• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is job 1

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Does the UAW have a Facebook page etc???
Post this stuff there as well for maximum exposure.

I'm afraid you're just preaching to the converted here.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I will bout promise you, that seat was seen at the plant, and it got a F it, let warranty swap it.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Seats are interesting… the passenger seat is put in 100 yards down the line from the rears and the driver seat.

So they got out of sequence, imagine a conveyer of hundreds of seats… multiple conveyors actually and they are sequenced to hit the car in the correct order hundreds of feet apart.

Now if for a second the line stopped or it somehow got out of sequence… but rarely if ever can that happen

But in a new launch… they may have actually been out of seats or waiting on recaros shipment… so the build the car to keep it moving and mark it to manually get the seats later on rework.

Just giving ideas of how this could happen … most likely it was offline repair work.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The seats are bagged at the factory which produces them. Things could have been out of sequence at the Recaro factory.

The translucent bags, coupled with the few moments the car is at any one station, makes it more difficult to see and correct.

Maybe on the line, definitely during shipping, the Passenger seat is extended all the way down, making the obvious more difficult to see.

Not making excuses. Just explaining how it's possible.

I will say if I was the dealer, I would not have posted photos or presented the car until that was fixed. Any buyer is going to see that and think, "What else did Ford get wrong? What else did Ford and the dealer miss?"

"Price went up by $3,081. 54 days at this dealership" :facepalm: @Ford Motor Company

S650 Mustang Quality is job 1 skye arrives 008

S650 Mustang Quality is job 1 skye arrives 009

Last edited:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
When the '30/04 Mach 1s were produced, many black cars made itout the door without their (black) stripes. There were mismatched front and back seats, the unique C pillars were often mismatched and at least one came with the regular grille instead of the grille delete. I've got photos of a 2013 Boss 302 that sat on the showroom floor with a GT/CS logoed passenger side dash panel.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Very special order, buyer backed out?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
On CNBC on Sept. 13, UAW President Shawn Fain said the three large U.S. automakers "could double ... wages, not raise the price of vehicles, and still make billions in profits." He confirmed that the union is still seeking 40 percent pay hikes.

In addition to the double-digit pay increase, the UAW is demanding a four-year contract that includes a 32-hour workweek with 40 hours of pay and the restoration of traditional pensions.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
If it says special order how closely are oddities watched/confirmed/verified?
Apparently not very close! Although it should be watched much closer than this.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If it says special order how closely are oddities watched/confirmed/verified?
A Special Order is a customer order.

At both the factory and the dealer, customer or fleet order, the checkout process will be the same. Obviously, there were places where things went wrong for this order. Systemic failures bother me. The occasional one-off? 🤷‍♂️

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
To @samson post ...

Why would you want to increase the salaries with 40% when the folks don't even recognize that they have put in two different seats.... 🤣 as it is in this case

sorry had to.......