mustang coming out of Flatrock are just terrible. The hoods do not line up with the fenders at all. One side of the hood will almost be touching the fender corner then the other side of the hood has a gap wider than the Mississippi river. My saleman and I are both Mustang fans he has one on order and I'am looking for one to buy. But after seeing the quality Flatrock is putting out its really is disheartening. We both were just shaking are heads and could not believe the workmanship being put into these cars. Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on. I drove one and fell in love with it and should have bought that one because it was the only one that looked like any care was put into it, just did not like the color. If I would have know that most suffer from poor workmanship I would have just bought it. I think Ford really needs to step up the quality in that plant when your paying 60+ it should not look like it was in wreak and just came out of the body shop. The UAW should be ashamed of the quality they are putting out. I hope with this pay raise they get their act together and start paying some attenution to what they are doing because no one is doing any inspections on these cars to have so many quality issues that I see. Who ever is doing the hoods, bumper covers, front end caps and trunks needs to find another job and quit messing up this icon the Mustang and have a little pride in your work people. Sorry for the rant it really is just shocking the quality they are putting out. I really love this Mustang and want one bad but just cannot do it with the workmanship they are putting into them. Hope they get better because I really would like to get one soon.
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...

A GT here (equivalent to your premium) down under will be ~AUD$90k.
It will be disappointing if our scheduled January builds still have crap build quality.
This is a lot of money.

I get sick of people making excuses that it's mass produced.
So is a BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc.

CJs did a video about crap bonnet and front guard alignment a few weeks ago.

OP
OP

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Like you said they should not have these issues and a Mass produced car is not a very good excuse. Some of the issues can not be fixed with an adjustment like the rear bumper covers. When you have to align things the screws will show paint chips on them which look bad to me.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Like you said they should not have these issues and a Mass produced car is not a very good excuse. Some of the issues can not be fixed with an adjustment like the rear bumper covers. When you have to align things the screws will show paint chips on them which look bad to me.
Do we blame the robot or the worker?

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body
I saw that the other day as well. I was very surprised by that. Looked awful. Couldn’t tell if it was bad paint application or what. Kind of looks like the panel was pressed on while paint was still wet. So maybe a wrinkle in the mold, or when bumper is removed from the mold. Ick.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Ford always had some quality issues but it seriously turned into a mess when covid hit. Sadly, I do not believe the company will recover from the damage that was done. Now it is controlled by bean counters that say "oh make that part cheaper" or "we can make vehicles cheaper in other countries." Makes me sad for the beloved Mustang.

Quality is job one none. 😂

S650 Mustang Quality is not job One at Flatrock 1699015812168

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Personally, I'm getting a tired of hearing the COVID and mass produced excuse. Quality and workmanship are touted by car manufacturers today, but some do better than others. It mystifies me as to how some of these cars are allowed to leave the factory after undergoing a "final quality control check." I think rather than pulling a car off the line for paint flaws, body panel alignment, etc., etc., they let it pass and put the burden on the dealership.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
You know whats funny? The UAW was asking for a 40% raise and a 4 day work week just a couple weeks ago while the build quality was like that. Its appalling that is what it its.

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Ford always had some quality issues but it seriously turned into a mess when covid hit. Sadly, I do not believe the company will recover from the damage that was done. Now it is controlled by bean counters that say "oh make that part cheaper" or "we can make vehicles cheaper in other countries." Makes me sad for the beloved Mustang.

Quality is job one none. 😂

1699015812168.png
Remember Ford decided it was cheaper to let people burn rather than fix the Pinto.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You guys seem to understand the business model. It is calculated that warranty repairs or repairs for small issues cost less than any downtime.

if you lost over $10,000 in under a minute to “stop the line” and fix something over and over again there would be no cars.

Btw my cars paint, fit and finish was FLAWLESS.
So it’s not all wonky panels and complaints.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have been a Mustang fan for over 5 decades. The quality issues I have seen on the new 2024 Mustang coming out of Flatrock are just terrible. The hoods do not line up with the fenders at all. One side of the hood will almost be touching the fender corner then the other side of the hood has a gap wider than the Mississippi river. My saleman and I are both Mustang fans he has one on order and I'am looking for one to buy. But after seeing the quality Flatrock is putting out its really is disheartening. We both were just shaking are heads and could not believe the workmanship being put into these cars. Rear bumper caps have ripples in them where the side of the cover fits to the body and looks like an aftermarket bumper cover not an OEM quality bumper cover. I seen such bad trunk gaps it looks like some kid off the street put the trunk on. I drove one and fell in love with it and should have bought that one because it was the only one that looked like any care was put into it, just did not like the color. If I would have know that most suffer from poor workmanship I would have just bought it. I think Ford really needs to step up the quality in that plant when your paying 60+ it should not look like it was in wreak and just came out of the body shop. The UAW should be ashamed of the quality they are putting out. I hope with this pay raise they get their act together and start paying some attenution to what they are doing because no one is doing any inspections on these cars to have so many quality issues that I see. Who ever is doing the hoods, bumper covers, front end caps and trunks needs to find another job and quit messing up this icon the Mustang and have a little pride in your work people. Sorry for the rant it really is just shocking the quality they are putting out. I really love this Mustang and want one bad but just cannot do it with the workmanship they are putting into them. Hope they get better because I really would like to get one soon.
The same body panel alignment issues have been going on since the 2015 S550 as far as hood to fenders, hood elevation, trunk to rear quarter and back bumper

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT

A GT here (equivalent to your premium) down under will be ~AUD$90k.
It will be disappointing if our scheduled January builds still have crap build quality.
This is a lot of money.

I get sick of people making excuses that it's mass produced.
So is a BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc.

CJs did a video about crap bonnet and front guard alignment a few weeks ago.

That is why I wait on order of second batches arriving mid next year, hopefully things are found and fixed by then. What colour did you get ? Kinda sucks how we don't get the black spoiler in the Nite package but at least the active exhaust is stock standards.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
The same body panel alignment issues have been going on since the 2015 S550 as far as hood to fenders, hood elevation, trunk to rear quarter and back bumper
Yep.. the body panel gaps on my 350R are incredibly bad ...

This is all nothing new.
Sponsored